Any guesses what QE will be doing oct 20-nov 1?

oskidunker

22 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I haven't found a site listing that Canary Islands itinerary yet.

11 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

What does Salcation  mean?

I spoke too soon. There is a UK site advertising the Oct 18-Nov 1 Canary Islands itinerary as a "Canaries Sailcation". It's listed as an "exclusive 14-night no-fly holiday on board Queen Elizabeth."

This gives the impression this might be a charter cruise (along the lines of the QM2 "Stars at Sea" charters we've seen in the past).  If so, that would explain why it's not listed on the Cunard website.

55 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I spoke too soon. There is a UK site advertising the Oct 18-Nov 1 Canary Islands itinerary as a "Canaries Sailcation". It's listed as an "exclusive 14-night no-fly holiday on board Queen Elizabeth."

This gives the impression this might be a charter cruise (along the lines of the QM2 "Stars at Sea" charters we've seen in the past).  If so, that would explain why it's not listed on the Cunard website.

It's a 'Sailcation'....my fingers can't seem to find vowels on my keyboard.  I got the advert for this cruise because I'm a Michael Ball fan and he's going to be performing maybe twice during the 14 days.

It isnt advertised on Cunard's website because the QE has been chartered by a cruise TA for 14nt cruise on 18th Oct-1st Nov and is only bookable direct with them. They are also doing a similar one in September on Regal Princess.

• Like 1

Yesterday we booked the “Sailcation” cruise on the Queen Elizabeth.( Oct 16th-Nov 1st) 

Fantastic value for a 14 night cruise around the Canaries in October.

We have gone for a Princess Grill cabin, hopefully it will be the same standard and quality of a normal Cunard cruise.

Interested to get other opinion on this type of charter cruise?

Will we still be able to purchase the drinks package for example?

Only one TA is selling this cruise who I believe have taken all the cabins, although I believe with restricted numbers.

Weather should be perfect in the Canaries in October, just hope we can get off without covid restrictions.

Mklions..

17 hours ago, mklions said:

Yesterday we booked the “Sailcation” cruise on the Queen Elizabeth.( Oct 16th-Nov 1st) 

We have gone for a Princess Grill cabin, hopefully it will be the same standard and quality of a normal Cunard cruise.

Only one TA is selling this cruise who I believe have taken all the cabins, although I believe with restricted numbers.

Weather should be perfect in the Canaries in October, just hope we can get off without covid restrictions.

Mklions..

You beat me to the post!!!  Like you I think this is a good price (just have to convince DH though) and I love Michael Ball and the sound of the rest of the entertainment.  We've seen Bjorn Again before and they are excellent.  Having never been on a cruise which has been chartered I do have a few concerns.  Will everything be just like a Cunard cruise with the usual every day activities, including free wifi if you are a world club member,  etc?  And will we get World Club points?

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but would like confirmation one way or another.

Plus

How do I persuade DH to book?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/18/2021 at 9:50 AM, babs135 said:

You beat me to the post!!!  Like you I think this is a good price (just have to convince DH though) and I love Michael Ball and the sound of the rest of the entertainment.  We've seen Bjorn Again before and they are excellent.  Having never been on a cruise which has been chartered I do have a few concerns.  Will everything be just like a Cunard cruise with the usual every day activities, including free wifi if you are a world club member,  etc?  And will we get World Club points?

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but would like confirmation one way or another.

Plus

How do I persuade DH to book?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booked while it was available. No P2 cabins left .. booked a P1 for slightly more than the advertised price.  Same cabin just on a couple decks higher. There was limited availability yesterday .. be quick to persuade DH.  Never booked this way before with a sole agent but it was sorted very easily .. now the anticipation and excitement begins.  Anyone got experience of this type of charter cruise.  Will we notice any differences once onboard.       

On 7/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, mklions said:

Mklions..

Agree a great price ... got all the same questions.  The cruise isn't listed to book through Cunard. 

The following cruise is already fully sold out for grills.  We'll have to start a roll call. 😃

We have sailed on all the Cunard current ships but QE is our favourite. We renewed our vows when Capt Wells was onboard before he retired.  All our close family were with us including two grandchildren.  They look so small on the photos .. now grown up in their late teens.  This cruise will be to celebrate husbands 70th.  He’s having quite a year!  Like everyone else so much was put on hold that it’s wonderful to finally have some holiday time.   

• Like 1