Connections Parties Suspended until 2022

Justprettynpink

Just yesterday I registered for the Connections party for our Oct. 2022 TA and received the usual reply email from Celebrity telling me how many folks are already registered, and that we need 25 at least for the party to be a go.  Clearly I was able to do that just before they changed their web site.

I'm not surprised they have suspended these right now.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Just yesterday I registered for the Connections party for our Oct. 2022 TA and received the usual reply email from Celebrity telling me how many folks are already registered, and that we need 25 at least for the party to be a go.  Clearly I was able to do that just before they changed their web site.

I'm not surprised they have suspended these right now.  

Your trip is in '22. Currently the Connection  Parties are only suspended for  '21.

20 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

This is not surprising, but thank you for the heads up.  The Connections registration page must have been updated within the past 1-2 days.

I have been checking daily...my last check was this morning and registration was still open for July 25, 2021...then it changed after that....

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

Your trip is in '22. Currently the Connection  Parties are only suspended for  '21.

Yes, thanks, I'm well aware of that. 🙂  I was merely remarking on the irony of having been able to register on the day before X shut down the registration page. 

56 minutes ago, Justprettynpink said:

A time for Roll Calls to get together...Celebrity provides light snacks and officers usually drop in...

They also take care of the RSVPs and (usually but not always) have an invitation in your stateroom on embarkation day.

Not surprised at all.  I couldn’t imagine these would continue, particularly with limited capacity, contract tracing and the potential liability to the cruise line should someone get ill after attending one of these.  We stopped going a few years ago as we found the Roll Call sail always much more relaxed and people mingled more.

Thanks for the responses.  I had seen the reference to the Connections Roll Call when I went to the Roll Call for my upcoming cruise, but I didn't know what it was about.  It sounds like another Meet and Greet, and I don't do Meet and Greets or Captain's Club parties or many of the organized "fun" events.  [I did win a men's sexy leg contest once on a Carnival ship, but I participated only because I was sitting by the pool reading a book when they were calling for participants poolside.]

I've participated in some Roll Calls.  I even did a "slot pull" (or whatever it was called) once that was organized through the Roll Call, but it was so slow and was not at all exciting for me -- once was enough!  And it was so much work for the poor lady who organized it, I felt sorry for her.  But I know she was having a great time, so to each his/her own!!

Anyway, I now know what a Connection is!  Thanks again.