Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

8 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find it in the last few of the 229 pages of this thread.

We have two upcoming cruises and we were green lane until the recent changes and we went blue lane as we cannot have the medallions mailed to us in Australia. However we now have the little exclamation mark next to our profile photos and it appears this is because we haven't done the Medallion wearable part. The only thing is that I have done this and when I go in to check it even shows my Medallion order (just opted for the standard medallion and lanyard). I have also received the emails confirming my orders even though there was no cost. All the other parts of the check in process have been done and have the green tick next to each item.

I know it isn't important but it just bugs me.

We have exactly the same change in status, being UK-based they can’t mail the medallions.

56 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

We have exactly the same change in status, being UK-based they can’t mail the medallions.

56 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

We are in Canada and the exact same thing is happening to us. Does anyone know why?

15 minutes ago, Sun Queen II said:

We are in Canada and the exact same thing is happening to us. Does anyone know why?

We don't know the real reasons, but there is lots of speculation such as a psychological ploy to nudge folks into buying packages.  IDK if you are up on all the news, but Medallion shipping is coming to Canada very soon.  I expect a date announcement next Thursday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We don't know the real reasons, but there is lots of speculation such as a psychological ploy to nudge folks into buying packages.  IDK if you are up on all the news, but Medallion shipping is coming to Canada very soon.  I expect a date announcement next Thursday.

Thanks. We had already booked Premier before the recent announcements. We are sailing September 9, so assume we will still pick up medallions at port in Quebec City. 

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You always have the wisdom of the ages, Steelers36! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't find it in the last few of the 229 pages of this thread.

We have two upcoming cruises and we were green lane until the recent changes and we went blue lane as we cannot have the medallions mailed to us in Australia. However we now have the little exclamation mark next to our profile photos and it appears this is because we haven't done the Medallion wearable part. The only thing is that I have done this and when I go in to check it even shows my Medallion order (just opted for the standard medallion and lanyard). I have also received the emails confirming my orders even though there was no cost. All the other parts of the check in process have been done and have the green tick next to each item.

I know it isn't important but it just bugs me.

We are Americans but are going to Australia early before our cruise so I opted to pick them up. Didn't want any mailing hassles. Ours shows this way too--and I think it is correct as picking up medallions when embarking puts you in the blue lane.

I do wish the app would be more intuitive, but I am not holding my breath.

Ellen

• Like 2

Has anyone had experience where the medallion shows different cabins than the website?

I’m doing a b2b and booked a guarantee balcony on the 1st cruise and a guarantee i/s on the 2nd. The website shows my assigned balcony # and assigned i/s #. The app shows one combined cruise now (I’ve had it do this before for a b2b), not 2 separate, and shows the assigned i/s cabin for the combined cruise. I’m assuming this is a hiccup but it’s been this way for a few days and hasn’t sorted itself out. I guess if it’s showing one 9 night cruise on the app, vs a 7 + 2 it would be impossible to show 2 different cabins. 

I’m inclined to leave it in the hopes it’ll sort itself, but it would be a drag/ comedy/ frustration/ interesting experience, to show up and have the i/s be my cabin for both sailings! Less than a month til sail away! 

3 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Has anyone had experience where the medallion shows different cabins than the website?

I’m doing a b2b and booked a guarantee balcony on the 1st cruise and a guarantee i/s on the 2nd. The website shows my assigned balcony # and assigned i/s #. The app shows one combined cruise now (I’ve had it do this before for a b2b), not 2 separate, and shows the assigned i/s cabin for the combined cruise. I’m assuming this is a hiccup but it’s been this way for a few days and hasn’t sorted itself out. I guess if it’s showing one 9 night cruise on the app, vs a 7 + 2 it would be impossible to show 2 different cabins. 

I’m inclined to leave it in the hopes it’ll sort itself, but it would be a drag/ comedy/ frustration/ interesting experience, to show up and have the i/s be my cabin for both sailings! Less than a month til sail away! 

Login to Cruise Personalizer for the first voyage Booking Number with Name and Birthdate.  Access the Travel Summary.  Download the PDF and put a copy on your smartphone.  Print the TS as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Login to Cruise Personalizer for the first voyage Booking Number with Name and Birthdate.  Access the Travel Summary.  Download the PDF and put a copy on your smartphone.  Print the TS as well.

Yes, thanks, done that. Lots are getting upgrades for under capacity sailing #2 so was hopeful this meant something was changing, but so far nothing.

• Like 1

Is anyone having issues ordering medallions in the US? Had to change the credit card we used to order the medallions because we got a new one, but now it won't take our order. Have tried both the app and the web -based applications.

