Beverage Package Price Increase?

There are no "sales" they're simply price adjustments. The prices are determined by the revenue department dynamic pricing algorithm. The challange is to monitor RCL's Cruise Planner pricing frequently. Prices may go up one day and down the next, and sometimes more than once in a single day. It's really up to you to determine your comfort level and what you're willing to pay.

Edited by footzz
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Big_G said:

It was a sale. There's a 4th of July sale right now and it's back down to $58.

Yea I noticed last night... If i pull it up on my cell phone it clearly shows a sale price and July 4 and all that, but on my computer it says nothing about a sale and it looks like its a regular price

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m new to Royal Caribbean, and I saw this topic so I went to check. My December cruise lists the package at $53.  Should I bite? 

I would take it at $53.  If it goes lower (possibly on Black Friday), you can cancel and repurchase and the lower price.  

Where/when are you going in December?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m new to Royal Caribbean, and I saw this topic so I went to check. My December cruise lists the package at $53.  Should I bite? 

I would. Given their current financial situation I can only see it going up. I would book at that price. You could see a promotion around Thanksgiving in which case you could cancel and purchase at the lower price. I can't see it going lower than $49.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Peak city said:

I would take it at $53.  If it goes lower (possibly on Black Friday), you can cancel and repurchase and the lower price.  

Where/when are you going in December?

December 2nd, Brilliance. I’m imposing on my nieces’ quickie getaway to try out RC. I’ve only sailed with Celebrity so I’m going outside my comfort zone. I’ve also never sailed from Tampa. 

9 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

December 2nd, Brilliance. I’m imposing on my nieces’ quickie getaway to try out RC. I’ve only sailed with Celebrity so I’m going outside my comfort zone. I’ve also never sailed from Tampa. 

Enjoy!  We're on December 4th Jewel out of Miami.  

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:32 PM, thebutlerdidit said:

Yep at $53 you bite. If you catch it lower you cancel and rebook. I think $53 is as low as it goes on a lot of sailings though.

Agreed, prices appear to be rising, at least on my sailing.

I'm on Oasis the week of Thanksgiving. The first part of this year and all last year, the "sale" price was always $50. During the "sales" the past few months, the lowest the package has been is $58. 

Shame on me for not buying it at $50. I know better. I was doubtful we'd actually sail, so I procrastinated. No one's fault but my own. Fortunately, an extra $8 a day isn't going to break the bank.

We'll see if it drops back down to $50, but I'm not hopeful since it appears the demand is clearly there, so no reason for them to drop it back down to what it was.

Edited by CruisingNole

On 7/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Floater4life said:

I can't ask her to pay $60 a day for a glass of wine at dinner.  

You need to call customer services, my friend drinks her husband does not. They can make exceptions.

• Like 1

If you need a laugh, the price for the Ultimate Beverage package on the Anthem 4 nights leaving Southampton tomorrow is £79.80 ($110) per night per person. That must be close to a record. I know there are no ports, but come on. My wife doesn't drink much more than a glass of wine with dinner so even a reasonable package price doesn't make sense for us. At least they allow one person in a room to buy a soda or alcohol free package. 

• Haha 1

Reading all of this mishegoss reminds me of why I haven’t sailed with Royal in the last few years, which is sad because they build beautiful ships that have fantastic entertainment and wonderful staff.  Until Royal go back to a reasonable per/day price that does not fluctuate every time the wind gusts, or come out with a bundled pricing model like other lines, I will most likely not be sailing with them again. I like to be able to look at all of my expected onboard costs BEFORE putting down a deposit on a cruise and don’t like the “buy it now it’s on sale” shell games and uncertainty that come with booking with Royal. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Reading all of this mishegoss reminds me of why I haven’t sailed with Royal in the last few years, which is sad because they build beautiful ships that have fantastic entertainment and wonderful staff.  Until Royal go back to a reasonable per/day price that does not fluctuate every time the wind gusts, or come out with a bundled pricing model like other lines, I will most likely not be sailing with them again. I like to be able to look at all of my expected onboard costs BEFORE putting down a deposit on a cruise and don’t like the “buy it now it’s on sale” shell games and uncertainty that come with booking with Royal. 

Especially when, as on my current Cruise Planner, the "Sale" banner is accompanied with the same exact prices they all were last week for every single item. It's almost insulting how stupid they must think we are. 

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That's what I've found out on our first Royal cruise booking. Having already looked at the super high drink package price, then getting the message saying 'Congratulations, you have unlocked amazing discounts' only to find the pricing hadn't changed. We did book one alcohol free package which has increased by about 20% a few days before sailing. I'm no fan of demand based pricing algorithms, I'd rather know the price and pay if I think it is value for money then forget about it, not try to second guess what the price might be. 

I know this is off topic, but it does concern the 'Cruise Planner'. Here's a screen shot of the Unlimited Dining Package(s) in my cruise planner on an upcoming booking. In the description, they're both identical, but the prices sure aren't. Maybe 'AI' isn't so intellegent after all. Any suggestion on which one I should choose?

dining.jpg

Edited by footzz
  • Like 2