Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Here we go again...

Just finished one cruise and now preparing for our December cruise. Right off the bat, the app is giving me issues but this time, in a new area (for me). I'm trying to order the medallion, since you need this to get into the green lane. Being in Canada, I obviously can't have it shipped (thank, Princess) but the "pick up at port" option says it's unavailable. So...what do I do? Is it because we are sailing from Galveston and it's a new port? Anyone else have this issue?

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Here we go again...

Just finished one cruise and now preparing for our December cruise. Right off the bat, the app is giving me issues but this time, in a new area (for me). I'm trying to order the medallion, since you need this to get into the green lane. Being in Canada, I obviously can't have it shipped (thank, Princess) but the "pick up at port" option says it's unavailable. So...what do I do? Is it because we are sailing from Galveston and it's a new port? Anyone else have this issue?

I’d retry again this week.  This weekend the website and App were really glitchy. Weekends are a little strange. Sign out and back in the App. 
You’ve got plenty of time, ask APP team to look at it.  Anyone else on your roll call having this issue?

6 minutes ago, MochiiOwl said:

Can someone explain, does my husband and I both need to download the Medallion App, create separate accounts, and fill out the questions separately? Or can we just do it all from my phone only?

I did all the precruise checkin for both DH and I on my phone.  He did absolutely nothing on his phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MochiiOwl said:

Can someone explain, does my husband and I both need to download the Medallion App, create separate accounts, and fill out the questions separately? Or can we just do it all from my phone only?

I did all of the setup and information entering on my phone for both of us. However, I also installed the app on my wife's phone so she has the ability to check her folio, order food or drinks, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

I did all of the setup and information entering on my phone for both of us. However, I also installed the app on my wife's phone so she has the ability to check her folio, order food or drinks, etc.

One more question, do you need to purchase the WiFi in order to use the app features? I am leaning away from WiFi simply to stay away from the temptation of browsing emails while on vacation. 

16 minutes ago, MochiiOwl said:

One more question, do you need to purchase the WiFi in order to use the app features? I am leaning away from WiFi simply to stay away from the temptation of browsing emails while on vacation. 

The app functions do not require the internet acess purchase.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to add some travel mates to my app and keeps coming up booking not found.   I know they are booked and deposit has been made.   What do I need to do?   I have already added successfully 5 other booking number but having problems with the other 2 showing not found.   Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, mrsihopes said:

I am trying to add some travel mates to my app and keeps coming up booking not found.   I know they are booked and deposit has been made.   What do I need to do?   I have already added successfully 5 other booking number but having problems with the other 2 showing not found.   Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to add them for DMW for seating/reservations?

If they were just booked recently, give it a few days.  Make sure to double check the booking numbers too.

The app on my phone shows checkin times of early-mid-late but won’t let me select one?  And initially when I open the app it says 

Good Evening

Title & Last Name?  What the heck is that all about? My name is in the app?

Thanks for any insight 

26 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

The app on my phone shows checkin times of early-mid-late but won’t let me select one?  And initially when I open the app it says 

Good Evening

Title & Last Name?  What the heck is that all about? My name is in the app?

Thanks for any insight 

I thought Tinkerbell was on DCL?  😆

Kidding!  
Usually, when you see the arrival times, initially it is getting ready to open them a couple of days later.  Retry again later.

The Title and Last name jargon….IDK

Sign out and then sign back in.

The weekends, a lot of strange things happen on the App, because of updating.

Retry on Monday.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, garbar said:

Android medallion app update looks pretty. 

Screenshot_20220930-202847.png

Mine just updated.  However, when I open it up, it says "Good evening.  First Name Only."  It does not mention my name.  Does your update mention your first name?

13 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Mine just updated.  However, when I open it up, it says "Good evening.  First Name Only."  It does not mention my name.  Does your update mention your first name?

Yes

38 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Same here. Doesn't bother me unless the crew begins to address me "Good morning Mr. First Name Only."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

That’s exactly how I feel I can’t find anywhere to correct it with my name!

I was so excited when things were moving quickly through the app without any problems.  Something as simple as the client's name should be an easy task.  I just don't understand.

• Like 1