LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish more restaurants would have a bigger selection. Most places just have the basic stuff. Bourbon is the new wine of it's time. More and more whiskey and bourbon bars are opening up but I wish more restaurants would up their game.

Jefferson's Ocean literally ages their bourbon at sea (that's why I was intrigued by it and had to try it). If you get a chance, Google Jefferson's Ocean and check out their web site. It's pricey but very good. You can literally taste the sea salt in it.

13 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Good for you!  We've been retired about 12 yrs - thanks to a nice Federal Gov't young age eligibility! 

My hard working Dad always told us we were working today for our tomorrow's and to put the time and $ in now as it pays off later.

So glad you, me and others are still here to enjoy these golden moments to travel as we please, when want and for as long as we want and also didn't put off enjoying life until retirement, as some didn't make it that long.

In my first 7 years of retirement, I lost 4 younger siblings in a 5-yr span and my baby brother suddenly last Jul!  It was indeed a wake up call for me and my husband so we travel often; me solo annually also. 

I'm a retired Federal employee, as well. Worked pretty much my entire career as a civilian for the USCG. Also have 5 1/2 yrs military service with the USCG.  You're rigt, I was able to retire at  relatively young age because I worked for the Federal government. Now it's time to "put some water under my keel" and commence cruising! Oh btw, all my USCG time (both military & civilian) was working out of an office (I was home every night), not afloat on a USCG cutter for months on end.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

It's pricey but very good. You can literally taste the sea salt in it.

I have two bottles of it at home. One of my favorites. I get it at Costco and it's a little bit cheaper, in the $60 range. It's a winner for sure. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I have two bottles of it at home. One of my favorites. I get it at Costco and it's a little bit cheaper, in the $60 range. It's a winner for sure. Cheers!

Cheers! My bottle was $85 (incl tax). Pricey, but worth every penny.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We need to try Jefferson's Ocean cask strength. That ought to "light us up", eh?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey @Sea Dog, if you don't mind, could you shoot me an e-mail at: martycp60@gmail.com?

I have a question for you off line.

• Like 1

Some people were asking about the all-inclusive resort in Freeport called The Grand Lucayan. It is actually the resort RCI wants to purchase. A review of the resort can be found HERE

We are going to try this out. The Royal excursions seemed Meh. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.15.54 AM.jpeg

• Like 4

The App is now showing the types of entertainment available each day. We can’t book yet but at least we can see what’s happening each day!  Oops, well, only the first few days so far. I think they are still adding activities. 

3800C4D2-0653-49AC-9081-3B6FC3AF1AF6.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review as we prepare for our Aug 14th Adventure.  We are doing Air2Sea also on American.  Flying in the day of out of MIA, early flight, less than an hour flight. Hoping all goes well with the flight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

For anyone staying in a suite, I have not heard from the Concierge yet.  Hoping I get the email today. I will keep you posted. 

The lead time for that email has gotten less and less over the years. Last January it was 6 days. It may well be 4-5 now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Some people were asking about the all-inclusive resort in Freeport called The Grand Lucayan. It is actually the resort RCI wants to purchase. A review of the resort can be found HERE

We are going to try this out. The Royal excursions seemed Meh. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.15.54 AM.jpeg

Me 2!

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

For anyone staying in a suite, I have not heard from the Concierge yet.  Hoping I get the email today. I will keep you posted. 

Yes,  Tiff, we did get an email from the Concierge. All in all it says we can book dining and shows once on board. Here are some of the excerpts:

We’re delighted you’ll be joining us as we get back to our home at sea. Your health & safety are our top priority, so as we begin to set sail, we have new health protocols that are part of our healthy return to service. Please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise for more information on the preventive measures that we will be taking onboard to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience with us.

As we return to service, some benefits and services have changed. To follow new health protocols and better manage the flow of guests in terminals, the check-in process will be different. All guests will be required to select an arrival time in advance via the Royal Caribbean app. However, suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival — a new program allowing the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.

We recommend that you plan your days and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise Planner or Royal App. Please note that show reservations will be available for booking once onboard. If you require any assistance, I will be happy to help you.

