Nightmare today at Port Everglades for people waiting to board the Edge because of new Covid testing

terrydtx

52 minutes ago, kearney said:

you might consider going ahead and getting a rapid antigen test and bring with you... that might shorten things

I was checking locally and LabCorps  has the rapid tests available for $99 and at least on my local one there were even appointments open in the next 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

IS THAT FOR YOUR sEPTEMBER SAILING?

Yes it is.    Sept 5 sailing.     I didn't receive anything for the  b2b.   I was told by someone here that the cutoff for this notification is September 6.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes it is.    Sept 5 sailing.     I didn't receive anything for the  b2b.   I was told by someone here that the cutoff for this notification is September 6.

Sorry about the caps.  September 6 is the last sailing date for the pre-cruise test requirement according to the X website.

I'm feeling ignored.  We sail 8/27 and if it weren't for these forums we wouldn't know anything about this.  😒

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

So does that mean that any cruises after 6 Sept will have another notification or that you don't need to be tested prior to sailing...

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

LPP the CEO of Celebrity was reportedly onboard the prior sailing.   I wonder if she left the ship earlier in the week or if she disembarked today did she stay around today to watch this unfold?

LLP would definitely have benefitted from assisting Captain Kate handing out water and getting a first hand feel for what happens when you rush last minute plans without thinking of the possible consequences.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We come off Sept 5.  I'll leave the light on for ya.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

Will do. I had some appointments booked *just in case* they did this… we are obviously fully vaccinated, but I had a premonition they would do this at this last minute and figured it wouldn’t hurt to have tests at the ready. Lo and behold…

I am on Equinox a week from tomorrow. I had already booked a rapid antigen test at CVS before this email came out. Like you, I thought that we might be headed in this direction because of the increase in cases and the ease of transmission of the Delta variant.  I also wanted to know that I was OK, at least when I took the test, before I drove five hours and spent the night in a hotel. 

I am fortunate that I had a very mild case of Covid and am also fully vaccinated. While it doesn’t mean I can’t  contract it again (never say never), the odds of that happening are in my favor. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Sorry about the caps.  September 6 is the last sailing date for the pre-cruise test requirement according to the X website.

I'm feeling ignored.  We sail 8/27 and if it weren't for these forums we wouldn't know anything about this.  😒

Some people have been saying they found it in their Junk Mail.   I got one from Celebrity and one from my Agent  

The return address was ---- noreply@everbridge.net   

Celebrity use everbridge.net  for mass notification and some mail servers flag them as SPAM since the broadcast so many messages.   They are a critical message platform

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Some people have been saying they found it in their Junk Mail.   I got one from Celebrity and one from my Agent  

Celebrity use everbridge.net  for mass notification and some mail servers flag them as SPAM since the broadcast so many messages.   They are a critical message platform

Yep.  I check my spam daily as a habit.

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

And there are some I never get--not in junk or inbox--even when I test receipt with the sender real-time, so it's hard to know.

I’ve read several reports from passengers on this cruise that X “abandoned “ the testing at some point this afternoon. I haven’t seen exactly when or how many passengers were not tested. Anyone have the details on this? Plan to test while onboard?

The decision to test at the port today is a classic example of “ready, fire, aim.” Great intentions, bad implementation.   They could have said that all vaccinated passengers will be tested on board within the first 24 hours of boarding, while still only testing those unvaccinated (including children) at embarkation. 

Apparently, they gave up on administering tests today. That could mean one of two things, or both: they realized what a “cluster” this was, or, of the passengers they tested, they found little to no positive passengers.

How they handle this tomorrow on Equinox should be interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Don posted an update:

That isn't good! 

Okay, so the delay in disembarkation this morning was because they didn't do the end of cruise Covid test until this morning. I wonder if we'll find out why people were arrested?

3 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Captain apologized on her evening announcement and stated the delay was

not on Celebrity. On board credit will be applied to our accounts. Letters will be placed in the cabins.

Excellent service thus far in Fine Cut.

Not on Celebrity?  Did she say who they are trying to blame?  Or just figuring a little OBC will make everything better?

• Like 3