Captain Kate - Will she be on the Sept.4, 2021 Sailing?

Ramjet1997

Does anyone know if Captain Kate will be on the Sept 4 sailing on the EDGE?  Rumor is that she is taking a 3 month break sometime in September- wife wanted to book this cruise specifically for Captain Kate…….TIA!

• Like 1

You should never book a cruise for a particular captain.  Things can change.  I would suggest booking a cruise for the itinerary, the ship itself, etc.

Have a fun cruise...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Does anyone know if Captain Kate will be on the Sept 4 sailing on the EDGE?  Rumor is that she is taking a 3 month break sometime in September- wife wanted to book this cruise specifically for Captain Kate…….TIA!

I read somewhere that she was scheduled to be on the Edge until sometime in late September.  

1 hour ago, keesar said:

You should never book a cruise for a particular captain.  Things can change.  I would suggest booking a cruise for the itinerary,

I've seen far more cruises with a change in itinerary than a change in captain. Just Sayin'. 😇

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rhblake said:

Sussex Cruiser posted a while ago that Lisa Lutoff Perlo "won't be happy until it's a women-only cruiseline". So I am guessing their answer would be along those lines.

LOL. It's scary to think that us womenfolk might take over the world  /s. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

Great news..! I am on Edge in October. Very pleased she won't be on it.

Glad you won't be on EDGE with us in September!  You sound like someone who needs to switch to Carnival.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I also admire Capt'n Kate.  I really do.  But with all the threads here on CC asking about her every move and when she goes on/off ships and vacations it sometimes is a bit over the top for me.  Maybe CC members can put a tracking device on her like the Tracelet or a GPS satellite signal so they are always up to date on her whereabouts instantly.😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I also admire Capt'n Kate.  I really do.  But with all the threads here on CC asking about her every move and when she goes on/off ships and vacations it sometimes is a bit over the top for me.  Maybe CC members can put a tracking device on her like the Tracelet or a GPS satellite signal so they are always up to date on her whereabouts instantly.😁

Sailing with her tomorrow.

I believe her allure is:

1-1st American female captain of a major cruise line.

For women, this is a BIG deal. We applaud every time the glass ceiling is broken.

Always believe I could do anything I want—at 55, I now realize how this is FAR from true. 

2–She is the quintessential host as well. In 14 cruises, only 1 captain was very visible throughout the cruise—ALL OVER the ship as she is. 

Im not putting down those captains that are not that way—but those who go above & beyond the call of duty are recognized.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KKB said:

Sailing with her tomorrow.

I believe her allure is:

1-1st American female captain of a major cruise line.

For women, this is a BIG deal. We applaud every time the glass ceiling is broken.

Always believe I could do anything I want—at 55, I now realize how this is FAR from true. 

2–She is the quintessential host as well. In 14 cruises, only 1 captain was very visible throughout the cruise—ALL OVER the ship as she is. 

Im not putting down those captains that are not that way—but those who go above & beyond the call of duty are recognized.

I have no dispute with what you said at all.  I have consistently posted very positive things about Captain McCue.  As I said I admire her.  I was just commenting more here on the CC members and the constant number of threads that seem to be tracking her every move.  I personally find this a bit over the top.  But I guess in the social media age it is not surprising.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I have no dispute with what you said at all.  I have consistently posted very positive things about Captain McCue.  As I said I admire her.  I was just commenting more here on the CC members and the constant number of threads that seem to be tracking her every move.  I personally find this a bit over the top.  But I guess in the social media age it is not surprising.  

You aren’t wrong.

But Captain Karen’s a master of social media as well—which, to some extent, unfortunately, encourages those who take things a bit to far.

3 minutes ago, KKB said:

You aren’t wrong.

But Captain Karen’s a master of social media as well—which, to some extent, unfortunately, encourages those who take things a bit to far.

Enjoy your cruise!!

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

There have been lots of CC posts but not that many threads, IIRC. And in these pandemic days, having positive threads is such a nice change. There's a lot more coverage on social media off CC than there is here, so I wouldn't call what we do see here "over the top". JMO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I said in an earlier post, CK leaves on Oct.2 and I board that same day. Would I have liked to cruise with her as captain, yes. Is my cruise/life ruined- no. I have sailed with captains who have been funny, visible, and interacted with passengers. I couldn’t tell you their names if you told me I could never cruise again if I didn’t name them. I have sailed with captains who did a very short, heavily accented  talk once a day and that was it. 

The captain doesn’t make or break my cruise as long as we don’t hit the pier when docking.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 4:07 PM, Ramjet1997 said:

We were on the June 26th cruise and I asked her if she was going to be there on Sept. 18 (our next Edge cruise). She said that that was her scheduled sign off date.

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Most and above all, for her treating every single one of her crew, from bottom to top, with honor and respect.

Everyone in a Management position in ANY Company, Organization or whatever should treat everyone with honor and respect.  

I wouldn't expect anything different from the Captain of a ship.

Hopefully we will meet Captain Kate one day and enjoy a chat with her as we have had with several Captains over the years. 

Hopefully we will meet some CC members one day and share a few laughs over some of our posts and get to see the " real " person behind the name. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pinboy said:

1)  Everyone in a Management position in ANY Company, Organization or whatever should treat everyone with honor and respect.  

2) Hopefully we will meet some CC members one day and share a few laughs over some of our posts and get to see the " real " person behind the name. 

1) Completely agree that this should be the norm. However, in real life .... not always.

2) Until then, you're kindly invited to pop to "my" thread on the Royal Caribbean forum, where you'll get a "taste" of the real me 😉

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Pinboy said:

Everyone in a Management position in ANY Company, Organization or whatever should treat everyone with honor and respect.  

I wouldn't expect anything different from the Captain of a ship.

Hopefully we will meet Captain Kate one day and enjoy a chat with her as we have had with several Captains over the years. 

Hopefully we will meet some CC members one day and share a few laughs over some of our posts and get to see the " real " person behind the name. 

Pinboy I heard that Captain Kate does not associate with Canadians.   But I still do!  As long as you have had two shots of the same vaccine.  So yes I hope to meet you on a cruise.😊

• Thanks 1

WOW…I’m at a loss about some of these replies. 

Met Captain Kate on my recent cruise.  Told my TA that Celebrity should throw wads of cash at her, offer her corporate equity, name a deck on the EDGE after her.  Do whatever they need to do, but she’s a great asset to the cruise industry, and specifically to Celebrity.  She’s smart.  She’s obviously talented in PR.  Fer cryin’ out loud she’s commanding 1,000 + crew, making certain thousands of guests are happy, making money for her employer, on a ship that’s one of the largest in the world, sailing to other countries every week, keeping her demeanor the whole time, spending a lot of time away from her family, etc, etc, etc.  I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around anyone who has issues with her because of her gender or the way she looks.

I concur…some should not sail on ship’s she’s Captaining, given you feel that threatened by that fact.

Geesh!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1