Any guesses what QE will be doing oct 20-nov 1?

oskidunker

Just to make sure we're clear about the dates, I think the first gap in QE's schedule starts October 13th. Her last scheduled UK "staycation" cruise around the British Isles is Q129Q: October 1-13, 2021. Then after that, we know she intends to pick up your November 1st Canary Islands cruise (which used to be QV voyage V126).

All I know at this point is what Cunard is saying about QE's previously planned schedule to/in Australia:

"Instead, she will continue to sail a little closer to the UK, including voyages to the Iberian Coast and the Canary Islands."

Iberian Penninsulaa 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:32 AM, oskidunker said:

I thought I heard Iberian Peninsula which  probably means Canary Islands. Hoping something I can book appears before my Nov 1 Canary Islands cruise

Iberian Peninsula is Spain and Portugal. I expect it will be like the cruises P&O are running there.

The 10-night December 13-23, 2021 "Atlantic Coast Adventure" cruise QE will be doing as the replacement for QV voyage V130 should also count as an Iberian Coast voyage. The ports on that cruise are La Coruna, Cadiz, Gibraltar and Lisbon (overnight).

On a slightly different vein, the 1 November cruise which was originally the QV, has been cancelled and the QE substituted.

We are booked to go.

Does anyone know when they are sending the substitute documents? Our TA is asking for payment but I don't want to pay anything until I'm certain the new documents are in order.

Stewart

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

On a slightly different vein, the 1 November cruise which was originally the QV, has been cancelled and the QE substituted.

We are booked to go.

Does anyone know when they are sending the substitute documents? Our TA is asking for payment but I don't want to pay anything until I'm certain the new documents are in order.

Stewart

Thought my TA wanted payment by the end of the first week of July which I queried with them and they agreed to put the balance back so it is now due at end of July.

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Thought my TA wanted payment by the end of the first week of July which I queried with them and they agreed to put the balance back so it is now due at end of July.

...but do you have your new documents yet?

6 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

...but do you have your new documents yet?

no have heard nothing except the initial e-mail saying my cruise was being transferred from QV to QE. I am not concerned I am sure everything will be sorted out in good time as I am sure they are very busy at the moment with cancellations and refunds.

Have had e mail with new booking reference for 1st December Canaries cruise transfered from QV to QE. One thing to watch my on board spend from future cruise deposit was not carried forward. Quickly put right following phone call, but something to watch as was told "computer error"

Thanks to @sogne pointing me to the Madeira port schedule, we may now know QE will be doing another Canary Islands cruise prior to the one departing Nov 1. The Madeira port schedule is showing QE in Funchal on Oct 22, 2021.

A couple other gaps in QE's schedule are also looking like they will include calls to Funchal.

Nov 15-Nov 27, 2021   (12 nights)

Nov 19, 2021 - Funchal, Madeira

Jan 6-Mar 24, 2022   (77 nights)

Jan 14, 2022 - Funchal, Madeira

QE is scheduled to be in Singapore on Mar 24, 2022 so we know a significant portion of that 77-night gap in her schedule will involve her sailing to Singapore.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, BigMac1953 said:

We are booked to go.

Stewart

Hi we are on December 1st and December 13th and not received any documents whatsoever but quite happy with the change of ship because QE is our  personal favourite and until we get confirmation we won’t be paying either 

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks to @sogne pointing me to the Madeira port schedule, we may now know QE will be doing another Canary Islands cruise prior to the one departing Nov 1. The Madeira port schedule is showing QE in Funchal on Oct 22, 2021.

A couple other gaps in QE's schedule are also looking like they will include calls to Funchal.

Nov 15-Nov 27, 2021   (12 nights)

Nov 19, 2021 - Funchal, Madeira

Jan 6-Mar 24, 2022   (77 nights)

Jan 14, 2022 - Funchal, Madeira

QE is scheduled to be in Singapore on Mar 24, 2022 so we know a significant portion of that 77-night gap in her schedule will involve her sailing to Singapore.

Exact same port? Is there enough to see if I do a back to back with same ports? Currently on Nov 1. Looking for something oct 20. As our flights arrive10/19 

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Exact same port? Is there enough to see if I do a back to back with same ports? Currently on Nov 1. Looking for something oct 20. As our flights arrive10/19 

Sorry, I can't help with how much there is to see in the ports on your Canary Islands itinerary as I haven't been there myself. But I'm reasonably certain QE won't be departing Southampton on Oct 20. There are four days between Southampton and Madeira on your Nov 1 itinerary, so the latest she could leave Southampton to be in Madeira on October 22 would be October 18.

