Port of Miami Parking

keyboardjunkie

23 minutes ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Besides parking in the garage at the pier, can someone recommend a place to park a vehicle near the Port of Miami?

In Miami…..nowhere safely. 

I am sure some of the locals will chime in soon and tell you offsite parking in Miami is way too risky.  Too many bad stories with offsite lots….

11 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I realize you have to pay for convenience, BUT... 😲

Not just convenience.  You are paying for your safety (check out the neighborhood of any off-site lot you are considering) and your car's.  Port Miami also has on-site security in the garages and on the lots.  For more information, see https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Not just convenience.  You are paying for your safety (check out the neighborhood of any off-site lot you are considering) and your car's.  Port Miami also has on-site security in the garages and on the lot.  For more information, see https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp.

Yes, of course. Safety is primary. So far, knock on wood, I have parked in Miami for 3 weeks and had no issues.

13 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Parking is now $25/day for Terminal A parking garage at POM!  Surface parking is $22. I am only paying  1/4 of that. So about $50ish dollars vs. $200? I realize you have to pay for convenience, BUT... 😲

Where are you parking?

On 7/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, keyboardjunkie said:

Besides parking in the garage at the pier, can someone recommend a place to park a vehicle near the Port of Miami?

Parking at POM is expensive, but also convenient, covered and secure.  Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will likely not be covered, and for sure will not be as secure.  It's your car, do you feel lucky? 🤔

On 7/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, Noxequifans said:

When one is on their cruise, worry about the safety of your vehicle can be avoided. Parking at the port is a safe solution and the cost is part of the total for your cruise.   

I agree it’s only 22$ a night … if you can car pool share the expense

On 7/19/2021 at 5:44 PM, GTO-Girl said:

In Miami…..nowhere safely. 

I am sure some of the locals will chime in soon and tell you offsite parking in Miami is way too risky.  Too many bad stories with offsite lots….

I have had so much trouble finding handicapped parking with shuttle capable of transporting my mobility scooter to the pier. I finally found a place, Safe Cruise Parking 99 SW 2nd St. Miami. It's the only place I found other than parking on the pier and having to pay $22 a day. Does anyone know anything about this place? Thanks for all you help.

3 minutes ago, kadysgma said:

I have had so much trouble finding handicapped parking with shuttle capable of transporting my mobility scooter to the pier. I finally found a place, Safe Cruise Parking 99 SW 2nd St. Miami. It's the only place I found other than parking on the pier and having to pay $22 a day. Does anyone know anything about this place? Thanks for all you help.

If you search these boards, and if the search function works, you will find several threads where some cruisers reported no problems and big savings. Other reported "lost" reservations/deposits, no show shuttles, and vandalized cars. 🤪

The locals on this board pretty consistently suggest only parking at the port. It's your call.  Have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 1

The only safe cruise parking in the city of Miami is to park your vehicle directly at the Port Of Miami. As I have explained numerous times before it’s not worth the savings and hassle to return from a wonderful cruise vacation to return to a damaged vehicle when you park your vehicle at a downtown Miami parking lot. I have read too many sad stories since I joined Cruise Critic of damaged vehicles, missing or stolen items from vehicles and shoddy transportation options at the beginning or ending of your cruise.  I personally park my vehicle at the Port Of Miami and always have been lucky enough to return to find my vehicle in the same condition that I left it in.

Last time I sailed out of Miami, I used Premier Cruise Parking POM. It costs $10./day and I paid $10 in fees. They run shuttles to the port and I found the downtown area quite safe and secure. It is a parking garage but has lots of cameras.

They are located at

250 SE 3rd Ave.

Miami, FL, 33131

Front Desk/Shuttle: (305) 220-2686

24 minutes ago, Land&Sea_Cruiser said:

Last time I sailed out of Miami, I used Premier Cruise Parking POM. It costs $10./day and I paid $10 in fees. They run shuttles to the port and I found the downtown area quite safe and secure. It is a parking garage but has lots of cameras.

They are located at

250 SE 3rd Ave.

Miami, FL, 33131

Front Desk/Shuttle: (305) 220-2686

You don't say when that was but here are some  2019 reviews of Premier Cruise Parking:

Post 13 from October 2019 on this thread is one I remember almost two years later because the photos are so disturbing.  Many cars were broken into and it made the Miami evening news (link in post #19).

Edited by capriccio

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Thanks.  I wax thinking  specifically of a garage type place.

Gotcha! I understand the convenience of parking at the port. But they sure do put a premium on it! I will say that when traveling with our special needs daughter, we will park at the port. The difficulty level of transportation for all of us and our luggage makes the port a good deal!

Just finished a 6 day cruise on CARNIVAL Horizon.  After reading here, I decided against a parking garage and instead left the car at our hotel (Hyatt Place Miami Airport West/Doral) for $5 per day.  No free shuttle but there was a pay shuttle for $12 per person each way.  We opted for Uber/Lyft.  Thus cost was $30+$42=$72.  Parking garage would have been $65-78 with questionable security.  Port would have been $132.  Very pleased with my choice.