Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0731Europe.thumb.png.0b61308d3d355edd5e1f33d5cd2a26c0.png

0731NAmerica.thumb.png.a1e2fb6b0a4add547fc2ce98008e08fd.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  A special salute to Mutts, today.  I'll pass on the avacados and cotton candy.  I love the Dewey quote.  I have not been to Loreto.  The Maple Glazed Ham sounds like a winner.  My alternative is Summer Fruit Salad with Sambuca, Chicken and Corn Soup, and Turken Roast with Giblet Gravy and Cranberry as served on MS Prinsendam July 31, 2011.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Thomas Royds last alarm 7/24/21
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
jayhawk66;s furbaby
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Improving)
bennybear DSIL infection
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Kakalina recovering from radiation for aggressive cancer
Tana back in the hospital

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Bon Voyage Crazy for Cats
Welcome aboard jayhawk66
Front Line Health Care Workers
CrazyForCats off to Seattle
HorizonChaser1957 to Okaanagan
puppycanducruise adopting Bertie Woofster
Better vision for JazzyV
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a chilly Southern Ontario.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Bertie Woofster believes everyday is Mutts Day, and for our household, he's right.🙂

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but we're camping so it will have to be something else for us tonight.  But I will save it for another day.

Hope the wine and drink of the day are winners too.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.  

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Saturday smile 🙂 

Great collection of days.  Love avocado and grateful to the Aztecs who introduced it so long ago.  Cotton candy takes me back many years.  Best one to celebrate though for me is (and I am sure for a number of Dailyites) is Mutt’s Day 😄 

C47FEAA8-2F23-4CE7-A6F2-773DFEDB4DE1.thumb.png.a3981f2004900facf0e50237d86f9deb.png

It doesn’t matter if a dog is a mutt or a purebred, they all have some common joys and challenges 😉 

ECABAAD3-79E2-4FAA-936C-547B4BCC8B7B.jpeg.757642acbcd457167426a33dd924d232.jpeg

That quote of Dewey’s is so true so often.  Sometimes I find myself making my goals easy to achieve 😉 

6EECFAB7-B96E-4E78-BEA2-3A96B1C15BDF.jpeg.88044fa9973b18a4d9bc8d04aee783e9.jpeg

Love the meal suggestion but the bbq is calling today with some steak (weather permitting).

Loreto is one of the few places we haven’t been to in Mexico.

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers for my friend’s husband. ♥️   I am happy and relieved to say he is out of ICU and in a regular hospital bed.  He has a ways to go but things are looking very hopeful now. 👍 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

AEA7AC3C-893C-4560-BE78-F6EC53915876.thumb.jpeg.e6e32c38467d177a21db15b8e8df865f.jpeg

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Love the Mutts day.  They make the best pets.  Love Avocado's, have 2 trees growing in the yard.  Cotton candy makes my teeth hurt, it's so sweet.  The Dewey quote is right on.  Love crossing out something on my to do list to be ready to start another.

Love the Recipe but usually save it for Easter.

Have not been to Loreto Mexico, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Caipivodka:

Ingredients
1/4 cup vodka
2 green lemons
2 tablespoons sugar

Preparation

Cut the lemons into quarters and remove their seeds.

Put the lemons in a glass and press their juices with a mortar so they are crushed.

Add sugar, ice and Vodka.

Serve with a slice of lemon to decorate.

If you have been to Brazil and have fallen in love with its national drink made with Cachaca but cannot find it in your country or if you are a Brazilian tired of drinking the same old caipirinha then this recipe is for you.  In this recipe, cachaca is replaced by vodka, bringing that awesome cocktail drink closer to you while giving something new to its regular drinkers.  It is also known as Caipivodka and Caipirodka.  Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 7.01.23 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.  

It looks to be another wonderful day in northeast Ohio.   I have a major Zoom presentation to preside over for the organization I work for this morning.  I am looking forward to passing on this position to someone else next April.  Then I can truly be retired.  

I'll gladly take the avocados and the mutts, but someone else can have my cotton candy.  I didn't even like it as a kid.  

Today's meal looks nice, but I'll pass as I am not a ham fan.  At least  not a fan of the grocery store variety of ham.  They inject those with so much that the texture of the ham turns rubbery to me.  I have had ham that came straight from the farmer before it is doctored up and injected up with stuff.  I was inspired yesterday and have a flank steak marinating to go on the grill later today.

https://damndelicious.net/2019/12/17/maple-glazed-ham/

Maple-Glazed-HamIMG_1018.thumb.jpg.1e42704b33f2572900b58f88ece292e1.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Bindi says everyday should be her day. I had avocados in my Panera Baja bowl last night.  I still have some left, so I can celebrate today! 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists, I really appreciate it. Ours is a big family. Hoping that someday our Care list will be tiny. Morning Dailyite family. 

Food shopping this morning. And then who knows what is in store for me. There was already a decent breeze when Bindi and I were out earlier, so we might get a decent walk in today. 

