LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

23 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Grapefruit Margarita with blood red orange. Sooo good! 

Sad me is still stuck at home, waiting for the day we get to head to LAX for our cruise.  But I’m happy to see you enjoying your pre-cruise libations, so decided to join you with a delightful old fashioned, even if it’s at home 😜

• Like 1

Just now, 3kidsncats said:

Sad me is still stuck at home, waiting for the day we get to head to LAX for our cruise.  But I’m happy to see you enjoying your pre-cruise libations, so decided to join you with a delightful old fashioned, even if it’s at home 😜

Awesome! Please continue to join us. You still have a cruise to look forward too. When yours comes we shall live vicariously through you. 😀

• Like 2

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

Awesome! Please continue to join us. You still have a cruise to look forward too. When yours comes we shall live vicariously through you. 😀

I’m thinking I will do a live for the first time — not sure how interested people will be by late august, but hey, you never know since we all have our own cruise style to share.  I’m excited we are doing a B2B for the first time (and don’t think I didn’t consider a B2B2B but the youngest has to get moved back to university 😜).  I will absolutely be joining you the entire way 😊

• Like 2

LATE STATUS REPORT: Mark this date down on the calendar. I arrived at the Green Parrot and there was not a bar stool to be found (bar was packed). Fast forward 2 or 3 hrs later and I'm the only one in the bar and I'm closing it down! I think I've only closed a bar down once; on spring break in Fla when I was 19. (Drinking age was 18 back then).

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Cheers from the "Tiki Bikini" in Nassau, Bahamas! This is my 1st attempt at posting a pic following @oceanboy's instructions. I think this is going to work. Thanks @oceanboy! I owe you a "Kah-Lick"!

20210714_150801.jpg

Happy to help. Now, set your camera to reverse selfies so they don't come out backwards! See the label on your beer bottle?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Happy to help. Now, set your camera to reverse selfies so they don't come out backwards! See the label on your beer bottle?

I know. I thought that was the way "it had to be", lol. O.k, set camera to "reverse selfies" (I didn't know there was such a thing). Another nut this blind squirrel needs to find...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I know. I thought that was the way "it had to be", lol. O.k, set camera to "reverse selfies" (I didn't know there was such a thing). Another nut this blind squirrel needs to find...

Do ypu have an I-phone or android?

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

BTW, for you two coastie guys, I live about 25 minutes from the Academy and a while ago got to spend a day on the Eagle.

Nice! Hey, if you don't mind, would you shoot me an e-mail at: martycp60@gmail.com? I have a question I'd like to ask you off line. Thanks.

@HBCcruiser @ChiefMateJRK @HuliHuli

15 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Android (Samsung Galaxy Note).

Ok, I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 so the intructions should be close....

Open your camera

At the top on the left should be a settings icon. Tap it.

Scroll down until you see "save optons" and tap it. You should see an option for "pictures as previewed (selfies)". You can set that to flip, or not, your selfies. Now, it might be a bit different for you as Samsung stopped upgrading the version of Android in the S8 awhile ago. 

• Thanks 1

I think I posted previously about the crazy dump truck drivers here in Nassau, speeding down narrow, congested streets at 60 mph (in a 30 zone). The taxi drivers here are the same way. My taxi ride back to my hotel last night could beat any thrill ride at any amusement park. My taxi driver would also speed down these tight streets. He was approaching an intersection and the light clearly was red for us but he "went for it" and proceeded to run the red light. A car was starting to enter the intersection from our left (they had the green light) and my taxi driver's response to this? He flashed his headlights and honked his horn (as if the car with the green light was at fault!). Don't get me started on my taxi driver's tail gating. We're talking about a half an inch behind the bumper of the car in front of us. While he tail gates, he also was flashing his headlights into the car in front of us through the back window. I tell you what, the things he was doing would get him shot in the U.S. But here in Nassau, it seems to be the norm! So, if you're looking for a thrill ride, just take a taxi ride here in Nassau. I literally had my face in my hands, covering my eyes as my crazy taxi driver drove like we were in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