15 hours ago, killaypirate said:

It's not just the change in lane status, it's the fact that the App is now showing I haven't selected my medallion wearable which I have done and have the confirmation emails of my order....which shows a cost of $0.00 which is because I just ordered the standard medallion and lanyard. I already have the wrist band from previous medallion cruises.

5 hours ago, txauntiemame said:

How can you tell how full the ship is?  I occasionally see people saying their ship is at XX% capacity, before they sail. 

This doesn't have much to do with the Medallion app, but I'll try to answer anyway.

Sometimes people ask Guest Services about how many people or what % of capacity the ship is sailing at.  Sometimes it's volunteered by the Captain, Guest Services, or the entertainment staff.  And sometimes it's given for the following sailing.  These numbers, IMHO, were far more interesting and relevant while the pandemic was still raging.  Most sailings these days on mainstream cruise lines are sailing at 100% of capacity or more.

Also, sometimes (especially on charters) there's an announcement that there's a sellout.  That means 100% occupancy, and usually significantly higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Yes, thanks, done that. Lots are getting upgrades for under capacity sailing #2 so was hopeful this meant something was changing, but so far nothing.

The App was not well programmed to handle various B2B scenarios.  That was obvious to me from the original launch.  Although better, I am not sure they have it right yet.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Is anyone having issues ordering medallions in the US? Had to change the credit card we used to order the medallions because we got a new one, but now it won't take our order. Have tried both the app and the web -based applications.

Yes, tons of CC members are posting this issue for the past week approx.  It is likely the IT team attempting to implement new changes and caused bad side effects.  It doesn't seem like it would be a deliberate block.  Princess never really admits a bug in a notice to guests, but I gather they are aware of this by now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, txauntiemame said:

How can you tell how full the ship is?  I occasionally see people saying their ship is at XX% capacity, before they sail. 

You can generally find out once on board, or a sales agent might tell you there are very few cabins left if asking shortly before a trip.  Otherwise, I am sure it is confidential info as they wouldn't want competition to be able to know what sales are like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, Firefly74 said:

We are Americans but are going to Australia early before our cruise so I opted to pick them up. Didn't want any mailing hassles. Ours shows this way too--and I think it is correct as picking up medallions when embarking puts you in the blue lane.

I do wish the app would be more intuitive, but I am not holding my breath.

Ellen

Me, too!  I have an Australian Sea-cation coming up in October. I'm blue-laned because I'm picking up my medallion at the port. I don't care what color my lane is....as long as I am getting on that ship and sailing away!!! Counting the days until October 21st!!!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 7:41 PM, IndyKid said:

Yes. I ordered the free version,  and was trying to see the cost to ship pre-cruise. Instead, I got a message that it was too close to sail date and I have to pick up in the blue lane. Our cruise is in 100 days 🤣!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:59 AM, Ombud said:

So I'm not the only one that cannot get into MedallionClass on app or website! Not via password & it states my booking # is invalid (it's not). For some reason thats comforting 

Yes I too have had issues with app including even trying to get off App Store.

no issues with other cruise lines just Princess.

only website works for me not app.

I will bring my paper copy of invoice as proof of payment 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 5:02 PM, Thrak said:

I didn't enter a card for my wife separately. I did all the setup on my phone. I entered my credit card number and then checked the box for her to be an authorized user. That's it. I think people keep trying to do separate setups and the system doesn't like having the card entered twice.

Last cruise I did not see the opportunity to add DW as a user. Could not get it to work so went to GS on first day. On the cruise before that I had set credit card up for both of us, but got a call mid-voyage that DW did not have a card on file.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, donswife said:

Yes. I ordered the free version,  and was trying to see the cost to ship pre-cruise. Instead, I got a message that it was too close to sail date and I have to pick up in the blue lane. Our cruise is in 100 days 🤣!

Screenshot_20230821_112534_Princess.thumb.jpg.d673c70dbcf217c11eb78245cec06e7d.jpg

Same here.  I'm just trying to place an order for the free medallions and lanyards but when I enter an address I get the above notice and I have tried for days and days.  This app is simply a mess!

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Last cruise I did not see the opportunity to add DW as a user. Could not get it to work so went to GS on first day. On the cruise before that I had set credit card up for both of us, but got a call mid-voyage that DW did not have a card on file.

When I added my credit card there was a box to check for authorization of travel companion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, topconker said:

Sorry if this has been here before but I'm looking to use the Medallion app on my PC and I'm sure someone has posted a link to it, can anyone help?

Personal Information - Login (ocean.com)                                                             This is not the total app but an alternative way to enter your pre cruise information (Ocean Ready).

Edited by gmcwalker
  • Like 1