Price Decrease?

Hope everyone is awesome. 

How long does a price decrease usually last.  It is typical for it to remain in place for awhile or does it only last a few days?

I believe there may be a solid price decrease in my cruise. 

My TA is out of the office until August 2, 2021 and his email says for "urgent matters only" call yadda yadda. 

For non urgent I will contact you when I get return to the office.  

My cruise is not until next year so certainly not urgent from that perspective. However, if a price decrease only lasts a couple of days I need help before he gets back. 

I already requested and received a price decrease, for what I consider a good amount of money, on this particular cruise through his TA.

Based on that history, and what I saw when I obtained that decrease , I beleive the current pricing Im seeing through RCL warrants looking into. 

Thank you 

No telling  The decrease could last for days but it could be hours as well.  Years ago I saw a pretty good price drop while at work and when I got home at lunch to call it was gone

Is there someone else in the office that you could contact?

• Like 1

I have gotten many price reductions in the past.  It is the reason I stopped using a travel agent.  I did a courtesy hold on the reservation on line.  When I called on the phone to get my price adjusted just 10 minutes later, the price was gone.  All the grands were booked.  I was in a junior suite.  I told the rep I even did a courtesy hold on the price and gave the RCCL phone rep the info.  I was moved up to a Grand suite for only $25 pp more.  The current price of that grand suite for that courtesy hold.  This was before final payment.  A courtesy hold only last 24 hours in the past.  Not sure what the rules are now but it might give you a little more time to get the price reduction.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

I have gotten many price reductions in the past.  It is the reason I stopped using a travel agent.  I did a courtesy hold on the reservation on line.  When I called on the phone to get my price adjusted just 10 minutes later, the price was gone.  All the grands were booked.  I was in a junior suite.  I told the rep I even did a courtesy hold on the price and gave the RCCL phone rep the info.  I was moved up to a Grand suite for only $25 pp more.  The current price of that grand suite for that courtesy hold.  This was before final payment.  A courtesy hold only last 24 hours in the past.  Not sure what the rules are now but it might give you a little more time to get the price reduction.  

Unfortunately Royal has removed the courtesy hold option from their website

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Never heard of Royal honoring a screenshot if the price has gone up.

They will if it happens whilst you're on the phone with them...happened to me.  She honored it.  That was quite a while ago though...so that might have changed.  I still screen shot everything when speaking with an agent.

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

They will if it happens whilst you're on the phone with them...happened to me.  She honored it.  That was quite a while ago though...so that might have changed.  I still screen shot everything when speaking with an agent.

Yes, if you are on the phone with them and it changes, no if you screenshot at 3 in the morning and call at 9 am.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, if you are on the phone with them and it changes, no if you screenshot at 3 in the morning and call at 9 am.

No I wouldn't think so, but if you're making the change or booking at the time it changes, they should honor that and they did before.  I had the screen shot all because the same thing happened once before and I didn't get any satisfaction at all, I knew she was skeptical of what I was saying.  So the next time it happened, I was prepared.  Of course the next agent didn't even ask me for the screen shot, she believed me and honored it.  But I'm saying it literally went from one price to another while I was online.  One second it was there, the next...poof!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Hope everyone is awesome. 

How long does a price decrease usually last.  It is typical for it to remain in place for awhile or does it only last a few days?

I believe there may be a solid price decrease in my cruise. 

My TA is out of the office until August 2, 2021 and his email says for "urgent matters only" call yadda yadda. 

For non urgent I will contact you when I get return to the office.  

My cruise is not until next year so certainly not urgent from that perspective. However, if a price decrease only lasts a couple of days I need help before he gets back. 

I already requested and received a price decrease, for what I consider a good amount of money, on this particular cruise through his TA.

Based on that history, and what I saw when I obtained that decrease , I beleive the current pricing Im seeing through RCL warrants looking into. 

Thank you 

If it's a substantial amount of savings, I would call your TA's backup.  That person should be able to pull up your reservation, call RCL and obtain the new pricing.  It wouldn't hurt to send them a screen shot as well.  I've done this in the past when my TA was out of the office.  Like others have stated, pricing can change quickly -- good luck!

• Like 1

this is the # 1 reason we stopped using a TA. We do not like not having any control of our booking.

However, that information is not helpful to you now. I would suggest calling that emergency number right now.

• Like 2

To me, it depends on the amount of the price drop and your relationship with your TA.  If it's $50 and you put value on your TA having a personal life, I'd roll the dice that it will still be there when your TA returns to the office.  If it's a few hundred dollars, I'd call the emergency number and lock it in.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately Royal has removed the courtesy hold option from their website

Yeah Hold and all Refundable options in old days that was easy way Hold a price or new available Cabin. Miss the option

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

To me, it depends on the amount of the price drop and your relationship with your TA.  If it's $50 and you put value on your TA having a personal life, I'd roll the dice that it will still be there when your TA returns to the office.  If it's a few hundred dollars, I'd call the emergency number and lock it in.

I called my TA for a decrease in price, feeling a bit embarrassed that it was a small amount.  However, in the end, I picked up onboard credit that I was unaware of.  My TA said to always call for a decrease, regardless of amount!