Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

35 minutes ago, Dreamcruiser185 said:

We are leaving on March 11th also. Everything in the app has a green checkmark by it.  I don’t get it.   

Us too,...  We leave March 9th, green lane for a couple of months, and this morning POOF back to blue.. Still have green checks on all the categories, but no more green lane ????

1 hour ago, srpilo said:

Us too,...  We leave March 9th, green lane for a couple of months, and this morning POOF back to blue.. Still have green checks on all the categories, but no more green lane ????

Wait to do your 24 hour health check then all will forgiven 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LPG27 said:

Need help logging into the Medallion ap for my husband.   I have logged into the app and entered information without trouble.  My husband is not able to get on the app   He tries logging in using the booking number but it doesn't work. He get a response unable to ....  Then he tried creating a new account and that doesn't work either.  What are we missing?   Can someone please advise if there is a special way for the second person in the room to get on the app.

Never create another account or try to link.  
Have him sign into the website and enter his details and do the website version of the App.  He can log in using name and booking number if email and pw doesn’t work.

You may need to call in to fix the account if it still doesn’t work.  I wouldn’t call on the weekend.  I’d call on Monday after 6 am PT. 

10 hours ago, mrsihopes said:

I am leaving on cruise next Saturday Mar 11.   Have been green lane for weeks now but today it says blue lane.   Wonder what is going on....

Seems others are having same problems since yesterday. Updates over the weekend and recently seemed to have cause issues.  Wait till Monday and see if it corrects itself.  Don’t do anything.

9 hours ago, srpilo said:

Probably a glitch.  Seems every weekend we have some glitch after all these pricing updates.  

Don’t touch anything and recheck next week.  

Has to be a glitch.  We leave this Sunday, March 5, and our (DW and I) lane status changed from green to blue for both of us.  We have been green lane for several weeks.  We hope they get it fixed by Sunday or there will be a lot of people in the blue lane! 😕

We haven't sailed (on Princess or anyone) since before the pandemic and the before the creation of the Medallion App. All I have to say is WOW! What a glitchy, inconsistent, slow, piece of technology to be forced to use. It's such a bad experience so far, we could very possibly be looking at other cruise brands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TAW1963 said:

Has to be a glitch.  We leave this Sunday, March 5, and our (DW and I) lane status changed from green to blue for both of us.  We have been green lane for several weeks.  We hope they get it fixed by Sunday or there will be a lot of people in the blue lane! 😕

If you have a wellness check on your App, attest to the health questions.  You would do that 24 hours before, so Sat aftn.

Used to be, after you answer those, you would go back to green.

If it doesn’t apply to you, no worries just go to the port.  

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 2/27/2023 at 11:58 AM, Mr Sea Gull said:

Thank you for that, I have checked the cruise personalizer and along with the invoice it notes the 4 devices per person. I will follow your advice and do a mock booking, good to know you can book or bail.

If everything shows as correct except for the app I suppose it is ok to presume it can be sorted once onboard if it doesn't in the app before, pain to have to waste precious time at guest services though.

I'll do almost anything to avoid Guest Services ... but on our Royal P cruise in December they had a huge number of techies the first couple of days, so the wait was never more than a few minutes.  I probably made 5 trips up there the first 3 days, and the number of techies decreased every day.   Obviously the ship was aware of all the pax with problems with medallion.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:06 AM, Eamon Chute said:

We haven't sailed (on Princess or anyone) since before the pandemic and the before the creation of the Medallion App. All I have to say is WOW! What a glitchy, inconsistent, slow, piece of technology to be forced to use. It's such a bad experience so far, we could very possibly be looking at other cruise brands.

Really the worst thing about it is that Princess choose to ignore all the problems.  We've taken around 50 cruises, haven't cruised with Princess in quite a few years.  Can't believe the problems I've had - and ongoing - trying to get our info accepted by the app.  It just won't work, have tried filling in details on the app and on line, the 'confirm' button remains greyed out.  Deleted and reinstalled the app.  Same thing.  Certainly doesn't make me want to cruise with Princess again.  I just hope our actual cruise experience is a whole lot better than the experience we've had with the useless Medallion!  Have now given up, I've wasted enough time on it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

I'll do almost anything to avoid Guest Services ... but on our Royal P cruise in December they had a huge number of techies the first couple of days, so the wait was never more than a few minutes.  I probably made 5 trips up there the first 3 days, and the number of techies decreased every day.   Obviously the ship was aware of all the pax with problems with medallion.

You made 5 trips to the techies!  Your patience deserves an award!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Really the worst thing about it is that Princess choose to ignore all the problems.  We've taken around 50 cruises, haven't cruised with Princess in quite a few years.  Can't believe the problems I've had - and ongoing - trying to get our info accepted by the app.  It just won't work, have tried filling in details on the app and on line, the 'confirm' button remains greyed out.  Deleted and reinstalled the app.  Same thing.  Certainly doesn't make me want to cruise with Princess again.  I just hope our actual cruise experience is a whole lot better than the experience we've had with the useless Medallion!  Have now given up, I've wasted enough time on it.

I went through the same thing with our first and last Princess cruise in December.  There are so many good cruiselines out there that I'd rather cruise on a ship that's interested in giving us a good experience.  Appears that Princess goes out of her way to annoy the customers, and it's been going on for years.  Our cruise on Royal P was fine, but my opinion was skewed by the dislike I built up over the weeks and months trying to fulfill their insane requirements to board the durn ship!  And then to find that the medallion was just useless ... it did open our door, but so did a keycard from days gone by!

