Celebrity edge has 1 vaccinated pax test positive

1 hour ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Yes, my understanding is that the person voluntarily went to the medical center on their own volition.  The medical staff probably had orders to test absolutely anyone who had so much as a sniffle.  And this is why.  Like others said, one person does not an outbreak make.  The protocols worked as expected.

Glad to hear it was voluntary - I would hate to think anyone with a runny nose or sniffles,(like I get with allergies), would be hauled off to the medical center for testing.

• Like 1

I think we are going to evolve to a place where we have learned to live with COVID... I don't see COVID simply going away, but rather in the coming years we, as a global community, are able to better deal with it and as such it doesn't result in huge infections/deaths as it has been to date. 

With that in mind, I agree with what many others have suggested - that a positive case on a ship will become the norm rather than the exception in the near term, and possibly in the long term too. 

The protocols the cruise lines put into place and the way in which they are able to 1/ identify positive cases and 2/ stop a case or two from spreading exponentially across the ship will be really important.

Sounds like in this case the identification happened quickly so it will be interesting to follow and see if it is contained and there's no reason to think it can't be. Hoping for the best!  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

You have to admire someone who voluntarily goes to the sick call, knowing full well that it may end your cruise.  Kudos to that passenger.

So true.  It's called personal responsibility, a concept that is rare these days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Curious as to which vaccine the passenger received. In our practice we have seen no recent cases from those with Moderna or Pfizer vaccines . We have seen a several network-wide who received the less effective J and J . 

I believe majority of crew members got J&J.  Will see how they do with delta variant.

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

They should wear masks and rubber gloves and maybe a hazmat suit everywhere on the ship.

Oh, you mean like at Disney World that just reinstated their indoor mask mandate?

Without trying to sound like Ace, with the latest Delta outbreaks and Pfizer announcing that their vaccine wanes significantly after 6 months against the Delta variant, I can see masks becoming a "thing" again and not going away on cruise ships anytime soon.

A few weeks ago I just ordered a bunch of masks on clearance as there are rumors my work will be mandating masks.  I looked yesterday and the same masks I bought for 3/$4.95 are now over 3/$50.00.  Looks like the company is also anticipating a return to masks everywhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Curious as to which vaccine the passenger received. In our practice we have seen no recent cases from those with Moderna or Pfizer vaccines . We have seen a several network-wide who received the less effective J and J . 

HIPPA Violation...

2 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Facial recognition, cameras and software that can track your face as you move from camera to camera.

RCL is using Tracelet bracelets on every passenger

1 hour ago, cured said:

the same masks I bought for 3/$4.95 are now over 3/$50.00.  Looks like the company is also anticipating a return to masks everywhere.

I heard on the news yesterday that COVID has created 40 new billionaires.  I suspect that mask companies could be some of those !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

And...I both know, and have referenced the Law, not the Covid knock off. The medical team on Celebrity is prevented by law from disclosing personal health information to anyone other than at the request of a legitimate agency. (i.e. medical provider, governmental agency tasked with collecting those data for analysis, or a legal request as part of a litigation action.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I heard on the news yesterday that COVID has created 40 new billionaires.  I suspect that mask companies could be some of those !

Yes and some of those who were already billionaires have become trillionaires and flown into space.  Wasn't me 👽

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

And bankrupted thousands of businesses along the way.

• Like 2

I sure hope no one is surprised by this. Covid-19 vaccines are not 100% effective.  

Hence the reason for strict protocols to mitigate large outbreaks., and contain as best as possible.