My desk is in the Suite Lounge, located in Deck 14 aft. My hours are: 8:00 am until 12:00 pm and 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. I am also reachable via email, or by dialing my phone 8903 from your Suite or any house phone.

As a Suite guest, you have access to exclusive amenities and services, available just for you: 

· The Suite Lounge is for the exclusive benefit of our Suite guests, accessible with your Platinum SeaPass card. 
· Make sure to pack a smart casual outfit, as that’s our dress code in the lounge at all times.
· In the Lounge, coffee and tea are available from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Each evening, between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm, hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer, and soft drinks are available for our Suite guests.
· Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· As a Suite guest, you may enjoy an exclusive breakfast in Giovanni’s Table daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
· Your suite is supplied with Malin & Goetz bath amenities, a Lavazza espresso coffee machine, bathrobes for your use onboard, and is furnished with a luxurious pillow-top mattress.
· Enjoy the exclusive Suite Sun Deck on either side of the Pool Bar (Decks 11-12 mid ship); lounge chairs are available to Suite guests on a first come, first served basis.   
· Suite guests receive priority seating in our theaters, accessible with your SeaPass card, up to 45 minutes prior to curtain. Reservations are available once you arrive onboard, which I will be happy to assist you with.
· Priority Departure. Please ask me for more details once onboard.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have.

25 minutes ago, Bette And Bill said:

Yes,  Tiff, we did get an email from the Concierge. All in all it says we can book dining and shows once on board. Here

are some of the excerpts:

We’re delighted you’ll be joining us as we get back to our home at sea. Your health & safety are our top priority, so as we begin to set sail, we have new health protocols that are part of our healthy return to service. Please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise for more information on the preventive measures that we will be taking onboard to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience with us.

As we return to service, some benefits and services have changed. To follow new health protocols and better manage the flow of guests in terminals, the check-in process will be different. All guests will be required to select an arrival time in advance via the Royal Caribbean app. However, suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival — a new program allowing the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.

We recommend that you plan your days and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise Planner or Royal App. Please note that show reservations will be available for booking once onboard. If you require any assistance, I will be happy to help you.

My desk is in the Suite Lounge, located in Deck 14 aft. My hours are: 8:00 am until 12:00 pm and 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm. I am also reachable via email, or by dialing my phone 8903 from your Suite or any house phone.

As a Suite guest, you have access to exclusive amenities and services, available just for you: 

· The Suite Lounge is for the exclusive benefit of our Suite guests, accessible with your Platinum SeaPass card. 
· Make sure to pack a smart casual outfit, as that’s our dress code in the lounge at all times.
· In the Lounge, coffee and tea are available from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Each evening, between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm, hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary wine, spirits, beer, and soft drinks are available for our Suite guests.
· As a Suite guest, you may enjoy an exclusive breakfast in Giovanni’s Table daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
· Your suite is supplied with Malin & Goetz bath amenities, a Lavazza espresso coffee machine, bathrobes for your use onboard, and is furnished with a luxurious pillow-top mattress.
· Enjoy the exclusive Suite Sun Deck on either side of the Pool Bar (Decks 11-12 mid ship); lounge chairs are available to Suite guests on a first come, first served basis.   
· Suite guests receive priority seating in our theaters, accessible with your SeaPass card, up to 45 minutes prior to curtain. Reservations are available once you arrive onboard, which I will be happy to assist you with.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have.

Hey Adventure of the Seaers! I finally figured out Delta's Wi-Fi (the directions were on my drink napkin, duh). There was a fee of $6, no big deal (T-Mobile customers were free). So, I'm posting this from 30,000 ft but espresso already beginning our descent (man, time flies when you're having fun & drinking Jack & Coke, lol). I tried to attach a picture of my tiny airplane bottle of Jack Daniel's but I couldn't figure out how to do it on my phone. Anyway, I'll post next from my hotel bat, lol. Cheers from 30,000 ft!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bette And Bill said:

Yes,  Tiff, we did get an email from the Concierge. All in all it says we can book dining and shows once on board. Here are some of the excerpts:

So I have a few questions that you may not end up being able to answer until after you get onboard. 🙂

It's great that we can check in "an hour earlier" than what we signed up for, but how do we know what time they open? For example, my checkin time is 12:30. Will they be open at 11:30?

