New Testing Requirement for for all U.S. sailings longer than 4 nights

13 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

The only notification I can fine is from a blogger, who does have RCCL contacts but so far nothing on any of their sites. 

We have both our cruise docs and sea pass's for the August 15th cruise out of Galveston and of course the original instructions we got from RCCL indicated that things could change and it would not surprise me but as of this minute we don't have any confirming information. We set up the port test for our 7 year old passenger with the link that RCCL sent us in the mail. 

If it comes down to getting a test we will not have any problem around here. I just hope the on board protocols don't change from what they emailed us originally. 

Will let you know if or when we get communications from RCCL. 

It’s posted on their website. What more confirmation do you need?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I hope they change that CWC clause now being you only have up to 48 hours before your cruise to cancel for getting a FCC. 

Because now having to get this test no earlier then 3 days before your sailing those people who get a positive result will be SOL getting the result the day before their sailing and then try to cancel for the FCC.

Positives test = full refund

that is a positive test for ANY member of your party. 

3 minutes ago, nyllrap said:

Looks like we all will be tested mid-cruise and before disembarking at a charge of $178 PP. Our B2B on 8/15 & 22 now adds $712 to our costs. Time to start re-thinking our cruising schedule through the end of the year!!!!!

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It’s posted on their website. What more confirmation do you need?

Well guess I am missing it. I searched for it on their site and I find the requirement for cruises out of FL but don't not Galveston, with the option that it might change. And given the number of emails we are getting from them on this cruise I would have expected it to be included in one of them. If you can post the link, maybe I am looking at the wrong web site. 

5 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Well guess I am missing it. I searched for it on their site and I find the requirement for cruises out of FL but don't not Galveston, with the option that it might change. And given the number of emails we are getting from them on this cruise I would have expected it to be included in one of them. If you can post the link, maybe I am looking at the wrong web site. 

OK I found it, refers to only cruises departing during August 2021 so we made the cut. 

18 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Looks like we all will be tested mid-cruise and before disembarking at a charge of $178 PP. Our B2B on 8/15 & 22 now adds $712 to our costs. Time to start re-thinking our cruising schedule through the end of the year!!!!!

Rcl is charging to do the b2b tests? I have 4 rcl b2bs booked. That doesnt seem fair to add costs after we are booked. Yikes. The news of what rcl is doing just get worse and worse. They want people to cancel

Carnival is doing tests but they arent charging to do them for b2bs.

Edited by firefly333

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl is charging to do the b2b tests? I have 4 rcl b2bs booked. That doesnt seem fair to add costs after we are booked. Yikes. The news of what rcl is doing just get worse and worse. They want people to cancel

Carnival is doing tests but they arent charging to do them for b2bs.

Celebrity isn't charging for any testing.

We have 10 cruises booked on RCCL through the end of December..............so our costs just increase $3560 just for testing and we are fully vaccinated. No incentive to be vaccinated???????????

I wrote an e-mail to our TA for some clarity - I read the RCCL Florida Protocol 3 times and it is poorly written - too ambiguous. They should have 2 sections..........one for vaccinated.............one for unvaccinated. Each detail requirements and costs (non-costs)..............keep it simple - don't mix "unless detailed below". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Celebrity isn't charging for any testing.

We have 10 cruises booked on RCCL through the end of December..............so our costs just increase $3560 just for testing and we are fully vaccinated. No incentive to be vaccinated???????????

I wrote an e-mail to our TA for some clarity - I read the RCCL Florida Protocol 3 times and it is poorly written - too ambiguous. They should have 2 sections..........one for vaccinated.............one for unvaccinated. Each detail requirements and costs (non-costs)..............keep it simple - don't mix "unless detailed below". 

I just read birdtravels said $178 per test between b2bs. I am hoping that's wrong. I assumed it was like carnival and so few of us they picked up the tab. I moved to b2bs to save the $50 gas to drive a 2nd time lol. I'll drive twice if they start doing that. 

Rcl is sure getting people upset by charging more if this is true. Mine start in January which is forever away. The whole world could change. I feel like rcl is rocking what I thought I knew.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:27 PM, jcc1025 said:

Breeze just left Galveston about an hour ago, currently in route to Cozumel. Wonder if the report was from a previous cruise?

