Money for FCC?

I read an article recently that NCL was offering a refund for FCC if the FCC was used to book a  cruise  under the Peace of Mind plan and then that cruise was cancelled by the cruise line.  We had a similar situation with RCL.  I really have no interest in taking a cruise for a VERY long time and my FCC expires in March.  Has RCL changed its policy at all or any talk of following in NCL's footsteps?  Any chance I can get a refund or at least an extension on my FCC expiration?  Thanks!

Just now, travelinmoma said:

Any chance I can get a refund or at least an extension on my FCC expiration? 

Yes, apply it some sailing, make final payment and when close to the sailing claim you are unvaccinated and request a refund. 

• Like 2

O

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, apply it some sailing, make final payment and when close to the sailing claim you are unvaccinated and request a refund. 

Or, you cannot abide by their protocols for that specific cruise.

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wait until they announce the protocols for your cruise and then tell them you don't like them and you will get a refund

Yes...but for the OP there may not be any protocols in place by a March cruise...Hoping not as I have a B2B then....but if so I'll have no problem abiding by them.

Usually a refund is to the form of payment used.  If you booked with a non refundable FCC, then they would just reinstate the FCC.   But things are constantly changing so best to keep checking directly with the cruise line.  

12 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

A refund of the FCC too? Can you share a link to where this is posted? TIA...

During a TA webinar they were told that it includes your FCC 

Vaccination Guidelines

For sailings departing in August 2021 from Florida, we strongly recommend all guests 12 and older be fully vaccinated. To be considered fully vaccinated, the final dose of the vaccine must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.

At check-in, guests will be asked to provide documentation of their vaccination, such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. Those who are 12 and older and do not have or are unable to provide documentation will be considered unvaccinated.

Our unvaccinated guests must undergo additional COVID-19 testing at their own expense, provide proof of a valid insurance policy with sufficient medical coverage for needs related to a positive COVID-19 test result, and follow the health protocols described below, which are based on guidance from the CDC.

If you do not wish to undergo or pay for additional testing, or adhere to these health and safety protocols, we are happy to provide you with a refund. We believe that in the coming months, restrictions and requirements will be more accommodating as public health circumstances evolve.

All crew onboard our ships will be fully vaccinated.

Edited by molly361

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It was announced during a TA webinar- Don't know if it's on the website anywhere  

At a webinar with travel agents on Wednesday, Royal Caribbean International Assistant Vice President of Guest Experience, Aurora Yera-Rodriguez, told travel agents guests can get a refund for their FCC on sailings where protocols have been announced.

The question came up if a guest was adamant that they will not get vaccinated and has a FCC, will Royal Caribbean offer a full refund.Ms. Yera-Rodriguez responded that Royal Caribbean will indeed offer a refund for both money paid on the reservation and money owed in most FCCs.

Thanks...If it's "most FCC's" as noted above that gives RCI a lot of discretion as to whether they will or won't refund the FCC. 

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks...If it's "most FCC's" as noted above that gives RCI a lot of discretion as to whether they will or won't refund the FCC. 

I edited my post  I found it on the website.  They won't issue refunds for FCC's used that were issued for goodwill such as issues you may have had on a prior sailing 

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

Usually a refund is to the form of payment used.  If you booked with a non refundable FCC, then they would just reinstate the FCC.   But things are constantly changing so best to keep checking directly with the cruise line.  

See post 8, they have already changed

25 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

So if I wanted the money back on my FCC I just book a cruise with it and then say I’m not happy with the protocols and I’ll get a refund

Based on what Bayley said about a couple of weeks ago and the recent webinar that Molly referred to the answer is yes.  

To Molly, I've read and followed so many threads regarding Covid and remember there was a link or announcement that specifically mentioned refunds for FCCs.