New NCL Menu's

Jawhn

On the Onda menu they show 

Antipasta

Pasta - 

& Secondi 

Antipasta =Appetizer?

Pasta = Entree ? or is Pasta considered a side dish in this restaurant?

Secondi = Entree ?

How do you order to adhere to the Specialty Dinner promotion. 

(1) Item from Antipasta) and then 1 item from either Pasta or Secondi? 

Or do you order from both Pasta & Secondi?

3 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Antipasta

Pasta - 

& Secondi 

Antipasta =Appetizer?

Secondi = Entree ?

I seem to recall having what amounted to a 4-course meal at La Cucina and not paying extra.  I believe I had the salami plate, ravioli of some kind, sea bass and then Tiramisu for dessert.  Onda may be similar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

I seem to recall having what amounted to a 4-course meal at La Cucina and not paying extra.  I believe I had the salami plate, ravioli of some kind, sea bass and then Tiramisu for dessert.  Onda may be similar.

I don't know how it fits into NCL's pricing scheme, but in a traditional Italian meal pasta is served between the antipasto and main course.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Sad to see the Wild Mushroom Ravioli get the chop on the Haven menu.  That stuff was so freaking good.  Its been on the menu for years and I always eat it.  Also the linguini and clams is gone.  Glad I got one of the last dishes last year 😉

I'm hoping this is all just a mistake.  I've been looking forward to those banana tartlets.  I was also very unhappy when they took Crab Benedict off the breakfast menu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hallux said:

i agree it might be four courses, or they might be flexible where you could have the pasta as a main or a half-sized pasta as an appetizer, I think I remember having that option in La Cuchina MANY years ago on one of the Jewel class ships. Thinking more, I think we shared a pizza, had the 1/2 sized pastas, then mains. 

Edited by psac

2 hours ago, OurAnniversary25 said:

I'm hoping this is all just a mistake.  I've been looking forward to those banana tartlets.  I was also very unhappy when they took Crab Benedict off the breakfast menu.

I doubt its a mistake.  They remove stuff from the menus all the time.  That wild mushroom ravioli made quite the run.  I am not crazy about the new Haven lunch menu though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Antipasta

Pasta - 

& Secondi 

Antipasta =Appetizer?

Secondi = Entree ?

The Specialty Dining Pacakge allows you to order multiple appetizers, multiple sides, one entrée, and dessert. Regardless of what the waiter "suggests", you can order as many antipasta and pasta you want

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Specialty Dining Pacakge allows you to order multiple appetizers, multiple sides, one entrée, and dessert. Regardless of what the waiter "suggests", you can order as many antipasta and pasta you want

@BirdTravels - youre just setting me up to roll out of these restaurants...LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I don't know how it fits into NCL's pricing scheme, but in a traditional Italian meal pasta is served between the antipasto and main course.  

Yup.

Traditionally, you'd start with the Appetizer, and then have the primi which is usually pasta or risotto.  Then you'd have a soup, followed by your main (secondi) with sides.  After that, it's the salad course, then cheeses and fruits, and then a sweet dessert.

And then, of course, coffee and liqueur.  😃

I've been wondering this myself about La Cucina.  No point doing the italian restaurant if we need to fit it into an American three courses.  But if I can have a proper full meal?  SIGN ME UP.

4 hours ago, erikb923 said:

Has anyone seen/posted an updated La Cucina menu?

These menus, I believe, are coming from those that are on the Encore, which does not have a La Cucina. They would have to come from someone on the Jade, or IF it restarts the Gem.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, BirdTravels said:

Yes. It has always been that way. If they can create "interest" by adding a upcharge, and get people to pay more for it, then they will. Lobster has been an upcharge items on most specialty menus since 2016. 

Is there any specialty restaurant that does not have upcharge for lobster?

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Is there any specialty restaurant that does not have upcharge for lobster?

Doubtful.   I believe Ocean Blue's earlier menus had Lobster without up-charge.  

And while we are at it, I'm still unhappy that they charge extra for Crab Cakes😒

I still love this restaurant and will be booking it.

Edited by Sand and Seas

No major changes to Ocean Blue when compared to the 2019 menu. The regular shrimp cocktail was replaced by mushroom arancini, and there are slight changes in the side dishes. 

And hey, the grilled cheese & tomato soup has migrated from Cagney’s to The Local! (okay, it was already there, but NCL has given up on that appetizer at Cagney’s)

Edited by coastcat

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

When we cruised the Joy two years ago, the American Diner had a smaller breakfast bar you could do.  Does only Joy have this or do any of the other ships?

The Encore does small breakfasts and lunches in the Observation lounge. 

4 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

When we cruised the Joy two years ago, the American Diner had a smaller breakfast bar you could do.  Does only Joy have this or do any of the other ships?

When we were on the Bliss there was a small buffet in Margaritaville. The jewel class ships have a small buffet in the Great outdoors area at the back of the ship. We frequent both of those areas.