Antigen tests

mgmigs

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If you're going to spend 5 days in FL, you'll be able to find a convenient pharmacy (two of the biggest in the U.S. are CVS and Walgreens, which are similar to Shoppers Drug Mart and PharmaPlus) which should be able to accommodate getting testing done for you.

The question is, who will pay for it.  Being from Canada, I don't know that they have any reciprocity with your insurance carriers.  You may have to come out of pocket.  I don't know anyone who has had a test who had to pay for it.  But, those were tests administered a year ago.  

Just looking at some data around me, I've seen some prices around $100-$150 for testing.  Again, don't know if that's something that is supplemented by insurance or not, though.

Our (U.S.) Medicare covers the entire cost for those who qualify.

Here's a Walgreens which should be close...

Walgreens - Store #7125

1680 SE 17TH ST

Ft Lauderdale, FL 33316

Cross streets: Southwest corner OF EISENHOWER BLVD & 17TH ST

954-467-5448 is not actionable to desktop users since it is disabled

Store & Shopping

Open until 12am

Every day

7am – 12am

Pickup available Details

Curbside, drive-thru or in store

Same Day Delivery available Details

Thanks.  I do believe this is the most likely option, and realize we will have to pay out of pocket, its just that in trying to complete the on-line appointment both CVS and Walgreens are asking for state ID and insurance information.  I'm also checking in via the Canadian cruisers board and the Florida departure board.   Luckily we have a couple of months, and hopefully some of these requirements will ease by then.  And then there's the whole issue of mixed vaccines, but that's another thread! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Thanks.  I do believe this is the most likely option, and realize we will have to pay out of pocket, its just that in trying to complete the on-line appointment both CVS and Walgreens are asking for state ID and insurance information.  I'm also checking in via the Canadian cruisers board and the Florida departure board.   Luckily we have a couple of months, and hopefully some of these requirements will ease by then.  And then there's the whole issue of mixed vaccines, but that's another thread! 

Unless things have changed since sunrise the X pre-testing requirement runs though September 6.  If you're a couple of months out we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Do I worry that doing this next week for my upcoming cruise will be as timely?  I do.  But, figuring I can cut it close and get the test 72 hours out.  If I don’t get results within my 48 hour cancellation window, I just cancel the cruise per Celebrity’s policy!

I would still wait for a result past the 48 hour policy. If your test comes back positive, you can cancel for a full refund right up until you board. That's the policy until 10/31/21. After that, I'm not sure if this applies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I would still wait for a result past the 48 hour policy. If your test comes back positive, you can cancel for a full refund right up until you board. That's the policy until 10/31/21. After that, I'm not sure if this applies.

Thanks…..didn’t know that.  Assumed 48 hours was the cut off.

Edited by graphicguy

14 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

There may be some “walk up” testing options.  I know there are some around me.  But, I don’t know about FLL.  Maybe do a search?

Here’s an option…

https://fasttestnow.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGhBogb8GEsLjrl7nVa4PB1gn5z-iv3XgE4w_mX8woqrkjU-xRZvbaxoCVF0QAvD_BwE

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks…..didn’t know that.  Assumed 48 hours was the cut off.

Guests who book a Celebrity Cruise with a sail date on or before October 31, 2021, will have the following reassurances included at no extra charge. 

• 100% refund of your cruise fare, and your Traveling Party’s fares, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal. 

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.  

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

• Like 1

Just got an email for my cruise this Saturday that has all the old testing/vaccination instructions……..  I don’t know why they can’t get it together to at least have the message of the day be consistent all around…..now if I show up at the pier with this email what will they say?  I’m really surprised  by how poorly this is being handled…..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mgmigs said:

Just got an email for my cruise this Saturday that has all the old testing/vaccination instructions……..  I don’t know why they can’t get it together to at least have the message of the day be consistent all around…..now if I show up at the pier with this email what will they say?  I’m really surprised  by how poorly this is being handled…..

Doesn't this email provide the link to the latest information on the website?  If you show up this weekend without test results I'd assume you would be denied boarding.

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Doesn't this email provide the link to the latest information on the website?  If you show up this weekend without test results I'd assume you would be denied boarding.

Denied boarding or tested at cost?  If they're not testing 2,000 that could be reasonable.

