Aruba and Curacao change in COVID policy

For those of us planning (fingers crossed) on cruising to the south Caribbean, Aruba and Curacao have enacted new policy for all tourists, regardless of vaccination status as follows (US is considered high risk country):

ruba.jpg

curacao.jpg

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Is that policy for cruise stop guests or just land visitors?

Even the Bahamas has different rules for land guests vs. cruise stop guests.

Yeah thats a good question. 

Even if you take the PCR test on the day before you board the ship, it will take at least 2 days non-stop from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba and Curacao. You'll miss the 72 hours threshold.

8 hours ago, coldflame said:

For those of us planning (fingers crossed) on cruising to the south Caribbean, Aruba and Curacao have enacted new policy for all tourists, regardless of vaccination status as follows (US is considered high risk country):

ruba.jpg

curacao.jpg

So,,, it has to do with what agreements that the cruise line has with the ports of call. As pointed out, the Bahamas require that you apply for a Health Visa and pay for Bahamian COVID Health Insurance,,,, unless you are arriving by cruise ship with a "deal". 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Why? That is essentially a cruise to nowhere. Southern Caribbean is a much better itinerary. 

Agree...A true Southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan. We've done it several times and booked a B2B again for March 2020. Hoping things will be much better by then.

6 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

The cruises out of Nassau are for people who want to cruise in the worst way, and they get just that.

Two days at perfect day Coco Cay, then Cozumel and a crappy stop at Freeport.

what’s your beef guy?

The worst way to cruise right now is leaving out of Florida with all those mandates and restrictions onboard. That’s wanting a cruise in the worst way and getting just that!

having to remember to put on your mask every single time you leave your room, no thanks!

Enjoy your next cruise! 👍

Edited by Jtd724
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, billslowsky said:

The cruises out of Nassau are for people who want to cruise in the worst way, and they get just that.

And luckily there are those of us who would much rather cruise without a mask mandate in doors. Who on earth would voluntarily go to Florida right now? I'll just be happy to be on a ship, the ports are fine with me. 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:25 PM, Ashland said:

Agree...A true Southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan. We've done it several times and booked a B2B again for March 2020. Hoping things will be much better by then.

I can already tell you how that story ends. You’re back to back cruise in March 2020 was cancelledI can already tell you how that story ends. You’re back to back cruise in March 2020 was cancelled

On 8/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, smokeybandit said:

Is that policy for cruise stop guests or just land visitors?

Even the Bahamas has different rules for land guests vs. cruise stop guests.

As for Curaçao at the moment,  it does not pertain to cruise ship passengers (subject to change of course).

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, billslowsky said:

I know of many on these boards who do not share your opinion who've actually cruised out of Nassau in the past couple weeks...have you?  They all had a blast!  Eye of the beholder!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, Jtd724 said:

Two days at perfect day Coco Cay, then Cozumel and a crappy stop at Freeport.

what’s your beef guy?

The worst way to cruise right now is leaving out of Florida with all those mandates and restrictions onboard. That’s wanting a cruise in the worst way and getting just that!

having to remember to put on your mask every single time you leave your room, no thanks!

Enjoy your next cruise! 👍

Worst way.  Enjoy the masks!

On 8/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, BecciBoo said:

I know of many on these boards who do not share your opinion who've actually cruised out of Nassau in the past couple weeks...have you?  They all had a blast!  Eye of the beholder!

Many?  There have been a handful of people who posted about their cruises out of Nassau.

And read today's joyful posts!

Mask of the beholder!

My wife and I cruised out of Nassau in early July and had a great time.  Coco Cay for two days was a lot of fun, Cozumel we had a really good time, and we loved the fact that the ship was only half full and so no lines for anything we wanted to do.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, MommaBear55 said:

And luckily there are those of us who would much rather cruise without a mask mandate in doors. Who on earth would voluntarily go to Florida right now? I'll just be happy to be on a ship, the ports are fine with me. 

Cruising on Adventure out of Bahamas, now requires masks to be worn indoors.😒

We cruised on Celebrity Edge in June without masks (except for some ports) and had tons of fun. The fact that we actually cruised brought some normalcy into our lives. We flew to Mexico  twice during pandemic, but it could not substitute our 5 cruises a year. We will cruise with masks too. Small inconvenience in comparison to being anchored. 

Not sure how the Curacao and Aruba policy would work for our cruise booked for Oct 2022 to both places.  We leave from Miami and arrive in Curacao 5 days later and Aruba 6 days later.  Making 72 hour testing impossible.  If this does apply to cruises and does not change before our final payment on July 1, 2022, we will have to cancel our cruise.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, Russ Lomas said:

I can already tell you how that story ends. You’re back to back cruise in March 2020 was cancelledI can already tell you how that story ends. You’re back to back cruise in March 2020 was cancelled

Oops...My Bad :classic_blush:...Sorry for the typo it's March 2022.

• Like 1

So glad I got my mask free back to normal cruise in on July 24th!!!

looks like cruising out of Nassau and Florida is lame… Good timing on my part 👍😊

Edited by Jtd724

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Worst way.  Enjoy the masks!

What masks? My cruise sailed on July 24th 😊keep trying though better luck next time! 👍🤣😂🤣

Edited by Jtd724

1 hour ago, misguy said:

My wife and I cruised out of Nassau in early July and had a great time.  Coco Cay for two days was a lot of fun, Cozumel we had a really good time, and we loved the fact that the ship was only half full and so no lines for anything we wanted to do.

Wasn't it awesome? I was on the 7/24 sailing!