Harmony conformed to resume sailing from Barcelona

On 7/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

🙂 Harmony'd better make that TA trip, since we are supposed to cruise on her in November. 🙂

Just made final payment today for the transatlantic and two cruises previous to it

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jimbo said:

Still don't see where it says where you have the Lift and Shift Option to not go on the cruise, and protect your cruise fare price to 2022.

It’s not if you don’t wanna go that’s fine you can have a future cruise certificate 

Edited by ericfromri

On 7/13/2021 at 2:14 AM, steamboats said:

I didn´t say that the cruise price is protected. But if you are not feeling well to cruise under the given regulations L&S is an option or cancelling. Depending on what law is coming in and when the cruise was booked you might be eligable to cancel without any fees (here in Europe).

steamboats

L&S means shifting to another week + or - 2 weeks to 2022 and protecting your price to same category.

What you are talking about is just obtaining a FCC to put that money to another cruise.

So really they are the options,  FCC under the CWC clause or getting your money back IF Royal cancels the cruise. The latter doesn't seem like an option since it looks like the cruises are going as of now.

Edited by Jimbo

Hi all,

We have the Harmony crossing booked - applied an FCC (received from issue on a previous sailing). 

Does anyone know - if we cancel before final payment - would that FCC amount be re-issued as well as the deposit/tax?

Thanks!

NJ 

59 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi all,

We have the Harmony crossing booked - applied an FCC (received from issue on a previous sailing). 

Does anyone know - if we cancel before final payment - would that FCC amount be re-issued as well as the deposit/tax?

Thanks!

NJ 

You will get whatever you paid, for taxes and Port Fees back to you in cash or the form you paid it in ( credit Card).................FCC value is just for what the CruiseFare you paid will be worth.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You will get whatever you paid, for taxes and Port Fees back to you in cash or the form you paid it in ( credit Card).................FCC value is just for what the CruiseFare you paid will be worth.

Ok - thanks for reply!   FCC only applies to my final payment - so if I cancel, then in effect have lost the value of the FCC?

NJ 

4 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

NJ 

We had an issue FCC that was applied to the Nov. 2020 transatlantic. When it was cancelled, I called to find out what had happened to it. I provided the booking number that it was issued for. The dates were then modified to book before Dec. 31, 2021 and sail before April 30, 2022. They would not send a new email. I do not know if it would be re-issued again. (I kind of doubt it) 

So in your case it might be. The taxes & fees will be refunded to your credit card. 

Edited by Coralc

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So really they are the options

Exactly, there are options - either L&S or cancel under CWC. And then European travel law comes in additionally which might allow her to cancel without any penalties. But that´s a pretty difficult topic.

Fact is that the regulations that you can only leave the ship with a shore tour when traveling with a non vaccinated person are new. If she has a problem with this regulation than the option is not to go. Complaining about this rule on here won´t help her with her problem. And in those days you simply can´t expect that the rules are all the same for all cruises all over the world as currently the health authorities of all port countries set up their rules and negotiate with the cruise lines.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Exactly, there are options - either L&S or cancel under CWC. And then European travel law comes in additionally which might allow her to cancel without any penalties. But that´s a pretty difficult topic.

Fact is that the regulations that you can only leave the ship with a shore tour when traveling with a non vaccinated person are new. If she has a problem with this regulation than the option is not to go. Complaining about this rule on here won´t help her with her problem. And in those days you simply can´t expect that the rules are all the same for all cruises all over the world as currently the health authorities of all port countries set up their rules and negotiate with the cruise lines.

steamboats

Do not mislead with mentioning of L&S.

L&S for the Harmony cruises ex BCN are NOT possible to include for Europeans booked under EU protection laws. 

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

We had an issue FCC that was applied to the Nov. 2020 transatlantic. When it was cancelled, I called to find out what had happened to it. I provided the booking number that it was issued for. The dates were then modified to book before Dec. 31, 2021 and sail before April 30, 2022. They would not send a new email. I do not know if it would be re-issued again. (I kind of doubt it) 

So in your case it might be. The taxes & fees will be refunded to your credit card. 

I had paid in full for a cruise that was cancelled and had applied 150 fcc.

I went for the 125% fcc refund option.

So their calculations took cruise fare total - t&f = balance which they *125 and then they added the original 150 to that sum and a new fcc was generated. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 9:38 AM, sgmn said:

I hope Royals pricing is reasonable and good value  if you have no choice but to go with their organised tours, especially if you have to pay for a family group 

I wouldn't count on that .... even a transfer to or from airport is unreasonably expensive when book through RDG

6 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Do not mislead with mentioning of L&S.

L&S for the Harmony cruises ex BCN are NOT possible to include for Europeans booked under EU protection laws. 

