Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

No need to give out a free cruise to get app feedback.

There is plenty of feedback here for free.

The problem for princess isn't actually getting feedback, it's hiring people competent enough to fix the problems.

Might be time to dump Accenture...

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps they have. How would we know?  I do know their name was not on the lanyards we were handed at check-in last Fall.

Just for jollies, I went to the Accenture website and did a search for Princess.  There were only five hits, two for a gentleman whose biography no longer mentions either Princess or Carnival, one for someone no longer listed as a current employee, and two related to the Carnival Guest Experience Case Study issued April 9, 2019.  In reading the transcript that is linked from the Case Study page, it sounded more like "this is what we did to achieve the goal" - in my opinion, mission accomplished, case closed.  It's even more final if you watch the accompanying Accenture promotional video and at 2:46 read, "accenture> The only company with the breadth and skill to ensure their vision became a REALITY."  I think there's good reason Accenture no longer appears on the lanyards.

• Like 1

Just booked a cruise for April 2024 last week and deposit is paid. The Medallion App initially shows the cruise but then when I tap "Ocean Ready" to start entering information, I get an error "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later." It's now two days "later" with no change.

I don't know if it's relevant but we have a guarantee booking. And we were first going to go two weeks later (overlaps the current booking which is for 21 nights) and that still shows on courtesy hold per the website Personalizer but does not show on the Medallion App.

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I just came out here to see if anyone else had experienced this.  I have the new Plus package on a cruise booked about a month ago.  Last night I tried to order the Medallions for this cruise and was confronted with the $10 payment screen at the end of the process.  I stopped as I wasn't sure if this was just something that always appears but then there's $0 charge actually made.  The screens before it showed the $0 charge too and the Plus package including the "Medallion Shipping" wording is shown under packages so all is well.  This cruise isn't for several months so I think I will wait for things to settle down.  But the last thing that I would do is go ahead and charge it and expect for it to be rectified onboard.

LOL - I came here for the same thing.  I went to order the medallions last night and it kept adding the $10 shipping.  So I wanted to re-verify we had the "Plus" package but by then the Princess site went down for maintenance - so I figured that was the problem and it would be fixed...silly me.  Then I checked again this morning and the $10 was still listed.  So now I have to make a decision - do I wait awhile and see if it gets fixed, go ahead and pay the $10, or cancel the cruise in protest!!! 🙂

• Like 2

Perhaps we've been lucky. 

We went on our first Medallion cruise in October 2021. Obviously we had to enter all our details.  No real issue - took around 30 seconds to scan in our passports, which was not ideal !

Subsequently all our data was  transferred to our 2022 cruise,  and also to our forth coming 2023 cruises. 

Booked MDR and speciality restaurants with no problems.

We have no complaints whatsoever! 

So, it appears that the system can work faultlessly.  What Princess need to ascertain,  is why some people have so many issues.

• Like 1

I booked with Plus and have free Medallion shipping - at least I wasn't charged anything when I ordered on the app. Of course I ordered a while back so perhaps they have manage to, once again, break something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps we've been lucky. 

We went on our first Medallion cruise in October 2021. Obviously we had to enter all our details.  No real issue - took around 30 seconds to scan in our passports, which was not ideal !

Subsequently all our data was  transferred to our 2022 cruise,  and also to our forth coming 2023 cruises. 

Booked MDR and speciality restaurants with no problems.

We have no complaints whatsoever! 

So, it appears that the system can work faultlessly.  What Princess need to ascertain,  is why some people have so many issues.

Hey wowzz....will you please book a specialty dining reservation for us and I'll be sure to pay you once onboard??? 🤪  I think Princess is really missing out with the app....customers who want to throw money at them by paying for a specialty dining reservation cannot!!  They obviously must have more money than they need. 🤔

2 hours ago, bjkTX said:

LOL - I came here for the same thing.  I went to order the medallions last night and it kept adding the $10 shipping.  So I wanted to re-verify we had the "Plus" package but by then the Princess site went down for maintenance - so I figured that was the problem and it would be fixed...silly me.  Then I checked again this morning and the $10 was still listed.  So now I have to make a decision - do I wait awhile and see if it gets fixed, go ahead and pay the $10, or cancel the cruise in protest!!! 🙂

Pick up your Medallion at the port.