By the way, the Maderia port schedule is indicating the October 22 call is going to be an overnight call extending to October 23. That's consistent with your Nov 1 itinerary which has an overnight call in Madeira on Nov 5-6. If QE departs Southampton on October 18, that would also be a 14-night cruise, the same duration as your Nov 1 itinerary.

The same four day span appears on the 12-night Canary Islands voyage departing Southampton on Dec 1 and arriving at Madeira on Dec 5. That's QV voyage V129 which is being moved to QE. Also, the 12-night gap in QE's schedule departing Southampton on Nov 15 is now apparently going to have a call at Madeira four days later on Nov 19.

Edited by bluemarble

Princess has a 7 day cruise leaving Southampton on the 23rd, returning to Southampton. Three ports. One in France with a Cognac tour available and then tho other stops. .   Two in Spain, 

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=G129P

Edited by oskidunker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Princess has a 7 day cruise leaving Southampton on the 23rd, returning to Southampton. Three ports. One in France with a Cognac tour available and then tho other stops. .   Two in Spain, 

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=G129P

7 day cruise sounds better than nothing. I really hope that you will make it and the cruise will be enjoyable. The route is very nice. Cognac is a very nice (but very small) city. It resembles Venice in a way but without canals. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot.. and make sure to try some of the best cognac

2 hours ago, safarigal said:

Tempting!

It is tempting, but alas, school holiday week here, which I would prefer to avoid.

Just waiting for Cunard to release their new voyages.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an itinerary found on a cruise booking website for QE's 15-27 November 2021 voyage which hasn't been announced yet.

15 Nov 2021 Southampton

18 Nov 2021 Lisbon

19 Nov 2021 Cadiz

21 Nov 2021 Valencia

22 Nov 2021 Cartagena

23 Nov 2021 Malaga

24 Nov 2021 Gibraltar

27 Nov 2021 Southampton

This differs with the Madeira port schedule mentioned above which lists QE in Funchal on 19 Nov 2021, so take this with a grain/pinch of salt. I haven't found any of the other unannounced itineraries for QE or QM2 yet.

Here's what QE might be doing from 18 October to 1 November 2021.

18 Oct 2021 Southampton
21 Oct 2021 Cadiz
23 Oct 2021 Palma de Mallorca
24 Oct 2021 Ibiza
25 Oct 2021 Valencia
27 Oct 2021 Malaga
29 Oct 2021 Lisbon
01 Nov 2021 Southampton

Once again this conflicts with the Madeira port schedule which has QE in Funchal on 22 October 2021. I found this itinerary, as well as the 15 November itinerary I posted above, on a different cruise booking website from the one I was looking at yesterday.

I just received an advert today for 14 nights from Oct 18 to Nov 1from Southampton thru the Canary Islands and back to Southampton on Queen Elizabeth "Salcation".  Here is the itinerary:

Your Cruise Itinerary: Southampton > Funchal (overnight in port) > Tenerife > Gran Canaria > Lanzarote > Cadiz > Lisbon > Southampton

Singer Michael Ball, Paul Potts and presenter Eamonn Holmes will be onboard for entertainment along with Bjorn Again, an ABBA satire group.  Reduced capacity, masks in some areas, social distancing, proof of vax, and onboard testing will be in place.

Prices are in my opinion reasonable (£1699 for a balcony).  Too bad I'm in the US and only partially vaxxed, otherwise I'd go in a minute (just to see Michael Ball perform).

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

I just received an advert today for 14 nights from Oct 18 to Nov 1from Southampton thru the Canary Islands and back to Southampton on Queen Elizabeth "Salcation".  Here is the itinerary:

Your Cruise Itinerary: Southampton > Funchal (overnight in port) > Tenerife > Gran Canaria > Lanzarote > Cadiz > Lisbon > Southampton

Thanks for that, @Diver2014. The itinerary you've listed here does match the Madeira port schedule which has QE in Funchal for an overnight on Oct 22-23. For whatever reason, that cruise can't be found yet on the Cunard website and several UK cruise booking websites are listing the itinerary I posted above with calls to the Balearic Islands. I haven't found a site listing that Canary Islands itinerary yet.