Yes @deweytrader posted her family was one case and she knew about another. She's from CT and her family is now in a quarantine hotel in Texas for 7-10 days:

Look for deweytrader's posts starting at #21 (it's a Vista thread but she was on Breeze):

• Thanks 1

This is what I received from RCCL - the "latest update".

I am trying to understand the Vaccination and Testing Requirements section.

We are fully vaccinated and under the heading "Vaccination"- the bullet point says if you are fully vaccinated and have documentation - that we are exempt from "certain protocols and associated fees, including additional Covid 19 testing and travel insurance requirements.

Now - under "Testing" the confusion (for me)...............the sentence..........."unless specified below".

OK - I understand the need for pre-cruise testing for vaccinated and unvaccinated - costs to be responsibility of passengers - no exemptions.

What about the sections of "At the Terminal", "Mid-Cruise" and "Prior to Debarking" testing and associated costs..............are vaccinated exempt from these procedures and costs???? It is unclear to me as those sections follow the "unless specified below".

If they meant the sections of "At the Terminal", "Mid-Cruise" and "Prior to Debarking" to pertain to unvaccinated guests  - then it should be made under a heading "For Unvaccinated Guests".

I don't want to "ASSUME" anything...............as a Senior Citizen - I need clarity - simplicity!!!!!

Florida August 2021 Sailings' Protocol Update

Before we say, "Welcome aboard," we have an update to share with you regarding our pre-cruise testing requirement.

For sailings 5 nights or longer, all guests ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative PCR or antigen test result for COVID-19 on boarding day. This test must be taken no more than 3 days prior to your sail date and must be arranged by each guest at their own expense with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain or diagnostic lab.

We've added this extra precaution to give you added peace of mind. The below highlights protocols for guests sailing in August 2021 out of Florida homeports. If you do not wish to follow these protocols, we are happy to provide you with a refund or move your sailing into the future when circumstances may have evolved.

Health and safety protocols are subject to change and as these occur, we're committed to updating you.

Visit this link for all of our health protocols & additional details. Please save it for future reference.
spacer.gif
VIEW HEALTHY SAIL CENTER
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
section_icon_hor1.png
spacer.gif
Vaccination & Testing Requirements
  •  
Vaccination
For sailings departing from Florida on or after August 1, 2021, we strongly recommend all guests 12 and older be fully vaccinated before sailing. To be considered fully vaccinated, the final dose of the vaccine must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.
    • Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination (such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) in order to be exempt from certain health protocols and associated fees, including additional COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements.
Testing
For guests on cruises departing from Florida homeports from August 1 through December 31, 2021, the following requirements apply. Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below.

Pre-Cruise: For sailings 5 nights or longer, all guests 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, will need to undergo a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) administered by an accredited laboratory of the guest's choice and taken no more than three days prior to sailing. We will require documentation of a negative result for this test prior to embarkation, either printed or presented on your phone. All costs for this test are the guest's responsibility. This requirement applies even to fully vaccinated guests, there is no exemption.

At the Terminal: Guests 2 years and older are required to take a PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal, which will be administered by one of our testing vendors. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Mid-Cruise (for sailings 6 Nights or Longer): Guests 12 and older are required to undergo an antigen test for COVID-19 administered onboard by one of our testing vendors. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

Prior to Disembarking: Guests 2 years and older will be required to undergo antigen testing before disembarking at the end of the voyage. This test will be conducted the day before the cruise ends by one of our testing vendors. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test. Vaccinated guests who require an antigen or PCR test for entry into their destination country may receive one onboard at no charge.

Testing at the terminal prior to embarkation and onboard prior to disembarkation will be conducted by licensed and accredited third-party testing providers we have contracted. Guests must register for this testing and agree to the third-party testing provider terms and conditions. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

The total charge from the third-party testing vendor for guests 12 and older is $136 USD per guest on sailings 5 nights or less, or $178 USD per guest for sailings of 6 nights or more. This amount will be applied to the guest's onboard expense account. Royal Caribbean will pay the testing vendor(s) on the guest's behalf and will not retain any part of the testing costs.

