Re-Deployment Cruise Ship Changes

13cheermom

So for anyone that has had to go through this re-deployment of ship changes, how long did it take for Princess to complete all the switchover changes on your new booking?  I can see some changes on the new booking, however it isn't correct as far as FCC, OBC, airfare, and even the actual cruise fare listed.  Just wondered if it is an ongoing changeover that takes a certain amount of time or should be done all at one time.  Tried chatting online with someone yesterday and they were no help at all.  Takes forever to get through on the phone lines but don't want to let it go when it isn't showing the correct information.  Any helpful information from someone that has already experienced this? Thanks!

33 minutes ago, skynight said:

Ours came promptly. Crown to Emerald. Same cabin assigned, but no fares shown, totally blank. Guess that information will come at some point.

Thanks, that is also our change from Crown to Emerald for 3/13/22 Panama Canal 10-day sailing.  I would just rather not have any information out there until it is all completed, nerve-wracking to see $700 worth of airfare disappear as well as all the other things I mentioned.  Also it would be better to not show anything than wrong information.  I realize this involves a lot of sailings and lots of people, just wondering what others have seen regarding their bookings so far.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

A few months back, our 2023 Emerald cruise, Sydney to LA, was changed over to the Majestic.  It took about a month for us to see the changes...

What's funny is they just sent me emails about adding airfare to my booking, when I've already had the airfare booked and paid for and now is missing. 😱  

30 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

What's funny is they just sent me emails about adding airfare to my booking, when I've already had the airfare booked and paid for and now is missing. 😱  

You might have to rebook your air?  A few weeks ago, we re-fared a South American cruise because of a price drop and we lost our air booking.  We had to rebook it.

5 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks, that is also our change from Crown to Emerald for 3/13/22 Panama Canal 10-day sailing.  I would just rather not have any information out there until it is all completed, nerve-wracking to see $700 worth of airfare disappear as well as all the other things I mentioned.  Also it would be better to not show anything than wrong information.  I realize this involves a lot of sailings and lots of people, just wondering what others have seen regarding their bookings so far.

My 12-9-21 Crown switched to 12-9-21 Emerald Wednesday. Everything except EZAIR & FCD is now on the new booking. I have all the previous perks, OBC, & excursions. My PVP assures me that the file is still being worked on.

Although the airfare does not show on Princess' side, it is still confirmed on the American Airlines website. I had my PVP refare it last week and it took 2 days for the EZAIR booking to show in the Princess mobile website so I have no doubt that it is there. 

My FCD expired after I booked this cruise so I'm just waiting to see if they are refunding or extending & applying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, merryjewelhound said:

I had printed out my air info. So I logged into AA and put in the booking number and it still shows. If you have a copy of your number you might try it.

I also print everything and have backup copies.  My air is still on the Delta app and has not been removed from their site.  It just is concerning that there is no indication on my new booking and the airfare has already been paid in full, therefore I'm not going to do anything with it because they need to re-add it on their end.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

My 12-9-21 Crown switched to 12-9-21 Emerald Wednesday. Everything except EZAIR & FCD is now on the new booking. I have all the previous perks, OBC, & excursions. My PVP assures me that the file is still being worked on.

Although the airfare does not show on Princess' side, it is still confirmed on the American Airlines website. I had my PVP refare it last week and it took 2 days for the EZAIR booking to show in the Princess mobile website so I have no doubt that it is there. 

My FCD expired after I booked this cruise so I'm just waiting to see if they are refunding or extending & applying. 

So this is what concerns me, because my 10% off and $200 OBC for paying in full offer isn't showing on the new booking, which indicates not all things have transferred over correctly yet.  And my airfare also dropped and I wanted to go in to refare, however I can't because right now it doesn't even exist, lol. The email says it should be done by 8/6/21, that's why I was curious as to what others have experienced.  

Thanks for all the input!

• Like 1

I had it done to me twice in one sailing.  It took a month after each ship change (total of 2 months).  My hotel reservation is still there, but EZ air was cancelled.  

I was "given" $35 Good Will OBC for the change.  

They have to move everyone laterally (same category stateroom or as best that they can) from one ship to the other...I believe manually.  

If they gave you a date, I would guess it comes pretty close to said date.

Edited by cr8tiv1

We were also scheduled to sail on Crown in January and now will be moved to Emerald. Travel Agent advised that new booking information would be sent out to agents by 8/6 so hopefully that means everything should be transitioned by that time.  

Edited by Shelly97060

Three couples had mini-suite guarantees on 2/13/22 Panama Canal cruise.  When the change of ship email arrived from Princess one of the couples had a mini- suite cabin number assigned.  I think it went from an MD to MB.  The other two of us still show as guarantee on the email from Princess.  
The Princess website is still showing the Crown, but  when you click for more detail, that page is blank. 

I was checking my autopay in my banks app and noticed a $100 deposit from Princess. So I think Princess refunded my FCD instead of applying it.  But I still have the OBC that I was supposed to get when applying the FCD to a cruise. I'm confused 😕 . Will they take back the OBC? Still missing the EZAIR charge but AA says I'm still ticketed. This is my 1st time going through this. Is what I'm seeing normal? 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I was checking my autopay in my banks app and noticed a $100 deposit from Princess. So I think Princess refunded my FCD instead of applying it.  But I still have the OBC that I was supposed to get when applying the FCD to a cruise. I'm confused 😕 . Will they take back the OBC? Still missing the EZAIR charge but AA says I'm still ticketed. This is my 1st time going through this. Is what I'm seeing normal? 

I feel your confusion as it is also my first experience with this.  My FCC is now showing however the original fare hasn't been changed from another promotion as well as a $200 OBC that goes along with it.  Since the date says to be changed by 8/6/21 I'm going to give it some time to straighten itself out.  But if I don't see all the corrections by then I will be contacting them to correct.  My airfare is also still showing on Delta app as well as my seats are still shown as selected, so I feel better about that.  Guess we all just have to be a little patient with their limited staff and new hires.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I can't answer any of those questions, but thought you might find some humor in this story.  We had EZ Air to London.  Our cruise was moved over.  My ticket got cancelled without any penalties.  My cabin mate got a notice that it was time to check in for the (ghost) flight.  She didn't do anything.  No charges that we know of.

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:10 AM, Ombud said:

My EZAIR just showed up and I owe $189.22 instead of $89.22. Waiting to see if I get to keep the FCD OBC or if they take it back bc the FCD was refunded in error

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

My EZAIR just showed up and I owe $189.22 instead of $89.22. Waiting to see if I get to keep the FCD OBC or if they take it back bc the FCD was refunded in error

Thanks for the update, it is encouraging that they are still working on bookings.  Since mine isn't until 3/13/21 I will continue to wait patiently 😂.  Hopefully yours will get completely transferred soon!