9 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This raises a good point to discuss, if people are willing.....what are the pros and cons of mailing it to your home vs simply picking it up at the port. I have always had it mailed to me....but wonder what the steps are and if there are long delays picking it up at the port???

Thanks for sharing and caring! 🥰

6 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

This raises a good point to discuss, if people are willing.....what are the pros and cons of mailing it to your home vs simply picking it up at the port. I have always had it mailed to me....but wonder what the steps are and if there are long delays picking it up at the port???

You’re welcome! 

All you do is ask them for it and they will go get it and hand it over to you. I always have mine mailed to me, but if I do not have Princess Plus I will pick it up at the port because I refuse to pay $10 to have it mailed to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

To me the pro of getting it delivered to your house is you don't have to get in some line at the port.  It may be quick, or it may not be - but this is something they forced on us, gave it to us for free (shipping) now decided to charge us unless we bought a package - and now their system can't tell the difference.  On our cruise in Sep/Oct and one in Dec the medallions were shipped to us, we got to the port, walked in and never quit walking until we got to our cabin.  I realize it's not going to be a huge inconvenience having to go to a desk and getting the medallion - but it's one more inconvenience that isn't necessary.  Right now I would guess the number of people picking up the medallions at the port is small - but if they don't fix this I would guess the numbers will increase substantially - not because it's $10 - but because of the principle.

33 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes, that is always an option.  But when they advertise that shipping of the Medallion is free with the new Plus package, the app shouldn't try to charge you $10 as it is for a couple of us right now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You’re welcome! 

All you do is ask them for it and they will go get it and hand it over to you. I always have mine mailed to me, but if I do not have Princess Plus I will pick it up at the port because I refuse to pay $10 to have it mailed to me.

My last cruise was aboard the Discovery Princess - Alaska (Sept. 2022) - round trip out of Seattle. In all honestly, the Seattle cruise port was a complete fiasco, chaos, and utterly disorganized. The Uber driver wasn't allowed to take the usual route to drop us right off at the terminal and we had to wait forever for a shuttle or walk forever to get down the pier. There were NO PORTERS to assist with luggage...we had to drop our luggage at the scanning/drop off station which was mostly "self serve" getting it onto the scanner belt. It only went downhill from there. Once inside the terminal...complete disorganization and chaos. I cannot imagine anyone there capable or competent enough to simply "...go get it (medallion) and hand it over to you." The only good experience was walking on board with several bottles of wine without having to pay the extra corkage fee for the bottles over our limit. I do not believe I would ever be willing to sail out of Seattle again.

Edited by HiCCCs
type
  • Like 2

Gosh just found this topic, I have had trouble with the Medallion App from the very beginning, just doesn't seem to like me, I input all information, then after a month or two, the cruises disappears, I am on a back to back cruise 25th March 2023 Discovery Princess and the second week not even showing, but I am on the ship so not getting off 😀 We are down as Blue Lane to arrive when all details been input and can't even book internet deal , was green lane and had booked evening meal times which had all been wiped, and can't every book speciality restaurants, so yes we have saved money.

I am just glad to know it's not just me as the time it has taken to try and sort, it's a holiday not an exam and the hours I have wasted trying to talk to Princess UK  !! Sorry for rant very frustrating, but looking forward to Discovery Princess .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pines46 said:

Gosh just found this topic, I have had trouble with the Medallion App from the very beginning, just doesn't seem to like me, I input all information, then after a month or two, the cruises disappears, I am on a back to back cruise 25th March 2023 Discovery Princess and the second week not even showing, but I am on the ship so not getting off 😀 We are down as Blue Lane to arrive when all details been input and can't even book internet deal , was green lane and had booked evening meal times which had all been wiped, and can't every book speciality restaurants, so yes we have saved money.

I am just glad to know it's not just me as the time it has taken to try and sort, it's a holiday not an exam and the hours I have wasted trying to talk to Princess UK  !! Sorry for rant very frustrating, but looking forward to Discovery Princess .

