Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

No big deal this happens all the time and gets corrected prior to sailing. I grab a screenshot of my travel summary every cruise but have never needed to use it. As soon as I get on board I check and yep plus package is there

Well it's the first time it's happened to me since they added the Package feature to the app and it disappeared after the last update so I figured I would report it here.  But it's a minor annoyance as long as the package is shown in my documents.  And the Medallions are already on their way at no charge so it's just something we may need to fix when we are onboard.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Well it's the first time it's happened to me since they added the Package feature to the app and it happened after the last update so I figured I would report it here.  But it's a minor annoyance as long as the package is shown in my documents.  And the Medallions are already on their way at no charge so it's just something we may need to fix when we are onboard.

I have 7 cruises booked and all with plus package and none show on the app right now. The travel summary is really all you will need

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, memoak said:

I have 7 cruises booked and all with plus package and none show on the app right now. The travel summary is really all you will need

If any of those seven booked cruises get to be too much, I can take a couple off your hands. That's just the kind of guy I am...always willing to lend a helping hand! Toot-Toot!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Well it's the first time it's happened to me since they added the Package feature to the app and it disappeared after the last update so I figured I would report it here.  But it's a minor annoyance as long as the package is shown in my documents.  And the Medallions are already on their way at no charge so it's just something we may need to fix when we are onboard.

Mine is gone as well!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyKid said:

One of the YT cruise channels I follow stated today that there is a new app coming December 1st that will replace the current app, which will sunset on January 31st. We'll see how good it works...

I hope a new app will not lead to another 241 pages of issues ! Fingers crossed, cheers, Buzz.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, IndyKid said:

One of the YT cruise channels I follow stated today that there is a new app coming December 1st that will replace the current app, which will sunset on January 31st. We'll see how good it works...

Not good timing with the February 8th Sun Princess Inaugural cruise. 

Ocean Medallion App Please advise if this is correct.

I selected a basic cruise plan because we don't drink alcoholic drinks.  I do use room service at least once a day not including breakfast.  

I was told from my Princess Rep. to use the Ocean Medallion App. and pay the one time 14.99 fee, then order room service on the app and they don't charge the $5.00 delivery fee.

If paying a $5.00 delivery fee do you still tip the delivery person?

Thanks for any insight...

framer

Edited by framer
correction
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, framer said:

Ocean Medallion App Please advise if this is correct.

I selected a basic cruise plan because we don't drink alcoholic drinks.  I do use room service at least once a day not including breakfast.  

I was told from my Princess Rep. to use the Ocean Medallion App. and pay the one time 14.99 fee, then order room service on the app and they don't charge the $5.00 delivery fee.

If paying a $5.00 delivery fee do you still tip the delivery person?

Thanks for any insight...

framer

Yes, your info is correct.  The $5 RS fee is for phoned in orders.  I wouldn't fee the need to tip anything extra because Princess builds a tip into the service charges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:02 AM, azbirdmom said:

Sorry for my dumb question. Where in the App does (or did) show what Package you had. When I click on the "Payment Methods and Packages" heading it just took to a page with a link to the Personalizer, where it showed what package I had purchased. I'd not previously seen it on the App.

4 hours ago, leck57 said:

Sorry for my dumb question. Where in the App does (or did) show what Package you had. When I click on the "Payment Methods and Packages" heading it just took to a page with a link to the Personalizer, where it showed what package I had purchased. I'd not previously seen it on the App.

That's where it was.  When I clicked on Packages it used to list the more popular features of the package that I purchased.  Now it just states "You currently do not have any packages.  To learn more visit Guest Services or Visit (link to Cruise Personalizer)".  It's been there and functioning for a while, at least for some of us.  That's also where you see the counter of how many drinks you've had once you're onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just checked this morning, the app doesn't show that we have a package, we do have the Premier and it had been showing up until now. But the cruise personalizer still shows that we have it. Just chalk it up to this wonky, glitchy app. We'll just make sure to print copies of our cruise summary and have it with us when we board.

Edited by IndyKid
Typo
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

I just checked this morning, the app doesn't show that we have a package, we do have the Premier and it had been showing up until now. But the cruise personalizer still shows that we have it. Just chalk it up to this wonky, glitchy app. We'll just make sure to print copies of our cruise summary and have it with us when we board.

That's correct...glitchy app. Once you're onboard it all works like it should and your proper package will show up.

Guest Michael4650
1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

This has happened to me before so I just grab a screenshot of the travel summary but in reality once on board the plus package showed up like it should

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

That's where it was.  When I clicked on Packages it used to list the more popular features of the package that I purchased.  Now it just states "You currently do not have any packages.  To learn more visit Guest Services or Visit (link to Cruise Personalizer)".  It's been there and functioning for a while, at least for some of us.  That's also where you see the counter of how many drinks you've had once you're onboard.

OK, thanks for replying. It's still there for me.

• Like 2

Yes, a tearful goodbye to the app UNLESS theyre still using the same developers to write the new one!  Besides this thread on Cruise Critic, have you ever read the reviews in the App Store?  I feel bad about my negativity but the consensus there is that Princess Medallion App is the worst app in ANY category, not just travel.  Good riddance and fingers crossed for the new version.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No, but I would love to do it.  I have a lot of experience testing IT applications and if it can be broken, I will find it.

After the long months (years) of hearing, "well, it's not supposed to work that way" when I've shown my glitches to the various Ocean Navigators, I figure I'm about due to be the one telling them that! 😆

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kamelia said:

After the long months (years) of hearing, "well, it's not supposed to work that way" when I've shown my glitches to the various Ocean Navigators, I figure I'm about due to be the one telling them that! 😆

You BOTH get my vote!!! And that's how it's done here in Chicago!!!

• Thanks 1

One last question/suggestion: Why does every entity HAVE to have an app?  Why not just a link to the website where, using the browser on our phone, we could request reservations, make payments etc. The app is just a "middleman" to Princess website and data anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Celcius said:

One last question/suggestion: Why does every entity HAVE to have an app?  Why not just a link to the website where, using the browser on our phone, we could request reservations, make payments etc. The app is just a "middleman" to Princess website and data anyway. 

image.jpeg.7e6af976b7a45cb96a651fbeacfbf4f8.jpeg

Relevancy, my dear! One MUST HAVE an app in the 21st century to be relevant. Thus, I long for the good old days when we were app free...and far more relevant then than we'll ever be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1