Is anyone actually Excited?

We sail next weekend and I'd say excited but apprehensive. Rules keep changing what feels like daily. If one person in our group of 10 vaccinated adults tests positive now that's gonna majorly suck. Masks are awful and we haven't had to wear them for many many months. We are trying to stay positive and keep our fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

We are also excited. On Independence on her first cruise out of Galveston in two weeks and can't wait. Know it will be different and expect some last minute changes, like this weeks need to have a negative test prior to sailing even with the vaccinations. Don't care, not a pig deal just want to be on board and enjoy the cruise experience again.  

I am SUPER stoked!! I had promised my grandmother a trip to Italy for her 80th Birthday, which was in March of 2020  (The trip was planned for May of that year.)  Covid killed that trip, but now, we have Allure booked for May of 2022 for a Mediterranean cruise; we'll be seeing places we never saw or dreamed of seeing before, in addition to a 3 night pre-stay in Rome! And it's on A Royal Caribbean cruise.  I have never sailed Royal before; I had always cruised NCL, so I am doubly excited for ALL the new opportunities! 

I have been gung ho forever ... right until the last few days. Been like a splash of cold water. 3 cruiselines have positives and rcl and celebrity changed policies last minute. Kind of a wake up call.

First time I havent been gung ho.

• Like 3

Oh, my gosh....SO excited!!!!  We have a B2B scheduled on the Liberty.  The only thing that has me a bit worried is the Sept. 26 cruise is not showing on any of the port schedules.... But, several people just got Royal Up emails in the last few days.  Who knows!!!

• Like 1

We had a great time on our July 12 Freedom cruise and got used to wearing a mask when leaving our room and in public hallways. I am excited to return to Freedom on Monday, but even more excited to be on the Odyssey the following Sunday!

2AECC8F8-D0DA-49BF-ABBE-C446B279946D.jpeg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have been gung ho forever ... right until the last few days. Been like a splash of cold water. 3 cruiselines have positives and rcl and celebrity changed policies last minute. Kind of a wake up call.

First time I havent been gung ho.

Mardi Gras sailed today 

28 minutes ago, Pineapple Princess said:

Excited until Thursday when RC changed protocols.  Feeling confused now and wish I hadn't booked 5 cruise with them.🤨 I over think everything and this wait and see is so stressful.

Protocols will always change. Carnivals changed at the port when passengers arrived and they had no idea till they started check in. Apparently the carnival edge adopted same covid testing as royal,vax and non vax. Cruisers didnt know until arrival at port. Things will change back and forth. Cruiselines need to stay in business with healthy passengers or this will be the end for them They cant survive another shut down. Im not happy about testing b4 I set sail next sunday but I can cancel if I wanted to. No way in he$# im cancelling. Simple 2 min test. I hate masks but it is what it is. 

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mardi Gras sailed today 

Lol so I heard. ..and heard .. and heard. I'm on 5 day breeze and we are getting daily walk abouts on mardi gras and I'm biting my tongue not to say anything lol. I'd rather talk about my ship and cruise but not a mod.

I did see the menu for the free big chicken and am more of a fan than I thought I'd be. Lunch is one item, a big crispy chicken sandwich pick your sauces. Breakfast is 3 items biscuit chicken sandwich and omelets. I pictured KFC pieces of fried chicken legs. I'd eat a sandwich.

Eremils sounds good. Some travel agents got on since yesterday sampling food. No one knows what street eats is. Roller coaster overpriced at 15. So is lofts 19 area. 2k for a cabana for 5 pax.

Just now, firefly333 said:

Lol so I heard. ..and heard .. and heard. I'm on 5 day breeze and we are getting daily walk abouts on mardi gras and I'm biting my tongue not to say anything lol. I'd rather talk about my ship and cruise but not a mod.

I did see the menu for the free big chicken and am more of a fan than I thought I'd be. Lunch is one item, a big crispy chicken sandwich pick your sauces. Breakfast is 3 items biscuit chicken sandwich and omelets. I pictured KFC pieces of fried chicken legs. I'd eat a sandwich.

Eremils sounds good. Some travel agents got on since yesterday sampling food. No one knows what street eats is. Roller coaster overpriced at 15. So is lofts 19 area. 2k for a cabana for 5 pax.

Got back in Ocala yesterday, wished I'd stopped by T3 to watch the coaster in action

• Thanks 1

Already almost fully packed for our Aug 20 Ovation cruise, and normally I’m a last minute packer. Haven’t had a vacation in almost a year, and need to get out of the house and away from the everyday cooking and cleaning and working. My kids have dealt with many challenges with virtual learning for university, and working almost full time as essential workers during the last 18 months, and need some down time and a change of scenery as well. We love cruising and have never been to Alaska, so we look forward to this trip to connect as a family, and have some fun together on a beautiful ship with an amazing itinerary. Despite the fact that there are many uncertainties and travel challenges, we are flexible in adapting as needed - just so thankful that we can take this opportunity!

You bet we’re excited to be back cruising again soon! 

• Like 1

We were very excited and had a great cruise a couple weeks ago on Adventure! So much we are looking to book again before its leaves Nassau.

With that said there is no way on I would be going on one of these sailings from the US with unvaccinated adults and more protocols!

I was super excited until I heard the new testing rules from the US.   And more cases on board various ships.  I get why the rules and I understand there will be break through cases.  But it has taken my enthusiasm way down.  With final payment next week we are on the verge of canceling.  I thought we were ready but maybe spring would be better for us after they work some of the kinks out. 

But for the rest of you who are ready have a great time!  I’m not hearing yet that people are regretting going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our OASIS cruise isn’t until 2/13/22 but YES we’re excited.  I’m playing with the idea of packing considerably lighter so as to walk off upon departure to avoid sitting in the airport all day and getting home at midnight.  Maybe “practicing” will make the time pass faster.  

We are very excited to cruise again;  we missed today's sailing on the Odyssey due to a death in the family.  We are booked for an August cruise on Allure and hoping all goes well and very much looking forward to the cruise!

12 hours ago, cindivan said:

We have already made final payment.   And we are trying to meet up with my sister and her husband in CLT on the way there and haven't had much success with needing specific flights on Air2Sea.   And *pretty* sure we will be cruising, but we have so much FCC out there don't need to add 2k+ credit on flights that we might not take.

I'm pretty sure, check with others that if you were to cancel the Air2Sea it is refunded as cash and will not be given back to you as a FCC

Might be a cancel fee per person charged by the Airline, but that is all.

Edited by Jimbo

Very excited to be boarding Allure next month, restrictions or no restrictions. We are beyond lucky and privileged to be able to cruise. If we ever become so jaded about it that it becomes just another cruise" then it will be time to stop. We are fully vaccinated and not going to stop living our lives and having adventures because of Covid. Its here and looks like it will be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1