Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

30 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

No, he does not need a newer phone.  His phone is 3 years old.  In today's technology, a two years old mobile phone could be called old.  Our kids traded in theirs every year.  I have a pretty new phone.  Hubby delegated me handling all his traveling needs, and I got both of us MC ready with only my phone.

Thanks, we got his phone 8/2017.  I do see that it's Android 9, so hopefully should work.  Our cruise isn't until November so we'll wait to enter our data to see how everyone else handles the updates.  I've plenty of frustrations in life, getting an app to work for a cruise doesn't need to be one of them! 

23 minutes ago, norwega said:

I've plenty of frustrations in life, getting an app to work for a cruise doesn't need to be one of them!

Totally understand.  No one should spend more than one hour on this app to get everything ready.  

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

It can be "officially" upgraded to Android 9 which is fine for the MC App. If you are tech savvy and willing to mess with things you can get an unofficial update to Android 11. 

Reading your post made me go and check the version on *my* S10e. Mine is at version 11. I did nothing special to get it there...just upgraded whenever it said there was an update. AT&T phone.

We changed cabins this morning. Showed up right away on our cruise personalizer .Travel agent changed it for us.

When I went to the Medallion application, still shows the old cabin number.Same category so don't know why it didn't change there.

Anyone else change cabins and did it show up or did you need to call for help.I would think it would be an automatic thing,

24 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

Totally understand.  No one should spend more than one hour on this app to get everything ready.  

I agree. I wonder why people are spending so much time on the app. I can understand the frustration if it is close to the start of the cruise, but if the cruise is months away and the app has issues why not forget about it and wait until the bugs are fixed. I have cruises booked for September, October, November, and next April. The app is working fine for the one in September. I'm not really paying much attention to the others yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

We changed cabins this morning. Showed up right away on our cruise personalizer .Travel agent changed it for us.

When I went to the Medallion application, still shows the old cabin number.Same category so don't know why it didn't change there.

Anyone else change cabins and did it show up or did you need to call for help.I would think it would be an automatic thing,

My educated guess is that there is a delay between an update in POLAR (booking/reservations) and when MC App gets the info.  Two different systems.

2 hours ago, billco said:

I agree. I wonder why people are spending so much time on the app. I can understand the frustration if it is close to the start of the cruise, but if the cruise is months away and the app has issues why not forget about it and wait until the bugs are fixed. I have cruises booked for September, October, November, and next April. The app is working fine for the one in September. I'm not really paying much attention to the others yet.

I was responding to a poster that I understood her frustration.  The app is working fine for our cruise next month.  Why do you need to do anything on your September cruise right now?  I would wait.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

If you are tech savvy and willing to mess with things you can get an unofficial update to Android 11

Any benefits getting an unofficial version of the app?

1 hour ago, CeCe_ said:

Any benefits getting an unofficial version of the app?

If you mean the MC App, that isn't what the post you responded to was about.  It was about the Android Operating System (OS) and how to get an unofficial upgrade to a certain device.

• Like 1

I would suggest that next time Princess posts a feature  about their wonderful app on Facebook people reply with their “constructive” comments. There may be a post tomorrow. They seem to take notice of wha5 people say on FB!

Edited by Alcairns
Clarification
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, san diego sue said:

try to log off the application and log back in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, manunia said:

try to log off the application and log back in

Thanks for that suggestion - we completed our Health Status and got a green lane for our UK Regal Princess cruise in 12 days yesterday. But loading the app this morning, it had turned to yellow for no apparent reason! I signed out and logged back in and we are now back at green. 

• Like 1

I have a strange one. Two future cruises, first one does not show Emergency Return Airport or flight info. Second cruise shows these options but says my Emergency Return 'is not in the same region as home address'

i try to edit my Personal Info and find a very old Mobile number, different from the number on my profile on Princess site. I re enter address but it will not let me Save. 

Funny thing too, address has a line for 'House Name', very English

🙂

37 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I have a strange one. Two future cruises, first one does not show Emergency Return Airport or flight info. Second cruise shows these options but says my Emergency Return 'is not in the same region as home address'

i try to edit my Personal Info and find a very old Mobile number, different from the number on my profile on Princess site. I re enter address but it will not let me Save. 