@kazu, Jacqui wonderful news about your friend. Keeping you all on the prayer list, but out of ICU is a huge step!

Enjoy your day everyone!  
Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Michael David 2017 Inkblot Petit Verdot (Lodi) Central Valley

This red sounds interesting, I enjoy wines that have a blackberry taste. Lots of online distributors with a fairly decent price of $29.99. Might even find it for less locally. 

Winemaker Notes

#87 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

Inkblot’s dark, deep violet hue poured into the glass entices you to explore the wine further. Layered aromas of blackberry jam, orange peel, pepper, and worn leather showcase the wine’s rustic elegance. A rich, weighty and full-bodied Petit Verdot highlighting flavors of ripe black fig, raspberry, and pepper.

WE92 Wine Enthusiast: This big but seductive wine is immensely flavorful and tannic but also polished in feel. It’s brimming with ripe, lush blackberry and blueberry flavors that are deftly accented by vanilla, chocolate and nutmeg.

WW91 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com: The 2017 Michael David Winery Inkblot Petit Verdot is all about power and length. TASTING NOTES: This wine rewards the palate with flavors of concentrated black fruit, anise, and oak. Pair it with a juicy, grilled ribeye.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good  morning  everyone. Great  minds  think alike Debbie, @dfisch, I also  have  a  steak  marinating  and  will  make the sauce  as  well  for  dinner tonight. I  like  the  ham  recipe  and  that  might  be  a  good  idea  for  tomorrow  with  some  potato  salad. I  just  have  to  find   vegetarian  offerings  so  that  the  group  as  a  whole  is  happy. Cooking  for  five every  day instead   of  for  just  DH  and  myself  has  been  an  adjustment but I  am  happy  to  do  it. DD  is  in  charge  of  dessert which  is  always  a  good  thing.

I  love  avocado  and  all  dogs  but  will  pass  on  the  cotton  candy. We  have  not  been  to  the  port.

Our city  left  a  phone  message  to  tell  us  our  zip  code  was  in  the  high  Delta  variant  transmission zone. We  knew  this  since  the  hospital  our  Tana  is  in stopped  letting  visitors  in  and  one  could  sense  the  anxiety  increasing  in  our  stores  and  streets.

Miss Camilla continues  to  charm  her  parents  but  I  think  the  hospital  staff  is  reluctant  to  set  a  date  yet  again. My SIL,the Great  Grandma, has  only  seen  the  baby  when  my  niece  face times  her from  the  hospital.

@kazu,  I  am  so  glad  to  hear that  your  friends' husband  is  out  of  the  ICU.!

@cat shepard. I  just  love  your  trip reports from  Iceland. Thank  you  for  doing  this  for  us.

Terry

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good Saturday morning everyone!  It looks to be another hot, steamy day in the mid 90's.  What do we expect on July 31st? 😎  Haven't been to Loreto, Mexico and don't even know where it's located so will have to check a map this morning and enlighten myself.  Cheers to the mutts on their day of celebration.  I tasted avocado late in life and can take it or leave it.  Cotton candy takes me back to grade school days when our school had an annual fair in May near the end of the school year.  It's so darn sweet, it's not really that good, but more like a novelty you try on a rare occasion.  Great quote of the day.  The Maple Glazed Ham sounds good, but the picture of the pumpkin pie with it on @dfish's post makes my mouth water.  @kazuI'm happy to hear your BFF's DH is out of ICU now.  Prayers for his continued recovery as well as all on our Care list.  Cheers to all on the Celebration list, and a toast to @Crazy For Catsas they embark on their Alaska cruise today.  

Today we think we'll pick up some pulled pork from our favorite barbecue restaurant.  We'll buy enough to freeze and use for sandwiches whenever we feel like some barbecue. 🍽️ 

Next Saturday is a special event for our family.  Our eldest grandson graduated from the University of Cincinnati School of Business in May of 2020 during some of the worst days of the pandemic.  There was no commencement for his University held at all.  On Aug. 7 they are making it up to the class of 2020 and holding commencement ceremonies at an arena on campus.  Our grandson will walk across the stage and receive his official diploma so DH and I are planning a trip to Ohio to be in attendance, with pride.  We will be leaving here Thursday the 5th, stay several days in Ohio, then visit our son in Michigan for several days.  Then we head home to Georgia on Thursday the 12th.  Road trip!!  A side note - DGS's younger sister is also a student at University of Cincinnati School of Business and is taking summer classes so she can finish up her degree this December so fingers crossed we can attend another commencement there in about 4 1/2 months!  Ahhhh, these kids grow up so fast, don't they?  👨‍🎓👩‍🎓

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30

Thank you Rich for the daily and Roy for the care and celebration lists. The quote is so true and the meal sounds delicious. I’ll pass on the drink, too much sugar. My fur baby is Lucas, a 13+ year old mini schnauzer. His intestinal issues are better after a day of rice, boiled chicken, and bananas for his meals. 

• Like 16

Thank you Rich and Roy for today's daily and care reports.

Interesting meal and excellent quote.

