The Daily for Sunday August 01, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good afternoon/evening everyone.  Busy day today, but wanted to pop in.  I haven't read through the whole thread, but the collection of days is particularly lovely.

@Seasick Sailor, we stayed at the Westin Nanea and that stands out as one of our favorite Hawaii vacations.  That's so cool that you bought there.  

@cat shepard, your Iceland travelogue has been a real delight.  Thank you for that.

Thanks to all my Daily buddies for being right here.  Have a great evening Everybody!

0108191752_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

0205201803b_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a very warm and sunny day at the beach

Great selection of days. I have some wonderful longtime girlfriends. Cant imagine life without them. Have been to San Juan several times but not in the last several years. It seems every time we went there it was cool and raining. So we no longer cruise in January.

@Mr. Boston Love Ogunquit. I got one of the worst sunburns of my life there. It was a beautiful day with breezes blowing off the cool ocean. Of course, I was young and foolish then. Was visiting one of my girlfriends who lives in Biddeford. Beautiful area.

@grapau27 Those pizzas look wonderful! Everytime you mention " Gretna Green", I think of Jane Austin who is a favorite author of mine. Know it not the same place, but it gives me a chuckle!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Ha! Well guess what? Despite using 50 sunblock I’m sporting a nice back burn. The conditions were exactly the same, sunny, mid 70’s with a nice cooling breeze off the ocean. I wish I could say that I’m young and foolish but since I’ll be turning 60 later this month I can’t.  At least I’m still able to act it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobpatj said:

I'm late to the party, today, spending a lot of time on packing!  I'm done, but Bob's still working on it.  Tomorrow, we fly to Seattle to enjoy time with the family before we board NA, on Saturday. Woohoo! 

Best wishes  for a fabulous cruise, safe travelling.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm having a lot of coughing this morning and it's getting in my way of reading Cruise Critic!  I sure wish we could figure out what's wrong.

I know that DH has coughing “fits” when his acid reflux is bothering him. 

• Like 3

I’m very late tonight but wanted to check in. We’ve been to San Juan about 4 times. The first time was on our very first cruise on the Noordam February 1987. We were very young, it was a nighttime call, and weren’t really interested but did go to shore walked a bit and then got back on the ship. Since then we ventured out more and our favorite was when we actually sailed in and out of San Juan, I think it was 1999. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures handy. The best part is the sail in and out with all the views of the fort. 

Have a great evening!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, bobpatj said:

I'm late to the party, today, spending a lot of time on packing!  I'm done, but Bob's still working on it.  Tomorrow, we fly to Seattle to enjoy time with the family before we board NA, on Saturday. Woohoo! 

Safe travels!  Have a great visit and BON VOYAGE 🛳 

Hope you have a great cruise and a wonderful time 🙂 

• Like 2