While they might provide a test I wouldn't depend on it.  They have said outright there won't be testing available at the port other than for unvaccinated under 12 who still have to bring a negative test but require an additional rapid test prior to boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

While they might provide a test I wouldn't depend on it.  They have said outright there won't be testing available at the port other than for unvaccinated under 12 who still have to bring a negative test but require an additional rapid test prior to boarding.

True, but how often have things changed?  🙂

We'll get tested on 8/25 for 8/27 and I'll try to get us an appointment for 8/26 in Fla if needed.  But that may be problematic.

We have a different situation which I haven't seen mentioned.  As of now, testing has to be done for cruises which begin through Sept 6 but if that is extended, it will affect us.  We sail on the Equinox on Sept. 17 after getting off the Summit on Sept 15.  This gives us one day in FLL to get tested for the next cruise.  I can ask whether they will test us on the Summit but I'm not sure whether they will.  Any other suggestions? 

18 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

We have a different situation which I haven't seen mentioned.  As of now, testing has to be done for cruises which begin through Sept 6 but if that is extended, it will affect us.  We sail on the Equinox on Sept. 17 after getting off the Summit on Sept 15.  This gives us one day in FLL to get tested for the next cruise.  I can ask whether they will test us on the Summit but I'm not sure whether they will.  Any other suggestions? 

There are a number of CVS in the Fort Lauderdale area. I would locate the one closest to your hotel and schedule a test on either Sept. 15 or 16. The testing dates open up about 2 weeks before, start checking and book as soon as you can. Don’t wait as they fill up quickly. I booked my test for my August 8 cruise (test date is Aug. 6) this past Friday. They had plenty of open time slots. By yesterday, they were completely full. 

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Make an appointment at a CVS in FLL. In case you are not able to get tested on the Summit.
https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

Use zip code for wherever you are staying in FLL, to see appointments.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

There may be some “walk up” testing options.  I know there are some around me.  But, I don’t know about FLL.  Maybe do a search?

Here’s an option…

https://fasttestnow.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGhBogb8GEsLjrl7nVa4PB1gn5z-iv3XgE4w_mX8woqrkjU-xRZvbaxoCVF0QAvD_BwE

We used the FLL airport lab for flying to Aruba out of Miami.  You either make an appointment online or scan a QR code there if you don't have an appointment and fill in all the info on your phone.  As I recall it was around $125 for PCR with results via email link around 24 hours later.  Took around 20 minutes from checkin to done with test.  Only pain was hauling luggage from terminal A to the door on C.  Easy, just expensive.  

Just received a new notification on cruises between August 6 and September 6.   They also have a link to https://www.healthyatsea.com

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your upcoming Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided Celebrity Cruises with updated guidance. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer, with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 

Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.  For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit https://www.healthyatsea.com

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

This is the Royal Caribbean site and they specifically mention CVS & Walgreen for testing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

We are doing B2B2B on Symphony in a few weeks.  Our TA called Royal and asked how we handle the second cruise and was told the ship will handle it if needed.  She indicated the cruise line was NOT going to kick us off the ship because we couldn't get another test - and Celebrity should handle your case the same way.  While yours is a side by side you might be able to get the test onboard the first cruise since some folks onboard will need tests to fly out of country.  Not going to be free, though. 

They may just waive the second test since you were already tested for the first cruise, but not sure the folks that check you in for the second cruise would recognize that. 

Worst case is go out to the airport terminal C and get test done there.

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just received a new notification on cruises between August 6 and September 6.   They also have a link to https://www.healthyatsea.com

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your upcoming Caribbean cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided Celebrity Cruises with updated guidance. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer, with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 

Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.  For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit https://www.healthyatsea.com

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

I still haven't heard diddly - bo or otherwise.

38 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

This is the Royal Caribbean site and they specifically mention CVS & Walgreen for testing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity an RCL were consistent in their messaging.      Why Celebrity doesn't have the same item in their FAQ is amazing.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I still haven't heard diddly - bo or otherwise.

When is your cruise.   Mine is September 5 and the next cruise on Equinox.     I'm only receiving messages for the September 5th Cruise.

Edited-

From your signature it looks like you are on  10/22 Equinox.   The requirements on Testing are  only currently for cruises between August 6 - September 6. 

Edited by Jim_Iain