Hotel/Location for hotel in/near Ft. Lauderdale in 11/21

OC PAT

Hello all,

I'm looking for a place to stay w/i 30 minutes from the cruise port with free parking and cancellation (given covid regulations).  We are driving.  I'm turned off with service fee, resort fees and cleaning fees. It will be a Monday and Tuesday night.  Close to the ocean or ocean front would be ideal but not required.  Hubby likes to explore museums and the like and I'm into sunbathing. Is there a community close to the cruise port that isn't priced up for the location or are the rates all about the same? Open to any venue as long as it is clean and doesn't require stairs as the only access to our room.  Thank you for your insight and experience.

9 hours ago, OC PAT said:

Is there a community close to the cruise port that isn't priced up for the location or are the rates all about the same?

Plantation, 12 miles west of Port Everglades and an easy drive, is a nice community where hotels are  priced lower than nearer the port.  All the major brands have hotels there.  

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

Plantation, 12 miles west of Port Everglades and an easy drive, is a nice community where hotels are  priced lower than nearer the port.  All the major brands have hotels there.  

That's what I am looking for.  I have been looking at hotels for days and wanted to check in with the CC community as to where we should look.  Thank You!

6 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

Thanksgiving week is usually very busy in South Florida. The suggestion of Plantation is a good one.

I will be cruising on Thanksgiving.  I meant Nov. 2021. I'm looking for a hotel in the beginning of the month.  Sorry for the confusion.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, CruiserBruce said:

There are dozens of threads here on hotels. Just takes a little research. You are going at the Thanksgiving week period. Could be busy, driving up prices.

I have been going through the threads and obviously I did not make myself clear.  I was trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and get a hotel close to the cruise pier if hotels are equal in costs further away.  If the rates are better further away what community should I look into.  I was seeing a number of different beach communities offering hotels outside Ft. Lauderdale and wondered if they were an option. Trust me I am searching the threads and third party options. We will be parking our car at the cruise lot since we will be gone for 3 weeks.  One responder suggested Plantation which I'll check into.  Thanks.

Howdy neighbor! 🤠 

Lauderdale by the Sea is an attractive option, with many small hotels that might meet your needs.  Farther north, a bit outside of your 30 minute radius, I would look at West Palm Beach and that area.  Have a great cruise! 😎

Plantation is no where near the beach and most of the hotels are pretty basic without a lot of tropical feel. You could go to the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood. 

Prices in general seem to be much more expensive than they have in the past.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, FOPMan said:

Plantation is no where near the beach and most of the hotels are pretty basic without a lot of tropical feel. You could go to the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood. 

Prices in general seem to be much more expensive than they have in the past.

Thanks FOP I'm finding that out in my search.