Dinner Reservations

ronrick1943

Sorry but another quick  question.  I understand that before the cruise you make dinner reservations for La Dame and Seishin.  However the brochure also states that dinner reservations are needed for The Grill and Silver Note, for these restaurants do you make the reservations before the cruise or after you board the ship?

Some say book La Dame as soon as you book the cruise, can you or is it 120 days before sail date?

Edited by ronrick1943

Hi🙂...dinner reservations are that 120 point.  And normally, I think most folks make reservations ahead of time but in these times? Example, the newest Moon sailings are not sailing at capacity so it will probably easier to book after you board the ship.  But yes, you can make reservations for all the ones you mentioned before you sail.

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi🙂...dinner reservations are that 120 point.  And normally, I think most folks make reservations ahead of time but in these times? Example, the newest Moon sailings are not sailing at capacity so it will probably easier to book after you board the ship.  But yes, you can make reservations for all the ones you mentioned before you sail.

Thank you,

My 2 cents which is all that is worth is that I hate the grill.  I have done it about 3 times.  One night it was very cool, we were in very rough seas that the water from the pool was rolling about 5 or 6 feet into the air. It was like a floor show.  Otherwise, even thought the waiters will do this for you if asked, why should I work, grilling my own food, it can be a nuisance, and the food is better in almost every venue.  If its the kind of night where you really want to eat outside, make a reservation at La Terrazza, the tables at the stern are open air.  cheers,

5 minutes ago, chrism23 said:

Otherwise, even thought the waiters will do this for you if asked, why should I work, grilling my own food, it can be a nuisance, and the food is better in almost every venue. 

It is not required that one grill one's own food.

The novelty of grilling my own food has long since worn off for me, and (unless I am dining with others who like the Hot Rocks concept) I routinely ask that the protein be grilled in the galley.  This request has always been cheerfully honored, and I receive my entree already cooked to the requested doneness.  

Observer, me too.........I cooked once or twice but after that, I let them cook it for me. I don't hate it at all........strong word for a restaurant.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have always enjoyed the food......I love a good steak😃

• Like 1

Observer, you are very funny, put truthful- and I agree 100%, if I want to grill myself I’d stay at home, not pay 1000’s of dollars😂I’m not being a snob but I prefer service when dining.  That said I do enjoy a nice buffet, but I want quality and freshness - not quantity.

3 hours ago, Observer said:

The novelty of grilling my own food has long since worn off for me,

I have no interest in this form of dining.  But, in my area, it is becoming "a new dining concept" with our daily paper's dining columnist giving our first restaurant a rave review after 3 or 4 visits.  An interesting question, she wrote, was asked by her husband during one visit:  how many people are get burned by using such a hot stone for the grilling?  (She did not answer that question.)  

Silversea takes appropriate precautions and offers (simple) instructions to guests about grilling.  The hot rocks/food are delivered on a rolling cart.  The server is not carrying them on a tray, in danger of falling on some innocent guest if the ship is rocking.  Presumably, most Silversea guests understand that they should not be putting their hands (or arms, legs, etc.) on super hot, sizzling rocks.  But one occassionally encounters fellow guests who may be so clueless that....  I believe this is part of natural selection.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Silversea takes appropriate precautions and offers (simple) instructions to guests about grilling.  The hot rocks/food are delivered on a rolling cart.  The server is not carrying them on a tray, in danger of falling on some innocent guest if the ship is rocking.  Presumably, most Silversea guests understand that they should not be putting their hands (or arms, legs, etc.) on super hot, sizzling rocks.  But one occassionally encounters fellow guests who may be so clueless that....  I believe this is part of natural selection.  

And those of us who know we are clumsy have already crossed Hot Rocks off the list of possibilities 😜

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

And those of us who know we are clumsy have already crossed Hot Rocks off the list of possibilities 😜

Clumsy people can still eat there😃......the food can be cooked for you just like all the other restaurants on board the ship.

Just now, Lois R said:

Clumsy people can still eat there😃......the food can be cooked for you just like all the other restaurants

on board the ship.

Yes, I've read that here and that's my plan; but I definitely won't have a 400 degree rock in front of me.  I know myself well enough to recognize guaranteed injury 😉

• Like 1

On a breezy ocean evening, usually once or twice on a voyage, we absolutely enjoy the casual atmosphere of the Grill.  My wife likes to cook her protein while I opt to have the galley do the grilling.  We've not been disappointed.  Staff is always so helpful and the quality can't be overstated - awesome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Observer said:

But how many people go to a Mexican restaurant and the waitstaff say’s the plate is “HOT” don’t touch it.  And what do most people do: Right they touch it to see how hot it is😋