L&S is actually not possible with the Harmony as this is the original cruise and hasn´t been cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions. But it has nothing to do with the EU travel protection laws. But CWC is possible in addition to the EU travel protection laws.

steamboats

Not happy with the mask policy on this cruise, we are fully vaccinated going on a ship thats fully vaccinated.  But I get it and called to cancel and move FCC from three prior cancellations to our Allure cruise in October 2022.  Was told we can't use any of the prior FCC  ($2687.00) on the Allure because its outside the current CWC policy to use before Sept 2022.  So I asked for a refund to be processed on the FCC and was told this can't be refunded because its FCC.  I have to book another cruise and sail prior to Sept 2022 to use the FCC or lose it...

On 7/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, steamboats said:

I didn´t say that the cruise price is protected. But if you are not feeling well to cruise under the given regulations L&S is an option or cancelling. Depending on what law is coming in and when the cruise was booked you might be eligable to cancel without any fees (here in Europe).

steamboats

Carmen, aka steamboats, aka fneumeier - please don't try to weasel out of this. You claimed in your exchange with Jimbo that an L&S is possible with the Harmony. Jimbo has corrected that mistake. You are spreading false news. Neither for US nor for Europeans there is the possibility of a L&S w/r to Harmony. It is not an option!

Accept that finally and try not to distract again and again with obscure contradictory L&S statements.

Amen

15 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Carmen, aka steamboats, aka fneumeier - please don't try to weasel out of this. You claimed in your exchange with Jimbo that an L&S is possible with the Harmony. Jimbo has corrected that mistake. You are spreading false news. Neither for US nor for Europeans there is the possibility of a L&S w/r to Harmony. It is not an option!

Accept that finally and try not to distract again and again with obscure contradictory L&S statements.

Amen

Sorry, I mixed it up... I thought that L&S is possible but I corrected myself in my last post. L&S is not possible because it´s a regular cruise and you can only L&S with cancelled cruises. But L&S is possible for Europeans too (and you said it´s not possible for Europeans due to the European travel protection law and that´s not correct - for cancelled cruises we can also chose L&S).

But you or Olga can still use CWC and cancel if you don´t feel well with the regulations. And there´s no reason to be aggressive - everyone can make a mistake and neither you nor Jimbo said L&S not possible because it´s not a cancelled cruise.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1

Re: Harmony TA:

I just counted the days after last European port Malaga and arrival in Orlando. There are 11 days after Malaga -so currently no European guest may enter the USA as they mandate a 14 day quarantine or equivalent lay-over (i.e. Mexico etc). So our TA and b2b Carib with Harmony are right now a definite no-go and a  case for CWC.

Am I correct that Europeans may sail Harmony's TA only when RCI skips Malaga?

12 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

First, the sailing must include passengers, then if she does, then the rules about who can actually sail may not be revealed until much closer to sailing.

19 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Should We Be nervous that Harmony from Barcelona Will Be cancelled because of new lock Down for the Night in Barcelona... We have booked the 15 th of August, it is Very close.....

I wouldn't be confident thats for sure until you step foot on the ship, the sailing could be canceled at anytime between now and the August 15th. Royal isn't going to know for sure until the day of.

From what we hear in the USA have been reading and seeing it appears to be getting worse , not better over in Europe at this time.

Edited by Jimbo

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I wouldn't be confident thats for sure until you step foot on the ship, the sailing could be canceled at anytime between now and the August 15th. Royal isn't going to know for sure until the day of.

From what we hear in the USA have been reading and seeing it appears to be getting worse , not better over in Europe at this time.

Infection rates are going sky high again in the UK. Sadly the only option to lower infection rates is a lockdown.

However so far touch wood, hospital and deaths are low. Still too many but over all low. 

Also those that are going to hosp the vast majority have NOT had the Vaccine!!!!

Hope the Oct cruises from Barcelona do sail and as we are on the TA,

here’s hoping Royal sticks with “everyone has to be vaccinated” rule regardless of age. It would likely result in less protocols for us vaccinated passengers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Re: Harmony TA:

I just counted the days after last European port Malaga and arrival in Orlando. There are 11 days after Malaga -so currently no European guest may enter the USA as they mandate a 14 day quarantine or equivalent lay-over (i.e. Mexico etc). So our TA and b2b Carib with Harmony are right now a definite no-go and a  case for CWC.

Not quite sure whether this might be sufficent (with no Malaga). If they require 14 days out of Europe than you can´t count Oct 31st / embarkation day in Barcelona. The ship arrives Nov 14th. So it would be 13 days at sea.

Anyway... Biden said that they soon will come up with new travel rules for Europeans. So maybe there will be changes until the end of October.

steamboats

15 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Should We Be nervous that Harmony from Barcelona Will Be cancelled because of new lock Down for the Night in Barcelona... We have booked the 15 th of August, it is Very close.....

It´s a nightly curfew. Beaches are closed too. But I haven´t read anything about closing up hotels. There were nightly curfews over the last few months but you were still able to go on vacation and stay in a hotel. You are just not allowed to leave the hotel after a certain hour.

steamboats

This is the big issue. Looking at the uk gov website it looks like the cruise port of calls are classed as transit stops. Even if you do not get off. Once back in uk you must follow the traffic light rule system for the country in the worst colour, so red or amber. 

So the way i read it at the mo, the stop in france would result in UK passengers, even of you didnt get off having to isolate when home 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england