I am finding the app very frustrating and I am very IT savvy. I have followed the instructions and have the app on both my iPhone and my iPad. I went to ‘check in’ and it says I am Blue Line for my cruise this coming Thursday. I appear to have done all the things I am supposed to do as well. So quite what I am missing out on doing is weird. I tried to enter additional information about my travel arrangements to Barcelona and having entered my departure date/time, when I try to enter the arrival time (just 2 hours later) it says I need to enter a date before my departure…. 🤦‍♀️ When I spoke to Princess a short while ago, they said I haven’t paid for my cruise and yet my cruise travel agents have said I have - although they’re trying to resolve the issue and believe it’s because it’s a last minute booking. I can’t book Crown Grill either except at a time when my children used to eat (5pm!) although the first person I spoke to at Princess on the phone said he’d booked me Sabatinis for 7.40pm on the first night, but it isn’t showing anywhere….. I’ve been on the phone now for about 2 hours 😩 Feeling I’ll need another holiday to get over the organisation of this one. 

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Did they change it again?  

Not sure if the bug has been there all along or if they broke something.  It's only been a month since they introduced the new packages and it's the first time I'm ordering a Medallion with the new Plus package.  But yes, the Medallion knows I have the package, shows the free Medallion shipping, yet it wants to charge me $10 to order.

IMG_0389.PNG

On 3/18/2023 at 2:42 PM, HiCCCs said:

It's a sad reality...but IF Princess would do that, we could help them really make it sing!!! 

Of course, collecting user feedback is the first step.

Applying user feedback seems to be where princess fails.

I recall a few months ago there was a thread here -- ask princess marketing a question.

(I actually think this was purchased advertising, but that is only my opinion.)

There was a thread with hundreds of questions.

At the end, someone from princess showed up, and gave a half-hearted reply to ... maybe ... a dozen questions.

Although this sounds pretty dismal, in my opinion, it is better than princess' response to feedback.

9 hours ago, pines46 said:

The Discovery Princess is my favorite!  We will be onboard too.  Enjoy your cruise!  

21 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Just booked a cruise for April 2024 last week and deposit is paid. The Medallion App initially shows the cruise but then when I tap "Ocean Ready" to start entering information, I get an error "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later." It's now two days "later" with no change.

I don't know if it's relevant but we have a guarantee booking. And we were first going to go two weeks later (overlaps the current booking which is for 21 nights) and that still shows on courtesy hold per the website Personalizer but does not show on the Medallion App.

This is the exact same issue I am having. We booked a cruise about a month ago and paid the deposit and every time we try to access the Ocean Ready section we get the same error message. 
We can access the Medallion app okay and have booked our dining reservations with no problem but just cannot get any further.

We have tried on several different phones, iPads and even tried the web version but it just won’t work.

We phoned Princess and they too couldn’t gain access and so we have had to email all the info & error messages to their IT department.

Fingers crossed they can sort it out as it appears something somewhere is not working or being recognised as it should be.

1 hour ago, Tug10 said:

This is the exact same issue I am having. We booked a cruise about a month ago and paid the deposit and every time we try to access the Ocean Ready section we get the same error message. 
We can access the Medallion app okay and have booked our dining reservations with no problem but just cannot get any further.

We have tried on several different phones, iPads and even tried the web version but it just won’t work.

We phoned Princess and they too couldn’t gain access and so we have had to email all the info & error messages to their IT department.

Fingers crossed they can sort it out as it appears something somewhere is not working or being recognised as it should be.

I can't make dining reservations either. Tapping on Dine My Way gets me "Sorry - Dine My Way is not available right now. We are currently making updates t available reservations. Please try again later." And it's been saying this for three days.

23 hours ago, david63 said:

It will only be question of time before all cruise lines will be doing something similar.

I think it will be quite a challange for other cruise lines to do a technically worse job AND be more disrespectful of their customers, than Princess.

Princess set a really low bar for these other cruise lines to limbo under...

Cue the steel drrums, and Buster Poindexter.

• Like 2