On the Summit Right Now

Projunior

10 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

We are to sail Sept 6. How do you know how many guests will be onboard?  Also I have not been able to get an arrival time so that makes me think they may cancel it.

Have you checked in?  People post that arrival time comes later.

1 minute ago, lovrccl said:

Yes checked in. A week or so ago I checked in for our October cruise and got the arrival time for that right away. 

Chalk it up to consistently inconsistent. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lovrccl said:

Yes checked in. A week or so ago I checked in for our October cruise and got the arrival time for that right away. 

In my brief experience with X, I have learned that their computer systems are less than optimal.  Logic is not their strong suit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Someone posted on another thread that they had spoken to Celebrity and were told that they had not released the arrival times for the September 6 sailing as yet. Patience Grasshopper. 😇

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Someone posted on another thread that they had spoken to Celebrity and were told that they had not released the arrival times for the September 6 sailing as yet. Patience Grasshopper. 😇

Yep that was me! Lol

45 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

We are to sail Sept 6. How do you know how many guests will be onboard?  Also I have not been able to get an arrival time so that makes me think they may cancel it.

We are booked on Sept 6 as well. Some time on Friday, the Sept 6th trip disappeared from Celebrity's web site, and has not shown up since. Friday morning, there was a significant amount of available cabins, all categories. 

13 minutes ago, Platinum Bob said:

We are booked on Sept 6 as well. Some time on Friday, the Sept 6th trip disappeared from Celebrity's web site, and has not shown up since. Friday morning, there was a significant amount of available cabins, all categories. 

I checked yesterday and it wasn't there. Have not looked today. Were you able to get an arrival time?

Edited by lovrccl

43 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

I checked yesterday and it wasn't there. Have not looked today. Were you able to get an arrival time?

Not there today either.

In case you missed it, this post might shed a bit of light on the situation, and hopefully someone aboard now will be able to provide a more definitive answer:

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Not there today either.

In case you missed it, this post might shed a bit of light on the situation, and hopefully someone aboard now will be able to provide a more definitive answer:

Thanks I saw the same thing yesterday ☹️

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 3:44 PM, Projunior said:

OP here. We booked X excursions for all three ports (Barbados, Curacao, Aruba).

In Barbados, no on your own allowed. As an aside,  every single person, without exception, observed on the streets in Bridgetown was masked (as seen during the bus ride to our Harbour Lights beach excursion).

Today,  in Curacao, passengers were allowed to come and go as they pleased. We walked from the ship into town after lunch after returning from our morning X excursion to Hato Caves and Mambo Beach. Masks required in stores, not required walking outside. Taxis parked near the dock were available to those who wanted one to travel on their own.

Aruba tomorrow and no mention in the Daily Planner about restrictions regarding traveling on your own. 

Unrelated - heard from a crew member that some of the upcoming 4/5 day cruises on the Summit have only 75 passengers booked. 

Hi,

We are on the Equinox next month and were thinking about taking the "Hato Caves And Mambo Beach" excursion.  Did you enjoy it? 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Algebralovr said:

Wow - 200 passengers.  

I seriously looked, but the $900 PP airfare from my closest airport was a deal killer every time I tried.  Oh, well. 

To have only 515 other passengers aboard, that would more than make up for the airfare for me....

I do understand the issue, regardless.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2021 at 4:12 PM, DCPIV said:

That would be almost creepy.  I'm back aboard Summit in November for a 4-nighter.  I'm not sure what I would think about only having a relative handful of other passengers aboard.  I guess it might be fun if we all got along! 🤣

Just think, if you do not get along there will be plenty of places to go and hide!!! LOL

Yet, nothing like blending in with the crowd, either....

bon voyage

3 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi,

We are on the Equinox next month and were thinking about taking the "Hato Caves And Mambo Beach" excursion.  Did you enjoy it? 

Hato Caves were interesting. Nothing to sing songs about, but I was glad we went. There's some interesting history and a couple nice things to see. 

I can't speak to the beach (we didn't go).

We are on the 9/25 Summit cruise & were able to check in! We haven’t been able to pick time or order luggage tags! Celebrity very slow in releasing eDocs!

I know at this time the 9/16th cruise is first Summit sailing once she arrives back in Miami and does the 14 day quarantine! 

Just received notice from my travel agent that the negative Covid test requirement now goes thru October 1.   So for our 9/25/21 sailing, I'll start looking at options and planning to get it scheduled closer to time.  Still hoping it changes so that independent excursions will be allowed in Costa Maya.