For the sake of balance, can I just say that I have never had any issues inputting information into the app,  have been able to make dinner reservations with no problem, personal data has been transferred to future cruises seamlessly, etc,   and once on board the Medallion has worked faultlessly.

Cruising with a line that does not have similar technology feels like going back to the dark ages! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

For the sake of balance, can I just say that I have never had any issues inputting information into the app,  have been able to make dinner reservations with no problem, personal data has been transferred to future cruises seamlessly, etc,   and once on board the Medallion has worked faultlessly.

Cruising with a line that does not have similar technology feels like going back to the dark ages! 

I think it is fair that the App has improved a lot since the initial release.

That said, it does not deal well with booking dining for multiple-linked voyages if anything happens along the way.  It does not deliver on the promise of same table and waiters.  And I believe that the repeating data corruption issues for guests such as lack of access, lost CC Member Level, etc,, are inexcusable after almost 2 years in production.

I can also say that as of later last year when I was last using the App, that it mostly functioned well - except for DMW - and I considered myself lucky we didn't have data corruption and didn't have any lingering serious issues in 2022.

• Thanks 1

I cruised last year and used the Medallion app with no real issues and I was able to enter all the required pre-cruise info and so having booked a cruise for this year I thought it would be easy but how wrong was I.

I can log in and have been able to book dining reservations but I cannot access the OceanReady section.

I’ve been trying everyday for weeks now to enter details for my upcoming cruise but always get different error messages that either state ‘Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with the service’ or ‘Something went wrong please try again later’ or ‘We’re sorry our servers are having problems, please try again later’.

I have even tried accessing it at different times throughout the day but it’s now getting extremely frustrating!
Does anyone please have any suggestions?

12 hours ago, Tug10 said:

I cruised last year and used the Medallion app with no real issues and I was able to enter all the required pre-cruise info and so having booked a cruise for this year I thought it would be easy but how wrong was I.

I can log in and have been able to book dining reservations but I cannot access the OceanReady section.

I’ve been trying everyday for weeks now to enter details for my upcoming cruise but always get different error messages that either state ‘Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with the service’ or ‘Something went wrong please try again later’ or ‘We’re sorry our servers are having problems, please try again later’.

I have even tried accessing it at different times throughout the day but it’s now getting extremely frustrating!
Does anyone please have any suggestions?

If you’ve been trying for weeks, then you may have other issues, besides the weekend updates and website issues.

Make sure to clear history and cache. Try delete App and reinstall. Make sure you have updated the App.

You can also do your oceanready on the website, cruise personalizer. Once you checkin doing the website version. Give it a day or two and see if you can get back on the downloaded App.

If you’re still having issues either call in and pick the option for the App team to get ocean ready or email them.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Full name

Ship and sail date

Booking number

Device you are using

Exactly what you are doing and error responses

Let us know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I can’t sign on and I keep getting a message saying that they are having server problems.  Is anyone else getting this message?  

No problems here.  Signed into the website and the App, just now.

Try again, could have been doing updates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you’ve been trying for weeks, then you may have other issues, besides the weekend updates and website issues.

Make sure to clear history and cache. Try delete App and reinstall. Make sure you have updated the App.

You can also do your oceanready on the website, cruise personalizer. Once you checkin doing the website version. Give it a day or two and see if you can get back on the downloaded App.

If you’re still having issues either call in and pick the option for the App team to get ocean ready or email them.

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Full name

Ship and sail date

Booking number

Device you are using

Exactly what you are doing and error responses

Let us know.

Thank you for your response and we have tried the website version but suffer the same issue. It’s strange we can get into the app and can book our dining but cannot do anything else.

I will try your suggestion of clearing the history & cache etc and if no joy I will send the email.

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I can’t sign on and I keep getting a message saying that they are having server problems.  Is anyone else getting this message?  

I can sign into the Medallion app but cannot access the OceanReady section and keep getting the error message that they are having server issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just off Ruby Princess.  We had a back to back and got caught in the change over from the old Plus/Premier to the new.  It was a headache but they easily removed incorrect charges due to the issue. After seeing what the upcharge now pays for I don't this it is worth the value.  Slow getting drinks due to less waiters and wifi was very spotty.  Even made a joke about the wifi in one of the shows.  The drink prices have all increases too.  I wish more would complain because now you even have to pay $10 to get your medallion delivered.  I did the math based on our cruise and will not be buying any of the packages again! What I did find out is that the Medallion will show them where you are at all times on the cruise.  They scanned mine and told me my sister in law was in the elevator on her way to dinner.  I don't like that they can track your every movement but I must have signed off on it somewhere along the line.  I just want everyone to know they have complete access to your whereabouts.  A cocktail waittress used it to tell my hubby where I was.  Scary!!!

29 minutes ago, Tug10 said:

Thank you for your response and we have tried the website version but suffer the same issue. It’s strange we can get into the app and can book our dining but cannot do anything else.

I will try your suggestion of clearing the history & cache etc and if no joy I will send the email.

Isnt it a pain when an app that was supposed to make things easier for you and Princess instead becomes a royal pain. After looking at ‘circle wheel’ go around and around, I uninstalled then reinstalled app which at least got it to recognize my cruise was in 52 days not 9 as it said before.

I still needed to phone to have them order the free ‘complimentary’ medallions.

then and only then did I go from Blue line to green line.

what a stupid system! Bring back the old check in on line !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blyle said:

A cocktail waittress used it to tell my hubby where I was.  Scary!!!

If I could just get that tracking app to work for me when my wife goes into a department store I could save enough money for a dozen cruises! 😉

• Haha 2