Masks required for August sailings from Florida even if vaccinated while walking around

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Just got the email for Serenade in August. It is the same.  Very disappointing so far.

Yeah I haven't told Dan yet but we don't wear them anymore any place at home and I doubt that he is going to want to spend money on a vacation where he has to wear one.  We will see what happens

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, L454S said:

Easy remedy....don't go, CANCEL.

I know I would, but this could change anytime.

If you don't want to wear a mask will they give refunds or just FCC? From day one I've maintained that I won't cruise while masks are necessary onboard. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yeah I haven't told Dan yet but we don't wear them anymore any place at home and I doubt that he is going to want to spend money on a vacation where he has to wear one.  We will see what happens

I'm holding out hope for a reduction in vaccination % to 75% requirement to change the protocols for vaccinated passengers that was hinted at by Michael Bailey last week.

At this point Freedom, that doesnt require vaccination, has more vaccinated only (meaning maskless) space than Serenade that does require vaccine status.  This makes no sense at all!

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If you don't want to wear a mask will they give refunds or just FCC? From day one I've maintained that I won't cruise while masks are necessary onboard. 

Refund

• Like 2

Just now, molly361 said:

Refund

That's excellent! What's the latest you can cancel with refund? I'd be waiting until the last second to cancel as things are changing so fast though. In my Province we've been pretty much locked down for the past year and a half and opened some things up last week and now they're talking about being fully opened by August. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's excellent! What's the latest you can cancel with refund? I'd be waiting until the last second to cancel as things are changing so fast though. In my Province we've been pretty much locked down for the past year and a half and opened some things up last week and now they're talking about being fully opened by August. 

I don't know.  I saw the refund part on the blog and I know that they were offering them for the July sailings.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=florida-august

• Like 1

Here is what their web site says about masks and August Florida sailings::

Masks and Physical Distancing
When indoors, CDC guidelines require all guests 2 and older to wear masks unless they are actively eating or drinking. The CDC does make allowances for guests to remove their masks in venues and events dedicated to fully vaccinated parties. Since so many of our guests are vaccinated, you’ll find plenty of these opportunities.

Masks are not required in your stateroom when you are with your traveling party, outside on the open decks, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting. We will update you if there are any changes to the CDC guidance for face masks.

You’ll find the entire ship and boarding process set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of your traveling party.

mac_tlc

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

What's the latest you can cancel with refund?

It is not stated.  I'd assume the same as CWC program which is 2 days out but you know what they say about assuming... 

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 2.58.26 PM.png

• Like 1

Cruiseline doesn't want to take any chances, I expect the same until 2022.

They have to much to lose, example: the last 16 months.

No one is forcing you to cruise, they are giving you a way out CWC. Use it !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, soremekun said:

What's the reason stated as to why masks are required for the vaccinated?

Because the experts at the CDC are following the science and doing what they need to do in order to protect the health and safety of people.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

"bUt FlOriDa wOn vs CdC!" - Ricky Martin song sounding Vlog guy and others 🤣

This ludicrous idea that somehow someway for some reason cruise lines are just gonna go right back to the way it was once the CDC is out of the picture 🤣

Edited by Jtd724
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have absolutely no issue with wearing my mask even though I'm vaccinated when there are unvaccinated people allowed on the ship.  If it gets me back out to sea, so be it.  I am in Missouri where the Delta variant is spreading because of certain areas of our state that have low vaccination rates, so I really never stopped wearing mine. Not yet, anyway.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Here is what their web site says about masks and August Florida sailings::

Masks and Physical Distancing
When indoors, CDC guidelines require all guests 2 and older to wear masks unless they are actively eating or drinking. The CDC does make allowances for guests to remove their masks in venues and events dedicated to fully vaccinated parties. Since so many of our guests are vaccinated, you’ll find plenty of these opportunities.

Masks are not required in your stateroom when you are with your traveling party, outside on the open decks, or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting. We will update you if there are any changes to the CDC guidance for face masks.

You’ll find the entire ship and boarding process set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of your traveling party.

mac_tlc

Wait. I don’t get it.  The CSO is set to become “guidance only” in Florida 8 days from now.  There will be no legal authority behind whatever mask requirements RCI sets out. They can do what they want. Right?  Why are they going to require masks when they are not made to by the CDC?  That doesn’t make any sense. They don’t have to do vaccines or masks or any health protocols. Come on!  Why are they making it so hard on everyone?!  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jtd724 said:

"bUt FlOriDa wOn vs CdC!" - Ricky Martin song sounding Vlog guy and others 🤣

This ludicrous idea that somehow someway for some reason cruise lines are just gonna go right back to the way it was once the CDC is out of the picture 🤣

The protocol for the Harmony sailings to begin in August out of Spain are about the same or maybe slightly stricter and the CDC has no say in Europe.   

It could be the cruise lines making their own decision.    They may also be making their protocols companywide to prevent any confusion with staff.

Right now there is too much confusion.....if I leave from the bahamas on adventure or if leave out of Florida on Freedom or if I leave out of Alaska on the Serenade, or if I leave on Jewel out of Cypress, etc etc.   it's getting too difficult to keep track of the different protocols and would make sense for them to have companywide policy on their health protocols to prevent any confusion with staff, etc.   

Edited by Sunshine3601

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

No one said it is the CDC that is making this requirement.    The protocol for the Harmony sailings to begin in August out of Spain are about the same or maybe slightly stricter and the CDC has no say in Europe.   

It could be the cruise lines making their own decision.    They may also be making their protocols companywide to prevent any confusion with staff.

Right now there is too much confusion.....if I leave from the bahamas on adventure or if leave out of Florida on Freedom or if I leave out of Alaska on the Serenade, or if I leave on Jewel out of Cypress, etc etc.   it's getting too difficult to keep track of the different protocols and would make sense for them to have companywide policy on their health protocols to prevent any confusion with staff, etc.   

There are many here who have said directly or indirectly that once the CDC is out of the way, its back to normal for cruises out of the U.S.

• Like 2