Cococay Beach Club

Quick question. Does anyone know what’s going on with their prices. I have had 3 cruises canceled, last one being in June 2021. Every cruise I have purchased a day at the Beach Club for my family. First one was $69@ last month it was $79@. Have recently book a replacement cruise for May 2022. Cruise Planner has the same beach club at $169@. Can’t understand what the extreme price increase is all about. Thanks…..

We saw the same thing from 2020->2021->2022.  They seem to be making up for fewer people by charging more for the amenities and excursions.  I'm not really surprised.  They have to make it up somewhere.

Supply and demand can be our friend.  If people refuse to buy at these inflated prices, pretty sure Royal will drop the price.  Personally, I am unwilling to pay more than $99 per person.  I have been there and liked it, and really enjoyed the lunch, but not willing to pay more than that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tserface said:

We saw the same thing from 2020->2021->2022.  They seem to be making up for fewer people by charging more for the amenities and excursions.  I'm not really surprised.  They have to make it up somewhere.

They were pricing this way before Covid hit We had cruises booked for February, March, April, and May 2020. The day pass was $65/pp for the February cruise (the last one that actually sailed), $99 for March, and $179 for both April and May.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

They were pricing this way before Covid hit We had cruises booked for February, March, April, and May 2020. The day pass was $65/pp for the February cruise (the last one that actually sailed), $99 for March, and $179 for both April and May.

Not on all cruises.    I was booked for a May sailing on Oasis and had only paid $46 pp, had a march sailing on Anthem and I think that was $55 pp.    

My last time there was end of January or early Feb 2020 and was in the similar price range of $50 or $55 pp.

It is a very nice area with a nice lunch but I personally will Not pay $169 pp.     

I probably will not purchase for more than $75 or $80 pp.     We will see.  I have a couple future cruises booked that go to cococay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m thinking it’s to increase the value of the Beach Club cabanas in order to better justify the 1699 price tag. The more the passes cost, the less offensive the cost of the cabanas become. 

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not on all cruises. 

Welcome to RCL's dynamic pricing model. The cost can vary wildly depending on which ship is there, whether there is more than one ship docked, the length of the cruise, and whether the ship makes more than one stop there. For us, $65 was a fair price, but when we looked into booking the club on the three other cruises we had that spring, the prices were way out of line for what you get.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Welcome to RCL's dynamic pricing model. The cost can vary wildly depending on which ship is there, whether there is more than one ship docked, the length of the cruise, and whether the ship makes more than one stop there. For us, $65 was a fair price, but when we looked into booking the club on the three other cruises we had that spring, the prices were way out of line for what you get.

Yes, that is so true!   My next sailing is September on Oasis is selling for $160.99 / pp - no thank you!

I had  booked it for previous cruise and it was $48 pp.  Today it is $179 pp.  I really want to book it but that's a huge increase.  I'm going to see if it comes down.  If not, I'm happy without it.

Beth

• Like 1

Thanks all. I’ve been scheduled to go 5-10 times before they installed the pier. We were never able to dock because of weather. I looking forward to our first trip. I’m a buyer at $100 maybe, but $169 is a bit ridiculous. Thanks all. Good cruising!!!

15 minutes ago, Breck1969 said:

Thanks all. I’ve been scheduled to go 5-10 times before they installed the pier. We were never able to dock because of weather. I looking forward to our first trip. I’m a buyer at $100 maybe, but $169 is a bit ridiculous. Thanks all. Good cruising!!!

Won’t go above $100pp also. 

4 hours ago, Breck1969 said:

Quick question. Does anyone know what’s going on with their prices. I have had 3 cruises canceled, last one being in June 2021. Every cruise I have purchased a day at the Beach Club for my family. First one was $69@ last month it was $79@. Have recently book a replacement cruise for May 2022. Cruise Planner has the same beach club at $169@. Can’t understand what the extreme price increase is all about. Thanks…..

Hmmm... It was $169.99 last month on the Adventure. 

If you have a larger group, a cabana might be worth it. I'm seeing the same pricing for my 8/21 AOS for the club, but you can get an 8-person cabana with club access for $699

59 minutes ago, exm said:

If you have a larger group, a cabana might be worth it. I'm seeing the same pricing for my 8/21 AOS for the club, but you can get an 8-person cabana with club access for $699

It’s crazy, isn’t it?  We went for the over the water cabana, but we thought about a beach one for the other day.  Ended up deciding we were good with exploring the complimentary areas.

6 hours ago, exm said:

With that price you’re getting the cabana for free and a discount on the passes. Oasis in October is 1299 for beach and 1699 for floating cabanas. 

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

It’s crazy, isn’t it?  We went for the over the water cabana, but we thought about a beach one for the other day.  Ended up deciding we were good with exploring the complimentary areas.

We also opted for the floating cabanas (+$300). This will be a special cruise for sure!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NC State said:

With these prices we will just enjoy the island without any paid extras.

I agree free stuff is best.  I am going to hopefully get to Coco twice this fall. Once with Oasis and once with Symphony.   I understand there is lots of places to sit, a large pool and and beach.  I will try the wave pool too if that is free.

I have down Disney's island twice and with three main areas, I ended up moving around every hour or so to switch out my view and snack along the way.  I will do the same for Coco as well.

If I want a water park, there is always Volcano Bay and Universal which I am doing in Early Dec as well.

The same as everything and it's pricing.  Checking this morning on a Spacious Ocean View for our cruise to compare pricing with the Royal Up options and the same cabin that priced out at $3300 in March is now a whopping $5500, just  a regular D4 cabin!  the Ultra was beyond affordable.  At this rate we'll never be able to cruise again!  Atrocious! BTW, ROyal Up is the way to go if you want to upgrade.

Edited by BecciBoo

On 7/27/2021 at 3:17 PM, lazydayz said:

Supply and demand can be our friend.  If people refuse to buy at these inflated prices, pretty sure Royal will drop the price.  Personally, I am unwilling to pay more than $99 per person.  I have been there and liked it, and really enjoyed the lunch, but not willing to pay more than that. 

I agree.  I wanted to go there but not at $169 per perseon

• Like 2