Boots PCR tests anyone?

hairymcclary

Has anyone already sailed or currently sailing used Boots for their PCR Tests please?  They advise results are available within 48 hours - just wondered whether this timescale was met?  There are no reviews on Google that I can find so am presuming this suggests that no-one has had a problem receiving theirs.......yet. 

16 minutes ago, hairymcclary said:

Has anyone already sailed or currently sailing used Boots for their PCR Tests please?  They advise results are available within 48 hours - just wondered whether this timescale was met?  There are no reviews on Google that I can find so am presuming this suggests that no-one has had a problem receiving theirs.......yet. 

I am also interested in the responses to your question. Thanks for posting this.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot comment on Boots turn around time but my family is based in UK and my parents recently returned from Spain. They used Randox home test kits with kits returned via a drop box service with participants required to return samples at one of various locations by late afternoon.  All results inc. day 2, test and release day 5 and day 8 were returned within 2 days - with the Firm acknowledging receipt of the sample registration online pre-return, the sample and then the results also issued by email within 2 days. They travelled approx 8miles to their nearest drop box. The test kits were delivered in 2 working days. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LPCKG said:

I cannot comment on Boots turn around time but my family is based in UK and my parents recently returned from Spain. They used Randox home test kits with kits returned via a drop box service with participants required to return samples at one of various locations by late afternoon.  All results inc. day 2, test and release day 5 and day 8 were returned within 2 days - with the Firm acknowledging receipt of the sample registration online pre-return, the sample and then the results also issued by email within 2 days. They travelled approx 8miles to their nearest drop box. The test kits were delivered in 2 working days. 

Thank you for the info. 😊
Unfortunately this will not work for us, as we will be traveling to the UK for a cruise. The company X uses in the UK, Eurofins, does not have a testing location in Southampton. But there is a Boots there and they do testing.

I don’t know much about the option to test at Boots stores, but I know some people on the current UK season on Silhouette have booked them, but are yet to have tests. I think.

Maybe check out this thread to see if anyone has actually done it via Boots, I follow the thread but can’t actually remember!
https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2782365-silhouette-around-britain-staycruisecations/

Also here’s a site where you can find links to a number of private test providers in the UK including folks arriving to the UK:

https://www.covid19-testing.org/travel-testing

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Unfortunately this will not work for us, as we will be traveling to the UK for a cruise. The company X uses in the UK, Eurofins, does not have a testing location in Southampton. But there is a Boots there and they do testing.

As you most likely / possibly know, Boots is a long standing high street pharmacist. I’d like to think they offer a similar system re updates/test result system.

Have you looked at Southampton airport or the airport you maybe flying into most are offering onsite testing at this time.  You may be able to access one on arrival (I’m assuming you may be flying into UK, apologies if I’ve misunderstood) or possibly attend at the local airport in Southampton for testing? The airport appear to offer a quicker turnaround for a premium. I hope you manage to arrange your tests, obtain results and have a great cruise. 

10 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I have read that Eurofins has a testing centre in an hotel in Southampton. 
BTW I thought that the Round Britain cruises were UK residents only?

7 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I’m sure the OP will confirm but I believe they’re doing a transatlantic? 👍🏻

I considered using Boots, but they were more expensive.  I have now used both self administered which are less expensive and someone else administered which are more expensive.  Both worked well, so why not save money and forget using a high street location?

Express Test has a drive through location in Southampton/Eastleigh. I have found them reliable and the drive through more convenient than parking etc on or near a high street somewhere if you want someone else to administer the test.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Solon said:

Express Test has a drive through location in Southampton/Eastleigh. I have found them reliable and the drive through more convenient than parking etc on or near a high street somewhere if you want someone else to administer the test.

Just seen this, it’s the Fareham Eurofins site,

69EA743B-5A7F-4707-91FE-02A09301BE6A.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had booked a Boots test as a back up, but the Eurofins test was very efficient this morning so i cancelled the Boots appointment for this afternoon. All very simple and obviously nothing paid to be refunded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The Eurofins Southampton location is actually in Fareham ( which isn’t Southampton!!)

Southampton Airport do tests too

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, Eurofins has a location listed in Southampton but it is actually outside the city.

5 hours ago, LPCKG said:

As you most likely / possibly know, Boots is a long standing high street pharmacist. I’d like to think they offer a similar system re updates/test result system.

Have you looked at Southampton airport or the airport you maybe flying into most are offering onsite testing at this time.  You may be able to access one on arrival (I’m assuming you may be flying into UK, apologies if I’ve misunderstood) or possibly attend at the local airport in Southampton for testing? The airport appear to offer a quicker turnaround for a premium. I hope you manage to arrange your tests, obtain results and have a great cruise. 

Thank you.

We are flying into LHR.
Yes, I did see that there is a testing site in the Southampton airport and that was going to be our backup.

4 hours ago, sammyboots said:

I’m sure the OP will confirm but I believe they’re doing a transatlantic? 👍🏻

We are doing a Transatlantic and hopefully we will be able to board if conditions improve in the next few months. 🤞🏼

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GerScot said:

Good news is fully vaccinated from US and EU can now travel to England without having to quarantine.

And just seen this on the P&O boards:

“𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼-𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: We are absolutely delighted with today’s announcement from the UK Government that international cruising can resume from the UK.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

We are flying into LHR.
Yes, I did see that there is a testing site in the Southampton airport and that was going to be our backup

Hopefully it will change, but currently only UK residents can take a cruise on her.