I think I posted previously about the crazy dump truck drivers here in Nassau, speeding down narrow, congested streets at 60 mph (in a 30 zone). The taxi drivers here are the same way. My taxi ride back to my hotel last night could beat any thrill ride at any amusement park. My taxi driver would also speed down these tight streets. He was approaching an intersection and the light clearly was red for us but he "went for it" and proceeded to run the red light. A car was starting to enter the intersection from our left (they had the green light) and my taxi driver's response to this? He flashed his headlights and honked his horn (as if the car with the green light was at fault!). Don't get me started on my taxi driver's tail gating. We're talking about a half an inch behind the bumper of the car in front of us. While he tail gates, he also was flashing his headlights into the car in front of us through the back window. I tell you what, the things he was doing would get you shot in the U.S. So, if you're looking for a thrill ride, just take a taxi ride here in Nassau. I literally had my face in my hands, covering my eyes as this crazy taxi driver drove like we were in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Nope Nope Nope! I would be walking everywhere after that lol

Hahaha Mr Toads Wild Ride!!! 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Nope Nope Nope! I would be walking everywhere after that lol

Hahaha Mr Toads Wild Ride!!! 🤣

Walking everywhere here in Nassau wouldn't help (keep you safer). See my previous post about me walking down these "sidewalks" (uneven, huge holes, tripping hazards) and the speeding dump trucks "flying" past me, kicking up sand & dirt in my eye. The "sidewalks" are very narrow and so close to the streets. The dump trucks seemed like they came within inches of me! So, even walking is a thrill here in Nassau. Only in the Bahamas!

• Like 2

O.k, with the help from @oceanboy, here are the pics I tried to post yesterday (I'll spare you the pic of the McDonald's again, lol) when I thought my phone went wonky on me. I think I can only post text up here on top (@oceanboy, is there a way to post text next or on top of each pic?). There are 10 pics below, so from top to bottom I'll # them 1 thru 10.

1. @HBCcruiser, here is the lobby of your hotel (Hilton) and the location where I got "mask shamed" by the receptionist & the parking attendant.

2. Front exterior of the Hilton.

3. Front exterior of the Margaritaville Beach Resort (only $393 per night. Ouch! No thank you).

4. The beach for "The Tiki Bikini". This is where the tanned, muscular female MMA fighter was going up & down the beach "shadow boxing" and where I was afraid to get out of the water because I thought she would kick my a_ _. <- (fill in the blanks).

5. & 6. Looking down  the public Kankanoo Beach and a close-up of the sign for it.

7. The beach directly across W. Bay St from my hotel (Holiday Inn Express).

8. Our ship's (Adventure OTS) big sister, Freedom OTS. @oceanboy won the contest and won a beer off me.

9. I happened upon this sign on the beach and had to take a pic and share with you guys. It says "bit_ _ slap". I think it's a name of a drink, lol. These crazy Bahamians...

10. My 1st drink at the Green Parrot last night; a Bahama Mama. I didn't really care for the taste so I switched over to Jack & Cokes.

So, this worked! All my pictures posted. Thanks again @oceanboy. Man, I've been posting pics from my phone to CC all wrong the whole time.  My old way, a link would be posted that you had to click on to get to a small version of the pic. Then, you would have to click on the small pic to enlarge it. This way that @oceanboytaught me is much better! Stay tuned, more pics to come...

P.S. @oceanboy, I see now that you can put text right on top of the pic in edit mode but now,, I just need to know how to put space in between the pics (in order to add text in the space). I didn't know a large version of the pics are posted like these;

20210714_094522.jpg

20210714_101457.jpg

20210714_102021.jpg

20210714_102511.jpg

20210714_102538.jpg

20210714_102603.jpg

20210714_102707.jpg

20210714_144313.jpg

20210714_182356.jpg

20210714_193839.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6