Testing conducted by Royal Caribbean's vendor is complimentary for guests ages 2 – 11. No testing is required for guests younger than 2.
spacer.gif
section_icon_hor2.png
spacer.gif
Additional Information

Insurance Requirement
As a condition of boarding, each guest 12 and older departing from a Florida homeport on a Royal Caribbean International cruise must provide proof of a valid insurance policy that has a minimum of (a) $25,000 per person in medical expense coverage and (b) $50,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and no COVID-19 exclusions.

The insurance policy must name the guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from a travel insurance company of the guest's choosing or through the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program which fulfills these requirements and provides other benefits for travel protection. Insurance is required for sailings from August 1 through December 31, 2021 (except for bookings made between March 19, 2021 and June 28, 2021).

Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from this requirement.

Going Ashore
At ports of call, fully vaccinated guests who have chosen to show proof of vaccination may visit the port freely or enjoy one of our many shore excursions.

Travel parties with guests who are not fully vaccinated, or have chosen not to provide proof of vaccination, including parents traveling with unvaccinated children, must book a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean International if they wish to go ashore. We have worked with independent local tour operators to ensure they follow health and safety guidance that aligns with our Healthy Sail Panel recommendations.

Parents who have chosen to provide proof of vaccination and wish to go ashore freely, can visit our youth facilities once onboard to learn about drop off program hours and availability and reserve time for their child on the day they wish to go in port.

All guests may go ashore freely at our private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, without reserving a tour, regardless of vaccination status.

Shore excursions may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard at the shore excursion desk or using the Royal Caribbean app. This policy is subject to change as we continue to evaluate circumstances around the globe. All guests are also subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports we visit.
spacer.gif
section_icon_hor3.png
spacer.gif
What To Bring

Travel Documentation Checklist
 Passport books (not cards) are preferred, but not required for all guests sailing. Birth certificates and driver's licenses are accepted when passports are not available. Passports must have a validity of at least six months after the sailing's return date.

A COVID-19 vaccination record card:  Valid proof of vaccination issued by the country where your vaccination was administered (such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) that shows you received the final dose at least 14 days before sailing, should you choose to show proof of vaccination.

A negative COVID-19 test result: All guests age 2 and up on sailings 5 nights or longer, must show a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) to board the ship, regardless of vaccination status. This test is also required on shorter sailings, however, guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to show proof of vaccination and be exempt from this test.

Proof of Travel Insurance: Those guests 12 and older who choose not to provide proof of vaccination will be required to present proof of travel insurance that meets coverage requirements.

If you have questions about these protocols or have any concerns about sailing as a result of them, please contact us at 954-628-9290 or 1 (800) 256-6649. We will gladly answer your questions and work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.

Please note that health protocols are expected to change over time and we'll continue to share our updated protocols.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Espresso spacer.gif Running Best Sales and Service spacer.gif Royal Caribbean
spacer.gif
Facebook   Twitter   YouTube
  Blog  

Cruise Wizard, I just had this identical conversation with my DH ( Crusinghawg ).  We are interpreting as: Everyone must have pre-cruise negative test, unvaccinated have to have all of the other hoops.   Why they can't just say If Vaccinated must have pre-cruise test if not must have etc.  There communication skills lack much to be desired.  

14 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Cruise Wizard, I just had this identical conversation with my DH ( Crusinghawg ).  We are interpreting as: Everyone must have pre-cruise negative test, unvaccinated have to have all of the other hoops.   Why they can't just say If Vaccinated must have pre-cruise test if not must have etc.  There communication skills lack much to be desired.  

I would be happy to write RCCL's memo's for free cruises. I come from the KISS school..............wouldn't it have been clearer if there were 3 parts to the news release?????

Protocols for ALL guests

Protocols for Vaccinated Guests

Protocols for Un-vaccinated guests

I am hoping that your interpretation is correct. Their wording is very confusing and I can get confused easily!!!!

