Buying drinks using medallion app

davemorton

9 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

That is what I get and I bought their package with the wifi, internet, drink package etc. I do not like this DANG APP..........or maybe it is the people that created said app............lol

Sooo... If you already have the beverage package what is your issue? There is no "managing" to do. Board the ship, order drinks, enjoy. It's really very simple. I don't know why so many people are freaking out about using the app on the ship. You don't need to use it at all. You can show up at the port and they will assist you with getting checked in. You can stick your phone or device in the safe and never pull it out and still have a "regular" cruise just like you had before. Your medallion is the same as your cruise card.

• Like 2

Just now, Thrak said:

Sooo... If you already have the beverage package what is your issue? There is no "managing" to do. Board the ship, order drinks, enjoy. It's really very simple. I don't know why so many people are freaking out about using the app on the ship. You don't need to use it at all. You can show up at the port and they will assist you with getting checked in. You can stick your phone or device in the safe and never pull it out and still have a "regular" cruise just like you had before. Your medallion is the same as your cruise card.

And they know I have the drink package exactly how if it not on the app??????????

7 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

And they know I have the drink package exactly how if it not on the app??????????

It is on the medallion or cruise card just like it always was.  The app has nothing to do with walking up to a bar and ordering a drink

4 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

It's in your onboard profile. EVERY bartender and server can see that you have the package. The app has nothing to do with it. I've had the package comped in the past. There was no stupid app. Everybody knew I had the package. The app has absolutely nothing to do with having the beverage package. Toss your phone in the safe. Walk up to a bartender and order a drink. Done. They can see you have the package. If you ask they can tell you how many drinks you have had that day. It's all in their system.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's in your onboard profile. EVERY bartender and server can see that you have the package. The app has nothing to do with it. I've had the package comped in the past. There was no stupid app. Everybody knew I had the package. The app has absolutely nothing to do with having the beverage package. Toss your phone in the safe. Walk up to a bartender and order a drink. Done. They can see you have the package. If you ask they can tell you how many drinks you have had that day. It's all in their system.

thank you

Also, if you feel like you need to prove you purchased the plus package it shows up in your cruise personalizer under onboard services and is also on your travel summary that you can print out.  I also have been on a medallion cruise and agree that there is no problem with anyone recognizing that you have the package just by being near your medallion.  It will show up on their tablets along with your name and photo.  The app is totally unnecessary on board!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:33 PM, wowzz said:

Exactly. 

My wife and I both  have the PP drinks deal. In our cabin, I order a beer. I cannot order a glass  of wine for my wife - she has to  order separately via her own device, so you have two waiters delivering two drinks,  to the same cabin,  60 seconds apart!  

Sheer nincompoopery! 

Okay - I think you answered my questions but I just want to clarify. I haven't cruised for several years. Before Princess Plus package it was just the drink packages. And my understanding back then was the drink package could not be used for room service. But now with the Medallion Oceans app, the PP pkg is loaded to our accounts so it doesn't matter where we order from - even if it is in our cabin, we get the benefit of PP beverages without additional costs? Am I correct on this? Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shythom said:

Okay - I think you answered my questions but I just want to clarify. I haven't cruised for several years. Before Princess Plus package it was just the drink packages. And my understanding back then was the drink package could not be used for room service. But now with the Medallion Oceans app, the PP pkg is loaded to our accounts so it doesn't matter where we order from - even if it is in our cabin, we get the benefit of PP beverages without additional costs? Am I correct on this? Thank you.

Correct

• Like 2

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Correct

Thank you!

My confusion is that it states online, Princess drink packages do not count towards room service. But I guess they mean traditional room service (like ordering from the phone) vs. using the app.

2 hours ago, shythom said:

Thank you!

My confusion is that it states online, Princess drink packages do not count towards room service. But I guess they mean traditional room service (like ordering from the phone) vs. using the app.

That wording is pre-medallion. However, some have posted that now with the package they could call instead of using the app and still have the beverage delivered to the cabin at no charge.

• Like 1

To some extent, Princess may have created a feature that may cause problems.

On the existing cruises which are at a greatly reduced capacity, sometimes the beverages and/or food ordered via the app is delivered in a timely manner and sometimes it takes a while.

Once cruises again are at full capacity, the demand for deliveries may exceed the ability of the staff to make them in a timely manner. I do not think Princess has added any staff to make the many deliveries that were not a part of the pre-Medallion experience.

• 6 months later...
On 7/4/2021 at 6:06 AM, foodcruiser said:

and what if you only have one phone for the two of you?

We have the same problem.  My husband will not use a cell phone.  I think I can order my drink then sign out.  Sign in as my husband and order his drink.  It really is not a good design but maybe they will fix it if enough people complain.