When is the boarding time available for selection?

tillys mom

There is no reason for Princess not to publish an official policy.  Also, they need to have a window for Elites and Suites ahead of general release.  Then Platinum.  Then general.  At least 1 day, then 1 day, then general.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you- that gives me an idea of when to look. I’ll probably just look every day since Princess hasn’t gotten their ducks in a row yet. I agree, if Priority Boarding is a perk, then they need to let Elite/Suite/Platinum go first. And some sort of communication would be nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am questioning the wisdom of this app especially the arrival/departure group selection and the dine my way   It it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind  we turned elite with our last cruise in 2019  we were able to select arrival group for aug 22 majestic cruise around 2 months out  our flight arrives at 9 am so we got early arrival group   We r club class so no need to select dine my way time   All is good so far but my point is we have not had problems with boarding the ship or dining when we want (with short wait)  why is princess putting everyone thru this?    The app works sometimes and sometimes not   It is frustrating

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, beaglesandducks said:

I am questioning the wisdom of this app especially the arrival/departure group selection and the dine my way   It it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind  we turned elite with our last cruise in 2019  we were able to select arrival group for Aug 22 majestic cruise around 2 months out  our flight arrives at 9 am so we got early arrival group   We r club class so no need to select dine my way time   All is good so far but my point is we have not had problems with boarding the ship or dining when we want (with short wait)  why is Princess putting everyone thru this?    The app works sometimes and sometimes not   It is frustrating

Most of us do not have Club Class dining.

Yes, the buggy app is frustrating.  Also frustrating is bad data conversion and withholding table inventory and not communicating what they are REALLY doing with the dining situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I cannot select either group for a Majestic Aug 1st sailing.  Less than 30 days out!

We are booked after you in August and we were able to get our Arrival Group already.  Be sure that you have the latest update.  You might want to try both of your phones to see if one can get into the groups despite the other not being able to.  If all else fails, I would consider calling Princess IT department for help.  Some have had to resort to that.

6 hours ago, beaglesandducks said:

I am questioning the wisdom of this app especially the arrival/departure group selection and the dine my way   It it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind  we turned elite with our last cruise in 2019  we were able to select arrival group for aug 22 majestic cruise around 2 months out  our flight arrives at 9 am so we got early arrival group   We r club class so no need to select dine my way time   All is good so far but my point is we have not had problems with boarding the ship or dining when we want (with short wait)  why is princess putting everyone thru this?    The app works sometimes and sometimes not   It is frustrating

The boarding time feature is basically how Princess chose to deal with the CDC restrictions on social distancing during the check-in process.

Unlike in the past when boarding times were essentially a suggestion, Princess must really limit how many are at the terminal at a time due to the pandemic.

We can only hope that when the pandemic becomes a distant memory, Princess will cease to have strict boarding time rules.

10 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Here in U.K. boarding choice is still not available for our Regal Princess 31st July  from Southampton 3 nighter and we’re 27 days before sailing!

Unable to select a time for our mid August UK cruise either. Have you had your cabin assigned yet? 

Alpha whiskey, no we haven’t had our cabin assigned yet either. I am currently on hold waiting for Princess to answer the phone for the last 20 minutes, I’ll hang up once I’ve finished my coffee!  Trying to get through to them is a nightmare, I try and try but end up giving up, if I get any news I’ll post info. 

Following on, I’ve spoken to a lovely lady called Beth who checked my booking and could now advise me that we will be leaving from Ocean Terminal on 31st July and boarding will commence at 12.30 pm. They are still working on getting the app available so that we can book our slot for boarding, she also confirmed that as we are Platinum we will get priority. As for cabins, they are still working on them.  Just keep trying over the next few days and hopefully they will show up , Beth also says that they are having a team meeting later today to update them on what is happening and she will certainly raise these questions. Get our cruise sorted then hopefully it will be all systems go for the August ones here in UK. All we need now is Boris to update us later with all the good news!

I was able to choose a group around 3 weeks ago for our November Sky Princess cruise. Not being familiar with Princess procedures I’m not sure if that is an interim group and it will be reassigned nearer the date of sailing. 

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

I was able to choose a group around 3 weeks ago for our November Sky Princess cruise. Not being familiar with Princess procedures I’m not sure if that is an interim group and it will be reassigned nearer the date of sailing. 

Very interesting, as we're on the Nov 20 sailing on the Sky. We're one of the very few for whom the app has worked "normally" since it came out, and as a lowly Platinum, I am definitely not able to select our boarding times as at yesterday, and I do check daily. Any chance it's related to your status? Elite, staying in a suite etc? From what I've seen here on CC, it appears that the slots open up around 60-70 days out, but yours is a fortunate exception.

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are booked on the Sky October 22nd cruise, and, as of today, cannot select our boarding time.

No status. This is only our 2nd Princess cruise and we are not in a suite. 
Medallion app hasn’t worked perfectly for us however, as speciality dining booked and paid for is not showing on the app. Booked 3, only 2 showing. 

Edited by sandancer

We sail Oct 4th.  No boarding time slots available yet. Message said try again closer to your departure date. I will wait until final payment on 21 Jul to try again.  Not an issue.  If I get 4:30pm boarding time so be it.  Oh wait.  We sail at 4pm; so that boarding time won't work. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sandancer said:

No status. This is only our 2nd Princess cruise and we are not in a suite. 
Medallion app hasn’t worked perfectly for us however, as speciality dining booked and paid for is not showing on the app. Booked 3, only 2 showing. 

I can't make any dining reservations whatsoever,  for our October cruise. Not bothered, as we will decide each night what we will do, but thought I would experiment.

• Like 1