Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

20 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Never really had a problem with the app - any issues have been short lived.  But now, I cannot log in to the app, and our cruise is in 13 days.  Trying to get in and order medallions (for pick up) for my mom and daughter.  But when I try to log in, all I get is “We’re sorry, our servers are having problems.  Please try again later.”

”Later” apparently means more than three days…. 😞

Not much can be done about the IT department at Princess.  It's been going on for years.  But you don't need the medallions ahead of time.  You really don't need much ahead of time.  I did my time on the gerbil treadmill for months trying to get along with the system for a cruise last December because I didn't know about the scope of the problem with medallion.  I showed up to board with the usual docs and had no issues ... except that the SF Port guy who checked us in wrote down the wrong cabin number and it took forever to get the correct medallions ... but not Princess' fault.  

• Like 1

Several weeks ago I bookmarked all the events I was interested in attending on my cruise starting on the 19th. Today, I was on the app and my bookmarks are gone and the events are full, including the sail away. I'm livid. Any way I can just show up at the events anyway?

3 minutes ago, Patches2265 said:

Several weeks ago I bookmarked all the events I was interested in attending on my cruise starting on the 19th. Today, I was on the app and my bookmarks are gone and the events are full, including the sail away. I'm livid. Any way I can just show up at the events anyway?

The bookmarking is actually only for your use

the “event full listing” is inaccurate.

Yes, you can attend the events by simply showing up. 

Bon Voyage!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Patches2265 said:

LOL.  Yes you can.  I think this was yet another one of PCL's ideas back during Covid when a lot of the development work for the Princess Medallion App was underway.  Just go to whatever interests you and don't even think about it.  You might want to get to the main theater production shows in good time if you are picky about seat location.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Not much can be done about the IT department at Princess.  It's been going on for years.  But you don't need the medallions ahead of time.  You really don't need much ahead of time.  I did my time on the gerbil treadmill for months trying to get along with the system for a cruise last December because I didn't know about the scope of the problem with medallion.  I showed up to board with the usual docs and had no issues ... except that the SF Port guy who checked us in wrote down the wrong cabin number and it took forever to get the correct medallions ... but not Princess' fault.  

Thanks.  Not worried about it - we’ve picked up the medallions for a couple recent sailings at the port (didn’t want to hassle with paying the mailing fee and then having to request a refund one time, and forgot where I put my medallion the other).

the only issue is my daughter wanted to order a specific graphic for her medallion this time.  No way to order a specific one unless you do it ahead of time (I believe).

Finally got into the app using my booking number instead of logging in, and the ordering window for the medallions has ended.  🙁

Edited by WAvoyager

10 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Thanks.  Not worried about it - we’ve picked up the medallions for a couple recent sailings at the port (didn’t want to hassle with paying the mailing fee and then having to request a refund one time, and forgot where I put my medallion the other).

the only issue is my daughter wanted to order a specific graphic for her medallion this time.  No way to order a specific one unless you do it ahead of time (I believe).

Finally got into the app using my booking number instead of logging in, and the ordering window for the medallions has ended.  🙁

Finally got into the app using my booking number instead of logging in
I had this same problem!  It took three phone calls to get it sorted.  I haven't tested it fully, but I believe I can now access everything by logging in, as opposed to using my booking number 
A word of caution: changes I made while using the booking number did not carry over; they weren't there when I logged in. 
Good luck with this one.  :- (

• Like 1

8 hours ago, txauntiemame said:

I had this same problem!  It took three phone calls to get it sorted.  I haven't tested it fully, but I believe I can now access everything by logging in, as opposed to using my booking number 
A word of caution: changes I made while using the booking number did not carry over; they weren't there when I logged in. 

You just have to keep checking and verifying everything that's important to you, over and over ... dining reservations, shore excursions, entertainment... it's all subject to change without your input ... or just disappear.  

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, txauntiemame said:

So I'm not the only one that cannot get into MedallionClass on app or website! Not via password & it states my booking # is invalid (it's not). For some reason thats comforting 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So I'm not the only one that cannot get into MedallionClass on app or website! Not via password & it states my booking # is invalid (it's not). For some reason thats comforting 

I did get it sorted out, but it took three phone calls.  Actually, I haven't tried it this week, so I may be speaking too soon. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, killaypirate said:

Can log onto website using booking number but booking not recognised in app!

4 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

App now recognises me! But still can’t preorder included speciality dining.

Scratch that. App stuck getting travel details. My first upcoming, possibly last, Princess cruise and not impressed

1 hour ago, cimarron42 said:

Our apps have stopped working too. Must be a central IT glitch. We sail tomorrow…

Do you suppose a saboteur is afoot? Perhaps they're shutting her down completely and starting all over again hoping to get it right? 

Happy sailing!!!!  Have a glorious cruise!!!  Enjoy the peace of mind as you are clearing all the fuss at check in and being welcomed aboard. Get a drink in hand and get ready to set sail!!!   Toot-toot!!!

2 hours ago, killaypirate said:

Scratch that. App stuck getting travel details. My first upcoming, possibly last, Princess cruise and not impressed

Yup, our first and last Princess cruise was in December.  For months, trying to use medallion was beyond frustrating.  During the cruise, several very obvious things:  the buffet was a logistical disaster, our dining reservations kept getting changed, and the server in leBistro didn't know what Chardonnay was.  Final straw was no water for most of a day, no announcement or acknowledgement, much less apology..  There are many, many choices out there.  I prefer to spend my money with a cruiseline that actually is interested in me.  

1 hour ago, cimarron42 said:

Our apps have stopped working too. Must be a central IT glitch. We sail tomorrow…

Happy sailing!! At least we don't need an arrival time now!!

(apps still out for me)

1 minute ago, jsn55 said:

server in leBistro didn't know what Chardonnay was.

Huh?? 

On 8/16/2023 at 2:12 PM, Patches2265 said:

2nd cruise after restart (Dec 2021) I was told that bookmarking only indicates interest in an event -- that only broad numbers were collected in case they needed more supplies (crafts) or space (but that was when a full ship was 1000). Means absolutely nothing to them now 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

2nd cruise after restart (Dec 2021) I was told that bookmarking only indicates interest in an event -- that only broad numbers were collected in case they needed more supplies (crafts) or space (but that was when a full ship was 1000). Means absolutely nothing to them now 

"Means absolutely nothing to them now."  Priceless!!!

2 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

"Means absolutely nothing to them now."  Priceless!!!

Bookmarking actually existed before the medallion class app when everything was done in ocean concierge in 2019. But then it was just so I, the passenger, could preplan what appealed to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find it in the last few of the 229 pages of this thread.

We have two upcoming cruises and we were green lane until the recent changes and we went blue lane as we cannot have the medallions mailed to us in Australia. However we now have the little exclamation mark next to our profile photos and it appears this is because we haven't done the Medallion wearable part. The only thing is that I have done this and when I go in to check it even shows my Medallion order (just opted for the standard medallion and lanyard). I have also received the emails confirming my orders even though there was no cost. All the other parts of the check in process have been done and have the green tick next to each item.

I know it isn't important but it just bugs me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1