Choices and opinions?

So an 8 day in a suite will put us at Diamond by the end of next year.  I know nothing about any of these ships.  Can I get your thoughts on them?

Explorer out of Miami 8n 10/1, 10/15, 10/29, 11/2, 11/26

Vision out of Ft. Lauderdale 11/16, 11/25 (10 nights)

Grandeur out of Miami 11/18

Jewel out of Port Canaveral 11/19

Odyssey out of Ft. lauderdale 11/19

Edited by poocher

1 minute ago, poocher said:

So an 8 day in a suite will put us at Diamond by the end of next year.  I know nothing about any of these ships.  Can I get your thoughts on them?

I'll be Diamond at the end of my 8 night in a suite on Symphony as of 8/21/21. Yeah and I have a cruise booked on Oasis in April 2022 as a Diamond!

I would pick the Odyssey since that is the only ship that has Coastal Kitchen which is a restaurant for suite guests and Pinnacle members.  It is also the newest ship on your list

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, poocher said:

Odyssey - Would be very exciting as she is a brand new ship in the new Quantum Ultra Class. Similar to Anthem, Ovation and Quantum but, revamped with some of the recent Royal Caribbean signature lounges and features. 

Jewel has a very old school charm, smaller Radiance Class ship, have always wanted to cruise this class. 

Grandeur is the oldest of the bunch. That's not a bad thing but, if you're looking for bells and whistles you won't find them here. 

Explorer is a lovely ship, includes the large indoor Royal Promenade with shops and restaurants. Big fan of Explorer, beautiful ship, first we ever sailed with Royal Caribbean. 

Vision - is another older ship from 1996 refurbed in 2013. 

Go to Youtube and look at some videos for these ships to get  a better idea. 

10 nights would be always be a good deciding factor. Odyssey is the new shiny toy. 

Have fun choosing and becoming Diamond. 

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

So Explorer is going to the ABC islands an itinerary I like.  I also would prefer a Royal promenade versus a centrum.  We aren’t looking for a lot of bells & whistles - good evening entertainment, nice bars, good service.  Would Explorer fulfill these wants?  Except for embarking from Miami, looks promising.

Edited by poocher

If you want to be on a ship for Thanksgiving. I would go with Vision 10 day sailing on 11.25

My 2nd and 3rd choice would be Odyssey and Jewel.

Prices for Odyssey have been a bit high for sailings I checked out but a brand new ship will be nice to check out.

We absolutely love the Jewel and Serenade.  

26 minutes ago, poocher said:

So Explorer is going to the ABC islands an itinerary I like.  I also would prefer a Royal promenade versus a centrum.  We aren’t looking for a lot of bells & whistles - good evening entertainment, nice bars, good service.  Would Explorer fulfill these wants?  Except for embarking from Miami, looks promising.

Yes...love Explorer and excited to do a southern caribbean B2B out of San Juan March 2022.

• Thanks 1

If you are looking at 8-night  cruises for 2022, and you don’t want to cruise out of Miami, Mariner (same class as explorer but a lot newer) has several interesting 8-night cruises for next year out of Port Canaveral. We have three Mariner 8-night cruises booked for next summer: one to Bermuda, one to the ABC islands, and one Eastern Caribbean.

Take the 10 night cruise and be happy wherever the ship goes.  I wouldn't base my decision on the itinerary because things are going to be changing a lot in the next few months.  There will also be lots of changes in what's allowed in each port.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you are looking at 8-night  cruises for 2022, and you don’t want to cruise out of Miami, Mariner (same class as explorer but a lot newer) has several interesting 8-night cruises for next year out of Port Canaveral. We have three Mariner 8-night cruises booked for next summer: one to Bermuda, one to the ABC islands, and one Eastern Caribbean.

We did a 4 night on Mariner last year and wouldn’t mind it again but I only see cruises to Bermuda on Mariner for the Oct-Nov timeframe.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

We did a 4 night on Mariner last year and wouldn’t mind it again but I only see cruises to Bermuda on Mariner for the Oct-Nov timeframe.

Mariner is doing the 8 night Caribbean cruises in the summer of 2022. Jewel is doing an 8-night southern out of PC in November 2022 however.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1