FCC update

My TA called me yesterday and informed me that RCCl is going to refund me for my FCC's that  i only used part of the FCC.they are only going to refund me the cash that i used and not any of the extra 25%. i only used parts because one of my cruises was a b2b 3 & 4 night. After my TA loudly complained they said they could give me a guest relations fcc but didnt disclose at that time how much the fcc would be. I am betting it will not be 25%. anyone else hear of anything like this? 

46 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

My TA called me yesterday and informed me that RCCl is going to refund me for my FCC's that  i only used part of the FCC.they are only going to refund me the cash that i used and not any of the extra 25%. i only used parts because one of my cruises was a b2b 3 & 4 night. After my TA loudly complained they said they could give me a guest relations fcc but didnt disclose at that time how much the fcc would be. I am betting it will not be 25%. anyone else hear of anything like this? 

Yes, there are certain instances where they will refund your FCC.  That was announced last week.

As mentioned you will lose the 25% bonus amount that you received for taking the FCC in the first place.  You mentioned that you already applied some of the FCC.  

If you originally paid $1000 you would have received an FCC for $1250 ($1000 + $250 bonus). If you already applied $500 then I would expect that you will get $500 back and lose the bonus $250 entirely

Has there been any mention of RCI extending the time frame that FCC can be used? They are good until the end of Sept. 2022 now, but that would be a LOT of cruises they will have to fit in to a limited number of ships sailing. A RCI agent recently told our friends that they had heard that an extension was coming soon. Ourusualbeach have you heard anything? 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is there any easy way to look up FCC's on RCL website?     I have tried my best to keep track of these FCC's but feel like I may have lost track of one or two of them due to various cruises being cancelled.  

If you booked with a TA they can see your FCC's if you booked yourself you can't. 

2 hours ago, cello56 said:

Has there been any mention of RCI extending the time frame that FCC can be used? They are good until the end of Sept. 2022 now, but that would be a LOT of cruises they will have to fit in to a limited number of ships sailing. A RCI agent recently told our friends that they had heard that an extension was coming soon. Ourusualbeach have you heard anything? 

Nothing on any extension. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is there any easy way to look up FCC's on RCL website?     I have tried my best to keep track of these FCC's but feel like I may have lost track of one or two of them due to various cruises being cancelled.  

I lost track of FOUR.  I had $1,400 in FCC credit sitting around that I didn't know about.   I called my TA to verify the cert # for one from a cancelled cruise with my friend.  She says she will never use it, but hope springs eternal in the human heart...................................and, we might be able to find a 2-nighter.  While checking for me, my TA said I had two I didn't know about, and my deceased husband had 2.  I'm waiting for his to be transferred into my name, and then I will pay down my cruise balances.  It was Christmas in July!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked with a TA they can see your FCC's if you booked yourself you can't. 

However, you better keep track of the FCCs.  After so many e-,mails. I was finally able to get confirmations of FCCs balances from my TA via RCL.  Nothing in writing yet.

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I lost track of FOUR.  I had $1,400 in FCC credit sitting around that I didn't know about.   I called my TA to verify the cert # for one from a cancelled cruise with my friend.  She says she will never use it, but hope springs eternal in the human heart...................................and, we might be able to find a 2-nighter.  While checking for me, my TA said I had two I didn't know about, and my deceased husband had 2.  I'm waiting for his to be transferred into my name, and then I will pay down my cruise balances.  It was Christmas in July!!!

That is a nice find.   Hopefully your friend will sail with you in the future.  

I guess someday soon I will give royal a call and review my FCC cert list and see if I have any unused ones.     

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, there are certain instances where they will refund your FCC.  That was announced last week.

As mentioned you will lose the 25% bonus amount that you received for taking the FCC in the first place.  You mentioned that you already applied some of the FCC.  

If you originally paid $1000 you would have received an FCC for $1250 ($1000 + $250 bonus). If you already applied $500 then I would expect that you will get $500 back and lose the bonus $250 entirely

i did not request the refund. this is why i am perplexed. i was not happy about losing the 25% extra credit

8 hours ago, pcur said:

OK.......well now, it seems RCCL has truly worked themselves into a nightmare wormhole with FCC's, and no wonder they are starting to cash them out.  

I called my trusty Big Box TA and asked to apply my two FCC's while I waited for my husband's to be transferred to me.  I had already tested them as valid on a fake booking on RCCL's web site.  One in my name was good.  The second wouldn't work.  She had to call RCCL, they had to escalate, someone(s) had to dig into history.  Seems they refunded that one to me when I first asked that ALL my cruises be cancelled and payments/FCC's be refunded to me.  BUT, they left 4 of them (2 for me and 2 for my husband) active in their system. Two really ARE active, and two have been refunded but look active.

The TA said this has become an accounting nightmare for RCCL, for travel agents, and for passengers.  I agreed, and I have the spreadsheets to prove it.  Plus, I thought ALL my refunds were settled months ago, and here are these two little stragglers for some reason.

She said what was supposed to be a temporary solution is dragging on for years...........................

Edited by pcur