Has Anyone Counted How Many Medallion Issue Threads that We Have on CC

donaldsc

I don't cruise on Princess so I don't have any 1st hand experiences w Medallion issues.  It does appear that Princess as well as most of the other cruise companies have a policy of hiring the bottom-of-the-class IT school students.  They then must fire any of the few competent ones that they accidentally hire.

DON

• Haha 1

In the case of Princess, and indeed all lines under the corp. umbrella, in-house IT people were replaced couple years ago and their roles outsourced to a gynormous French-based operation.  As for the OM, not sure who is doing that ... but, at least for awhile, Accenture was steering the show.  Guessing they may still be doing OM work.

Thank you for stating the obvious.  Yes, I, once, did count.  It seemed ridiculous to have so many redundant threads.  I had expected the moderators to combine them.  But considering how many pages each accrued.....

It's gotten to the point that I just look at the last page.  Nothing really new is ever posted.  Here's what I have gained from all of them:

New Medallion Class App.  

Hurry and upload, you will need it.

Doesn't work

Works

Doesn't work

Works

(continue pattern).

But you have to have it to check in.  

Now, this may be a fun thread to watch.

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I don't cruise on Princess so I don't have any 1st hand experiences w Medallion issues.

Okay, I'll ask the question:  If you don't cruise on Princess why do you post to the Princess forum so frequently?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for stating the obvious.  Yes, I, once, did count.  It seemed ridiculous to have so many redundant threads.  I had expected the moderators to combine them.  But considering how many pages each accrued.....

It's gotten to the point that I just look at the last page.  Nothing really new is ever posted.  Here's what I have gained from all of them:

New Medallion Class App.  

Hurry and upload, you will need it.

Doesn't work

Works

Doesn't work

Works

Maybe it's just me, but some of the 'works' threads seem like:

"It works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, it is because you are an idiot..."

As folks have such wildly varying results, I don't think it actually matters if it does work for a particular person;

that doesn't imply it works for anyone else.

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

As for the OM, not sure who is doing that ... but, at least for awhile, Accenture was steering the show.  Guessing they may still be doing OM work.

This must be a dream project for Accenture.

They really excel...

...at generating billings.

This could be good for years!