NCL check in photo

Kathy0329

Just now, libtrek said:

I took a picture of our drivers license and posted that. Do you all think I should replace with a selfie? Mary

It's a gamble.  Investing 60 seconds now to take and upload a better selfie may save you anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes at check in.  The question you have to ask yourself is, "do I feel lucky?" 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

I don't remember uploading a photo of myself to the Royal app. in advance. The first photo was done by the security team on the ship when I first embarked. Or, my photo may have been taken when I checked in at the Colonial Hilton in Nassau. To be honest, I can't remember. @HBCcruiser, do you remember? I guess each cruise line may do it a little different.

Royal requires you to upload a photo when you checkin online. 

We have photos that we use for cruise line that require them. When we renewed our passports earlier this year, we took our own photos... but we hate those photos and don't use them for cruise line check-ins

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH. So true. I actually had no problem with the Medallion app for check-in... *after* waiting about a month for them to fix whatever was causing the app to display my upcoming cruise as a cancelled Coral sailing rather than the shiny new Majestic one.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to trying out the Ocean Medallion tech. Wearing a little disc on a wristband seems less clunky than a keycard on a lanyard. I tried carrying my keycard in a pocket, but do you know how shallow pockets tend to be in women's clothes? Lost the blasted thing within an hour...

The Medallion is great so is MedallionNet. I used a bracelet with the Medallion. It was so easy to purchase/order items and drinks. Awesome WiFi too. It’s the App that’s been wonky. I’m still waiting to be able to book my departure time for our October cruise. Hopefully it will be as user friendly as the Royal App. 

5 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, you have one for "tipsy", one for slightly drunk, one for drunk, one for sh*tfaced, one for totally sh*tfaced and one for passed out on the deck.

We can use sharpies to write your name and room number on you if you are face down. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, coastcat said:

The best time to take that photo is when you're at home, well rested and relaxed. Taking it at port after you've dragged your suitcase hither and yon over bumpy paths and up/down the shuttle steps, then waited for an hour in an endless line behind a group of people who don't understand the concept of "inside voice"... at that point, any photo they take will be of your "man, I really need a drink" face.

My photo was "man, I shouldn't of had those drinks face".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Royal requires you to upload a photo when you checkin online. 

We have photos that we use for cruise line that require them. When we renewed our passports earlier this year, we took our own photos... but we hate those photos and don't use them for cruise line check-ins

I swear I don't remember uploading my photo for an online check-in. Heck, I think wasn't even an online check-in because the ship was being temporarily home-ported in Nassau, Bahamas. @HBCcruiser?

9 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's a gamble.  Investing 60 seconds now to take and upload a better selfie may save you anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes at check in.  The question you have to ask yourself is, "do I feel lucky?" 😇

tenor.gif?itemid=15737473

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I swear I don't remember uploading my photo for an online check-in. Heck, I think wasn't even an online check-in because the ship was being temporarily home-ported in Nassau, Bahamas. @HBCcruiser?

There was 🤣 We did it a month or so ahead of sailing though. Do you remember the Hotel check-in? They checked all of our info via an iPad. 

064DE8C7-5A8D-4162-9E20-4AADE925F9DD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

In a recent NCL video, I saw where NCL is using facial recognition getting back on the ship. This photo you are submitting will be used to track you throughout the ship so in case you get infected they can trace who you've been in contact with. Also along with face recognition, the software will be taking your temperature. Many covid changes. Less swiping of room card.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

In a recent NCL video, I saw where NCL is using facial recognition getting back on the ship. This photo you are submitting will be used to track you throughout the ship so in case you get infected they can trace who you've been in contact with. 

So now I'm NOT allowed to wear a mask?!  It all gets so confusing...... 🤣

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded a few different pictures but none of them are getting me the "green check mark".  What am I doing wrong?  I've got green check marks next to every section in the online check in except the "health and safety" one.  I checked the box about vaccinations.  I verified my email and phone and have the green check mark next to those.  Did I miss something??

16 minutes ago, tstahl said:

I've uploaded a few different pictures but none of them are getting me the "green check mark".  What am I doing wrong?  I've got green check marks next to every section in the online check in except the "health and safety" one.  I checked the box about vaccinations.  I verified my email and phone and have the green check mark next to those.  Did I miss something??

Are you sailing more that 21 days from now? They don't let you do the last step till then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tstahl said:

You won't get a green check there until you finish check-in shortly before your cruise. You have to review the final safety information and videos < 3 weeks to cruise date. Your photos are fine. 

• Like 2

Hoping the NCL check in online, now works right.   Unable to take both photos for a long time, NCL said it was a glitch??  Only able to get one photo  (uploaded ? ) (downloaded (?) whatever,  as you can tell the  system not for challenged technical persons.   Finally got them both in system!!!!  and then had to cancel, urggh   lurking here vicariously to hear about all you fortunate to finally get on the Ship!

• 2 years later...
On 7/31/2021 at 11:43 PM, BirdTravels said:

Yes please. Otherwise you'll be looking at a frown for the duration of the cruise. 

For Passports I don't think you are allowed to smile anymore. I think the instructions were think of the last person you loved who died. That is the expression they want...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

For Passports I don't think you are allowed to smile anymore. I think the instructions were think of the last person you loved who died. That is the expression they want...

🤦‍♂️, That is awful. I hope it is not true.