The Daily for Wednesday July 28, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

Oh Jacqui, I’m so sorry to read this. Our condolences to Helen, and prayers for your BFF and her husband.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! A salute to Buffalo Soldiers, and thanks @puppycanducruise for telling us their background. I didn’t know. Nature Conservation and Milk Chocolate are both important to the basic survival of the human species, I believe. 
We both love beef stew, but we’re under a heat advisory again so I’ll leave it for another time. And of course, you had me at Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

We go to Takoradi on the 2022 Grand Africa, so the pictures are much appreciated! @smitty34877fingers crossed that Miss Camilla goes home today! It’s a nervous time for Mom, but they will all be so happy to be home.

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

158DD9E5-7093-4E4A-A497-D21198B0F12C.thumb.jpeg.ce88d0d25342182a0648e4bb49625e6f.jpeg

They sound like jealous people who are trying to wind you up.

I cannot understand why people want to upset others and you would be best to ignore them.

Best wishes from people who appreciate you 

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I cannot understand why people want to upset others and you would be best to ignore them.

Graham.

Graham, and @StLouisCruisers thank you, that is so kind. Your comments (and the virtual Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 😉) make me feel much better!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Graham, and @StLouisCruisers thank you, that is so kind. Your comments (and the virtual Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 😉) make me feel much better!

I completely agree.  Those posters are jealous.  Just ignore them and forget the virtual Pinot Noir - have a real one - you deserve it 👍 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

@Horizon chaser 1957 I agree with Graham.  Don't let them get you down.  Your work is fabulous.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning daily family,

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

She is doing very well and thank you for asking. She has a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow and the oncologist will decide if she needs chemotherapy plus radiation or just radiation. He believes that it will probably just be radiation at this point because her lung cancer was found so early, it’s stage 1A, and thank goodness she doesn’t have to have surgery.

That’s great news 🙂 

• Like 8

Good morning, Dailyites.  I spent some time this morning on the phone with HAL getting some bookings off the roster.  Many nice plans still in place, but just some readjusting with Delta variant out there trying to snare us.

Thinking today and sending prayers especially to @St. Louis Salfor a good procedure today; to@smitty34877that Miss Camilla may come home; and prayers winging their way to @kazu that your friend may recover.  What jarring news.  If he was on a ladder...to everyone out there, just don't. 

@Sharon in AZ, I'm glad your mom is getting along well, but sorry that you heard bad news about your old friend.  It's always really upsetting to lose our peers, even if we've been out of contact for a long time.  I've experienced that way too many times.

@cat shepard, loving your Iceland report!  I'm hanging with a "fast crowd" here.  You've put Iceland and Petra on my list in just a few days time.  Whew!

@JazzyV, great that you feel ready to be off the care list.  That is wonderful news.  And @Crazy For Cats, countdown time!  😊   @mamaofami, big milestone!  Awesome news there. 

@Horizon chaser 1957, the pox on the internet meanies.  Jealous old crows!  And practically speaking, is there really any way to fully identify a plant unless you do -- I dunno -- DNA, gene study, whatever they do with plants.  Even a plant from the nursery can be vaguely marked.  Forget about those found in nature.  Thousands of varieties out there.  

With that, well-wishes to all.  Yes to chocolate and beef stew!   😋   Have a great Hump Day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

Jacqui recent experience with Sam is that brain bleeds get absorbed back by the brain tissue. Prayers for your friend and her husband.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

My cousin's daughter has had a bad time with breast cancer, all on her own, undergoing surgeries, radiation and chemo with her two teenagers beside her.  My cousin has born the brunt of many long phone conversations!  But Laura has come through with flying colours and is looking wonderful.  

That is great news that Laura through her cancer battle with flying colors and is looking great.  Hat's off to her two teenagers for being there for her.  🎈

44 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Exciting news. Sam is now able to walk with just a cane.

Carol, that is great news.  So glad Sam is continuing to make progress.  🥂

37 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

First my apologies for not telling you sooner how nice I thought the Queen Annes's dyed silk looked.

As to the two women (I can't call them ladies the way the are acting), try to ignore them.  Some people are not happy unless they are doing their best to make others unhappy.  Don't give them that satisfaction.  And be glad they are not part of the Daily family.  Of maybe, the should be happy they're are not part of this great group, as they'd assuredly get a HUGE dose of their own medicine.  👿

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

Oh...so sorry to hear this!  Very bad week for many here.  Prayers for you and your family.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

That is so sad.  I'm very sorry about the loss of Michael for you, your DD and the entire family.  Definitely we will send prayers up for you all.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Jacqui recent experience with Sam is that brain bleeds get absorbed back by the brain tissue. Prayers for your friend and her husband.

Thanks - I hope he is as resilient as Sam.  My friend’s husband is the one undergoing chemo so a bit compromised.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

Bruno, how awful.  Our condolences to Dear Day, your and Michael's family.

Lenda

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Bruno

I'm so sorry for his wife, yourself Bruno and your dad

Sending you both our prayers and  deepest condolences.

Graham and Pauline.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

@kazu that your friend may recover.  What jarring news.  If he was on a ladder...to everyone out there, just don't

I honestly don’t know how the fall happened.  My friend was pretty distraught when she gave me the news and I only found out a bit as that is all she could muster to tell me.  Poor thing 😢 

• Like 5