Funny thing too, address has a line for 'House Name', very English

🙂

What is a house name?

22 hours ago, san diego sue said:

I followed suggestion to go out of the appl. and sign back in. Still shows the old cabin number not my new one. It did immediately pick up when I added an extra week to be a B2B . I changed cabins so we would have the same one both weeks.So I do think the Medallion appl. picked up right away that I made a change because it did show 14 days instead of the original 7. So somehow it doesn't pick up all the information on the bookings. guess I will have to call the help line on this . Will wait till Tuesday since weekends and Mondays they are swamped with calls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

What is a house name?

I was waiting for Brits to respond. I believe long ago, in small villages, some houses did not have a street number, so people would refer to a cottage by the church as Vicar's Nook etc. It was common in UK for people to put a plaque outside their home, like 'Rainbows End' on a retirement cottage. Don't know if it is done now.

47 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I was waiting for Brits to respond. I believe long ago, in small villages, some houses did not have a street number, so people would refer to a cottage by the church as Vicar's Nook etc. It was common in UK for people to put a plaque outside their home, like 'Rainbows End' on a retirement cottage. Don't know if it is done now.

Some people in the UK like to name their house whether they have a street number and street name or otherwise. 

26 minutes ago, louden said:

Has anyone been able to upload vaccination proof in the "Health" section?  I've got version 3.0.92725 of the app.

Thar feature was there when Health Status section was first released, but it has been removed AFAIK.  You just attest to vaccination now.  Regardless of an upload you need to bring the original proof documents or electronic email with the line, or electronic access (login).  Princess has details in their FAQ's for sailing on upcoming cruises.  BTW, you have the current version for Android.

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thar feature was there when Health Status section was first released, but it has been removed AFAIK.  You just attest to vaccination now.  Regardless of an upload you need to bring the original proof documents or electronic email with the line, or electronic access (login).  Princess has details in their FAQ's for sailing on upcoming cruises.  BTW, you have the current version for Android.

Thank you for your reply and information.  Unfortunately I guess Princess was misleading again.  The "Play Store" What's New - Last updated Jul 12, 2021 states in part "Health & Vaccine Submission form available in MClass Ocean Ready Checklist"

I am at the point of total despair, we sail in 12 days time and after having 5 weeks of trouble with the app, last Monday finally everything was all set and good, logged back in this morning and lost all the ticks apart from have you ordered your medallion  - lost doc's, lost embarkation time, lost everything else and only back to loading blank white pages.

I have never felt so stressed about going on a cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, louden said:

Thank you for your reply and information.  Unfortunately I guess Princess was misleading again.  The "Play Store" What's New - Last updated Jul 12, 2021 states in part "Health & Vaccine Submission form available in MClass Ocean Ready Checklist"

Yes, the Health Status "form" is there to be filled in.  Mostly answering Y/N questions.  The upload part was just for the vaccination document.  Just that removed now.

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

@Steelers36who are the Princess people you had recent conversations with ? Is it possible, via your contacts, to escalate this to senior people ? I ask because you seem to have made inroads where I would not know where to start. 

I did escalate the MC App bugs and functionality issues, DineMyWay shortcomings and behaviors, Arrival Groups and those with Captain's Circle priority.  I also inquired about clarity on Internet package pricing and our discount.  All my (duplicated) correspondence went to various members of the executive team.  And I caught their attention it seems.  I have had written and verbal correspondence with just one executive, however (probably nominated to be the one since CR).

It was a good conversation, but I have not spoken directly with anyone on the OCEAN MC App team.  That would have been interesting.  So, it was more of a positive exchange on the issues and what they are addressing.  He had to go away and look into some things as not all that close to it in CR dept. 

I think they have had to zone in on the start of cruising in US and UK and that is where the focus has been for fixes.

Things are somewhat different today then when I first wrote them.  IMO, the App is a lot more stable now and isn't giving me different results each day.  I hope they will beef up DMW soon for 2022, but they have to get the 2021 taken care of first. 

For me personally, our OCT 2022 voyages (one logical B2B2B and one physical several days later) are functioning well within the MC App, except I have not had access to DMW for first voyage for almost two weeks now.