"Smart casual"-- that sounds more formal than the dining rooms, which seems weird. Do they basically just mean no bathing suits? 

Priority seating for shows is great... but it kind of defeats the purpose if you have to get there 45 minutes early to enjoy it. I mean, couldn't you get great seats for pretty much any show by being there 45 minutes early? 

Malin & Goetz-- does anyone know if this is good stuff? I often bring my own when I travel but if this good, I won't bother. I have a feeling I will already be overpacking!

Sorry if any of this sounds snooty... I'm just kind of underwhelmed by the "perks." I mean, I'll take them! lol It may just be an adjustment of expectations from other ships I've been on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bette And Bill said:

I am also reachable via email

What is his email? I am really feeling pretty dissed by RCI at this point. First no eDocs and now no contact from the Suite Concierge despite staying in a 2Bd. Grand Suite. Guess they want me to run back to the NCL Haven.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

What is his email? I am really feeling pretty dissed by RCI at this point. First no eDocs and now no contact from the Suite Concierge despite staying in a 2Bd. Grand Suite. Guess they want me to run back to the NCL Haven.  

ad_concierge@rccl.com

Tiff - by the time we get on board, with all the crap and hoops we have had to jump through just to get our documents (at least you have access to your flights) we will be ready to just relax and enjoy and not worry about everything or anything else.

Edited by Bette And Bill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, sunshinetricia said:

So I have a few questions that you may not end up being able to answer until after you get onboard. 🙂

It's great that we can check in "an hour earlier" than what we signed up for, but how do we know what time they open? For example, my checkin time is 12:30. Will they be open at 11:30?

"Smart casual"-- that sounds more formal than the dining rooms, which seems weird. Do they basically just mean no bathing suits? 

Priority seating for shows is great... but it kind of defeats the purpose if you have to get there 45 minutes early to enjoy it. I mean, couldn't you get great seats for pretty much any show by being there 45 minutes early? 

Malin & Goetz-- does anyone know if this is good stuff? I often bring my own when I travel but if this good, I won't bother. I have a feeling I will already be overpacking!

Sorry if any of this sounds snooty... I'm just kind of underwhelmed by the "perks." I mean, I'll take them! lol It may just be an adjustment of expectations from other ships I've been on. 

The first check in time is noon. So I am thinking they should be open about 11:00ish. I have not been officially informed we can check in early, it is only what I have read,

Smart casual for me is nice dress pants, and blouse. My husband will wear dress pants and a polo shirt. Not really a problem. And this is in the evening, shorts are good during the day if you just want a nice quiet place to sit and ready. Or get a cup of coffee.

With all the social distancing and limited seating currently in the theaters, I think it is just a way you can sit in the reserved section - which is normally in the balcony. In the past the reserved section was also for Suites, Pinnacles and Diamond Plus. We will just have to wait and see what things are really like when we get on board.

This is a different brand that what Royal use to have. I normally take my own shampoo and conditioner but when I fly and especially when we will be on board for 3 weeks, I did not want the weight in my suitcase, so we will be using what ever they have. If I have a problem (allergies) I will ask for the "normal" stuff the rest of the ship gets in their cabins.

Some of the current perks are a bit scaled down due to everything that has been going on. I am really just thankful to be able to get back on board a ship and have a nice and relaxing time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sunshinetricia said:

Great questions — which parallel many of my own.  

I did read or see in a vlog (can’t remember where) that suite guests were able start checking in at 11:30 (at least for that particular day, that is what time the checkin staff were there and ready to go)

So with you on the 45 minutes before the show limit — 100% defeats the purpose of the perk, IMO.  But our friends are not in a full suite, so no biggie for us as we will sit with them for whatever shows we attend.  And unlike us, they are really good at getting there early for seats.  

Also a bit underwhelmed — the main reason I want to hear from the concierge ahead of time is to book my specialty dining BEFORE we board.  I don’t want to deal with it when we embark, I want to do my muster requirements and start enjoying some cocktails.  So I’ll be asking about that regardless of what the email says.  Shows can wait, don’t really care about them so much.  Like HBCcruiser, most of my suite experience has been NCL Haven and they have been amazing.  We are not able to cruise in suites often, so when you splurge on it, you kind of want it to be extra.