Checking Prices On A Booked Cruise

This may be a dumb question but what is the best way to check the price of your booking before your final payment?  Is there a particular website that is good for this?  I know it should be done fairly often.   Do you look for the advertised base prices before taxes & fees?  I just want to be sure about what I’m doing.

I just go to the Royal Caribbean's website and go through the steps to book the same cruise, same category room and it shows you the price, taxes and fees and total 

18 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Those ideas only work if you have not booked a suite.  There is never a price drop with a suite.

I’ve got price drops with suites many times. 

Edited by HicksRA

23 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Those ideas only work if you have not booked a suite.  There is never a price drop with a suite.

I had a price drop on my February Independence Grand Suite this week.  Only $88 dollars, but something. 

27 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So true. I've been keeping an eye on my cruise on Navigator during Christmas this year and the OS is over $2,100 more than what I paid for it.

18 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve got price drops with suites many times. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky.  Most of the times the suites are sold out so I can't check to see a better price when I look.  I just don't bother anymore.  I book at a price a like and I'm happy there.

Booking the same cruise again seems like a lot of hassle, I just call and ask for price drops on a particular cruise.  I have gotten well over a 1000 dollars off so far on three booked cruises for next year.   Price drops have slowed down the past three weeks with restrictions dropping and pent up demand.

2 hours ago, purpldoll6x said:

This may be a dumb question but what is the best way to check the price of your booking before your final payment?  Is there a particular website that is good for this?  I know it should be done fairly often.   Do you look for the advertised base prices before taxes & fees?  I just want to be sure about what I’m doing.

Also make sure you are comparing refundable versus non-refundable.

I use an app called Shipmate! You just enter your cruise and you can even select them to email you if there is a price change. It’s very quick and a lot easier than constantly making mock bookings. 

Edited by Jenna

30 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I use an app called Shipmate! You just enter your cruise and you can even select them to email you if there is a price change. It’s very quick and a lot easier than constantly making mock bookings. 

I have found more price matches doing mock bookings than I have with shipmate... 

Just now, LilBlackDress said:

I have found more price matches doing mock bookings than I have with shipmate... 

Really? I probably get a price change notification every single day. I definitely wouldn’t want to do a mock booking each and every day. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jenna said:

Really? I probably get a price change notification every single day. I definitely wouldn’t want to do a mock booking each and every day. 

Maybe I need to change a setting... I only get a notification about every 45-60 days 

8 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Maybe I need to change a setting... I only get a notification about every 45-60 days 

Haha, sometimes it is annoying like “okay I do not care that the price has gone up $4!!” But on the other hand we’ve had three price drops so far that we have been able to take advantage of. Prices for our cruise have skyrocketed though in the past eight months so I don’t expect anymore of those unfortunately!

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Haha, sometimes it is annoying like “okay I do not care that the price has gone up $4!!” But on the other hand we’ve had three price drops so far that we have been able to take advantage of. Prices for our cruise have skyrocketed though in the past eight months so I don’t expect anymore of those unfortunately!

I talked to my TA just before the end of the day sometime last week... and had him book a JS, in the morning I received the invoice. I did a mock booking just to check things out and the price went down almost $300. I emailed him and he adjusted the price... 3 days later my sister was looking to join us and the price was $1400 MORE!! Timing is everything  LOL