The Daily for Sunday Jul 11, 2021

richwmn

1 minute ago, Galley Slave said:

We just saw Serenade of the Seas from our porch!  Looks like they are starting a test cruise.  Haven't seen a cruise ship for months!  

Wonderful 😉   Welcome to the Daily

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kazu said:

I’ve never heard anyone describe a Newfie aka Newfoundland dog that way.  They are incredible, beautiful dogs and their breed has done a lot of life saving.  They have saved a lot of fishermen and sailors - like the Labrador and even the poodle they were bred to survive cold waters.

I guess because we have seen bears we know the difference between bears and dogs 😉 

But if you’ve never seen a bear - I guess 🤷‍♂️ They are big dogs but since I have a couple of larger ones myself…

Here is a prime Newfoundlander dog.  Note the owner there  to gage the height.  That is the real “Newfie”.

EF73DBEC-7B11-4F90-AEF9-8CBDB36FF646.jpeg.c6df6878c8f2a61f9dc34bb2d442e394.jpeg

In perspective, Marley comes past my waist and Miko up to my waist.

These are great dogs and I would have one but for the summers.  The heat will give them a heart attack and it breaks my heart to see some where they can’t tolerate the weather.

Sorry, but I’m a fan of these dogs for their wonderful personalities and their life saving of so many.

Good morning. 

Agree with you, the Newfoundlander is an amazing dog. The one we saw yesterday did seem less than happy to be on a crowded street with warm sun. The owner told us they had come from a swim. 

It seemed here in Maine so many have large dogs. We love all kinds of animals and consider them a great part of our existence. 

20210711_100427.jpg

20210711_101112.jpg

20210711_114854.jpg

• Like 8