• Like 1

•  
  • Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination (such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) in order to be exempt from certain health protocols and associated fees, including additional COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements.
  • This is why I think Vaccinated only have to have the pre-cruise test   Your thoughts?

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:
  •  
  • This is why I think Vaccinated only have to have the pre-cruise test   Your thoughts?

I agree with you here.  Under the testing paragraph it states

Guests who provide documentation of full vaccination will be exempt from these requirements, unless specified below.

Then it goes into list the testing requirements.  Only the pre-test that you have to get on your own has a "specified below", thus vaccinated guests will be exempt.

This requirement applies even to fully vaccinated guests, there is no exemption.

Edited by AshleyDillo

On 7/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, ace2542 said:

No one will get it after sitting on planes for a few hours as they will wearing masks forever with no refreshments being served ever again thus doing away with the heavy trolleys making planes lighter and think of how much money they will save not having to buy food in.

I don't know they make a lot of money on alcohol and on those boxed snacks. Not to mention you can bring food and beverage on the plane. They still sell it in the airport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't know they make a lot of money on alcohol and on those boxed snacks. Not to mention you can bring food and beverage on the plane. They still sell it in the airport.

Flew American Airlines from DFW to Las Vegas last weekend, plenty of food and alcohol served on board.

• Like 2

I hope everyone who wants to take the rapid antigen test is planning ahead.  At least in FL, not all of the chain pharmacy locations offer this, only the PCR or another test that doesn't have "antigen" in its name, so I assume it wouldn't be accepted by the cruise line.

In my area NO Walgreens locations offer the rapid antigen test.  NONE.  Closest is in VA!

I found a CVS that does about a 45 minute drive away.

Urgent Clinics offer it, but you have to pay $125 a test.

My goodness, those who are sailing tomorrow out of FL must be scrambling!!!!!

14 minutes ago, MrsB05 said:

I hope everyone who wants to take the rapid antigen test is planning ahead.  At least in FL, not all of the chain pharmacy locations offer this, only the PCR or another test that doesn't have "antigen" in its name, so I assume it wouldn't be accepted by the cruise line.

In my area NO Walgreens locations offer the rapid antigen test.  NONE.  Closest is in VA!

I found a CVS that does about a 45 minute drive away.

Urgent Clinics offer it, but you have to pay $125 a test.

My goodness, those who are sailing tomorrow out of FL must be scrambling!!!!!

For the heck of it I also checked Walgreens and CVS yesterday here in Central Florida.  There were NO openings at Walgreens and I would have had to drive 45 minutes to get one at a CVS.  I was just curious as to how easy it would have been had I needed one quickly.  Not so easy

15 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Yes @deweytrader posted her family was one case and she knew about another. She's from CT and her family is now in a quarantine hotel in Texas for 7-10 days:

Look for deweytrader's posts starting at #21 (it's a Vista thread but she was on Breeze):

How long does it take from exposure to testing positive. I see now she thinks she got it on her 5 day cruise. She was tested day 4. The kids tested negative at boarding. They did fly in which I suspect. But who can know. Is it about 3 days from exposure to testing positive? 

On 7/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Canadian Disney Mom said:

So here is my issue.  I am Canadian and need one from no more than 3 days before we land in the US. No problem.  We are flying in 8/21.  Our cruise is 8/22.  I do not think I will be able to get a test that will work for both and get the results in time.  Looks like I will have to get one from our govt and then maybe grab one at the aiport or in the US...

Contact the hotel that you are staying at. We are traveling overseas and our hotel already has us scheduled at the lab for our test prior to departure for the states .

Maybe your hotel here in the US will have some assistance they can provide or at least steer you in the right direction.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

How long does it take from exposure to testing positive. I see now she thinks she got it on her 5 day cruise. She was tested day 4. The kids tested negative at boarding. They did fly in which I suspect. But who can know. Is it about 3 days from exposure to testing positive? 

Our office had a super-spreader event in February. Most of my coworkers who got it tested positive within 2-3 days. Our director? Six days out. 😳

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was exposed on a Friday, symptoms started on Monday, but I tested negative Tuesday. I retested on Thursday and tested positive.

• Thanks 1