What is the best way to cancel?

isdoo

I wish to cancel to move to a different cruise.

We can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing.

is it best to phone Celebrity here in the UK or do it online? How long for the FCC to come through? I have paid the deposit on the better cruise. 

If I click on cancel stateroom.

I see the vacation total etc., but the cancellation penalty cost says £0.00

So does that mean it will just refund me instead? 

I am not sure. 

3 hours ago, isdoo said:

is it best to phone Celebrity here in the UK or do it online?

Personally I prefer to do all business face to face, in lew of that I would call them at least you KNOW it's been canceled.. emails can get lost... js

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Just cancel online, you will get your paid unrefundable deposite as FCC in about 3-4 weeks by email. Not faster or different when you call to cancel.

3 to 4 weeks - wow!

Not going to do this online then!

2 to 4 minutes maybe, but not weeks!

If you are moving to a different Celebrity Cruise it may be lots easier to eiteher call Celebrity or you Agent and have them move you reservation to the new booking.    I just did that  for 2 cruises.    All the OBC's for on board booking came over to the new reservation.

• Like 2

Definitely Phone!

Last Monday I moved 2 deposited cruises(Edge & Silhouette) to a different cruise date on the Edge. It was all completed on the phone in about 20 minutes.

Edge reservation number stayed the same just changed the date & price. Since the reservation number was able to stay the same the deposit that had already been paid was still applied. Then moved my FCC and deposit from another cruise to the new cruise as well. 
At the end there was a tiny balance owing which I paid as the new cruise was only 40 days away when I did all this.

• Like 1

We too have recently transferred cruises. We rang celebrity and they transferred it in just a few minutes. Reference number stayed the same and the deposit was transferred over - no need for FCC. Only hitch was because we had flights booked on the original cruise but not on the new one ( going from Southampton). There was a slight IT glitch which meant that they couldn’t take the flight details off for a few days. This means we cannot get an updated invoice until that has been done. However if I log in to my account all the details are there and are correct. We should get refund of excursions within 10 days. 
We couldn’t believe it had been so pain free. 

• Like 1

First we cancel all special dining res and excursions on line. That makes things easier/ less complicated.   Any cancelled  pre payments are usually processed promptly.

Then we call to make sure  cruise cancellation  is done  correctly and we are sent paperwork.   If you want to switch...definitely call.  Not sure of penalties or change fees.