We have not been to today's port.

Our family mut (Dog) died several years ago and was lovely.

We have been to lake Windermere and had a lovely lunch.

Picture 021.jpg

IMG_20210731_122219.jpg

IMG-20210731-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210731_124005.jpg

• Like 27

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning and thanks for the Daily. Today’s excitement! Drum Roll Please!🎶🎶

Start packing for the cruise!🛳😁

YAY 🙂   This is one time you are going to enjoy packing, I bet 😉 

• Like 9

Good morning everyone on this very pretty last day of July. Nice collection of days. Jacqui, very happy your friend’s husband is out of ICU.

Tonight we are going to eat at an outside area of a local Italian restaurant where our college freshman grandson is a waiter for the summer. He lives 25 minutes away and although I have seen him, because of his stroke, Sam hasn’t seen him since he came home from Rochester at the end of May. Looking forward to seeing him work at his first job.

Take care everyone,

Carol

• Like 24

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Had a good nights sleep but woke up at 3:30.  The change from east coast to west coast time is always a struggle.  I expect tonight’s sleep to be even better, I love the gentle motion of the ship.  I like today’s meal suggestion but will pass, we have reservations at the Tamarind.  I hope that everyone has a good day.

• Like 24

20 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Very excited for you!

I hate packing but this is an exception. Plus DW has the final say and I usually have to bring many items back to the closet! “You don’t need ten shirts.”

• Like 12
  • Haha 9

Good morning from central Texas.  The sun is hining and there is not breeze, so it will be a typical hot summer day.  I'm heading out soon to get the grass mowed.

An interesting collection of days.  Our DDs have had some very nice rescue mutts, although Ginnie was mostly dachshund.  Avacados are good.  It's been years since I had cotton candy.  I did not like how sticky my fingers were when I finished.

The quote is also good.  Even mowing our large yard, I break it up into sections so it doesn't seem so big.  It also seems to make it go faster, even though it really doesn't.

The meal and the drink sound good.  Hope the wine is too.

@crazyforcats  Have a great cruise.

@aliaschief  Enjoy the packing and the cruise.  It's the opposite in our house.  I'm the one telling DH to add more shirts, especially for long cruises.

@kazu  Great news that your BFF's DH is out of ICU.  Good thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

@grapau27 Graham, loved the picture of your dog.  My dalmation Ed looked a lot like that.

@mamaofami  Carol, enjoy your dinner "with" your grandson.

We were in Loreto on the Ruby Princess in 2016.  It is in the Sea of Cortez on the east coast of Baja California north of La Paz.  Cruise ships usually only do one or two cruises in that area each year.  We took a tour to San Javier, a small town up in the mountains; then, we walked through Loreto on the way back to the pier.

The sunrising on Loreto as we approached the ancorage.

DSC04802.thumb.JPG.41a3d74ed7bf70351394f0bbdc19ff64.JPG

The main street and church in San Javier

DSC04806.thumb.JPG.5e5b4881db4873437d91c369a869f7f0.JPG

DSC04807.thumb.JPG.fda06826024fcd797443121bffce4519.JPG

DSC04819.thumb.JPG.1a4588344b76d9cbfdbfcef9675166ed.JPG

DSC04821.thumb.JPG.d034d0f46aadedc89ec65dcd78333a2a.JPG

DSC04822.thumb.JPG.473b03c93858baad2710a8e6bf5f6ec7.JPG

DSC04835.thumb.JPG.a10bc560e3e850e6bb6de068d4abc6a8.JPG

Behind the church was an area with ancient trees with twisted trunks.

DSC04841.thumb.JPG.e61e8bc41deebf81939eeb20050bd5da.JPG

In honor of mutts day, a local resident

DSC04814.thumb.JPG.d3a827d0eb067b8f2c0a6d38eea700e9.JPG

The little cafe where we had an early, good lunch

DSC04849.thumb.JPG.7b6b1c444f776bb1131e81eb2f9dd7c9.JPG

On the way back to Loreto, we stopped at a view point with a wayside chapel/

DSC04852.thumb.JPG.a4f2cffb9df247445d1d81f5df834793.JPG

DSC04850.thumb.JPG.038982f0807008bac36b2866e864148d.JPG

Back in Loreto, our guide took us to the local church.

DSC04857.thumb.JPG.50ed81bf7bb0148dedf12aa5f0ca2fb4.JPG

DSC04864.thumb.JPG.ef39e1a0e659da95ce60088b4997db9e.JPG

Loreto on the walk back to the pier and the tenders.

DSC04868.thumb.JPG.9fcb9aa7918188af518b2eaa21c880ff.JPG

DSC04869.thumb.JPG.9ced44628c2fd12e6d00d9aaf2bae656.JPG

DSC04870.thumb.JPG.6abdce3078e25906ad779690adc435bb.JPG

DSC04875.thumb.JPG.c3c592a1456a380be6f3b0af87daded6.JPG

DSC04879.thumb.JPG.59622289ef50829d007abbb210ca1df2.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3