Special Occasion Treats

cltnccruisers

We're on a 8/27 Equinox ABC.  During the cruise we have my birthday and our 45th wedding anniversary.   Both are set up in our booking.  Should we actually expect anything?  A bottle of wine for our anniversary?   An hour driving the ship for my birthday? 

16 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're on a 8/27 Equinox ABC.  During the cruise we have my birthday and our 45th wedding anniversary.   Both are set up in our booking.  Should we actually expect anything?  A bottle of wine for our anniversary?   An hour driving the ship for my birthday? 

You "might" get a dessert with happy birthday or anniversary on it from the dining staff at dinner.  Otherwise nothing!  We are lucky enough to have a great TA/friend who sends us a gift. 

Edited by lovrccl

3 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

You "might" get a dessert with happy birthday or anniversary on it from the dining staff at dinner.  Otherwise nothing!  We are lucky enough to have a great TA/friend who sends us a gift. 

Rats!  I was really hoping to drive the ship for a while after a few glasses of anniversary wine.  😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

there are many, many birthdays and anniversaries daily on every ship. They claim to have cakes and do but often forget when we have ordered. Best to make your own plan if you want something special

Yeah.  Seems everyone on our roll call has something.  😀

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maggipie said:

We have celebrated many anniversaries onboard; this was on Equinox, I am sure you will be recognized for your 45th! 😊

IMG_1141.JPG

Very nice! Usually just the cake. Very sweet , decadent chocolate.

Make sure the Celebration night is  noted on your reservation and remind maitre d ahead of time.

If we do a specialty restauarant on  the event date, we ask for the choc cake another night so we can enjoy the specialty desserts.

If in  AQ class, BLU, we share with a few of those nearby or you can have it sent to your stateroom.

Congrats on your 45th...maybe Cap Club will send you some wine..let the rep know!

As others have said lots of events on board so definitely remind the M’D on your special evenings...

If you want to surprise your better half with a gift on your anniversary I have seen the Murano staff hide items under their big silver domes and do their spectacular reveal. They will also arrange for a photographer to be there to ‘catch the moment’ if you wish. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, cltnccruisers said:

Rats!  I was really hoping to drive the ship for a while after a few glasses of anniversary wine.  😀

I hope not, we are on your cruise!!!!🤑

We are celebrating our 50th on the 28th in Murano and the last thing I want to do is drive the ship LOL!!!! See you aboard on the 27th.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I hope not, we are on your cruise!!!!🤑

We are celebrating our 50th on the 28th in Murano and the last thing I want to do is drive the ship LOL!!!! See you aboard on the 27th.

If there's anything in the middle of the ocean to hit I'd find it.  🙂

Were you able to book Murano already?  I tried the other day and all the specialty dining options showed "not allowed at this time".

• Haha 1

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

If there's anything in the middle of the ocean to hit I'd find it.  🙂

Were you able to book Murano already?  I tried the other day and all the specialty dining options showed "not allowed at this time".

We booked Murano a couple of weeks ago and it was wide open. We also booked a night at the Tuscan Grill.  Did you try to book online through your reservation or in the smart app?  I do not think you can book using the smart app until we are on the ship.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We booked Murano a couple of weeks ago and it was wide open. We also booked a night at the Tuscan Grill.  Did you try to book online through your reservation or in the smart app?  I do not think you can book using the smart app until we are on the ship.

Through the reservation.  I'm still a little tentative about the app.

I'll try online again.  Less than 2 weeks now.  😀

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Through the reservation.  I'm still a little tentative about the app.

I'll try online again.  Less than 2 weeks now.  😀

I just looked at the availability through my reservation online and there are times available most nights but at 8:00 or 8:30 only. Good luck

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just looked at the availability through my reservation online and there are times available most nights but at 8:00 or 8:30 only. Good luck

I'd been trying to book earlier which might have been the problem.  Took 8:00 which is OK with us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'd been trying to book earlier which might have been the problem.  Took 8:00 which is OK with us.

You can always check with the Matre D when you board to see if an earlier time is available if you want one.

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Make sure the Celebration night is  noted on your reservation and remind maitre d ahead of time.

If we do a specialty restauarant on  the event date, we ask for the choc cake another night so we can enjoy the specialty desserts.

If in  AQ class, BLU, we share with a few of those nearby or you can have it sent to your stateroom.

Congrats on your 45th...maybe Cap Club will send you some wine..let the rep know!

Our anniversary is actually on 9/4 - the dreaded packing evening.  So we've booked Murano for 9/3 instead.  

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Our anniversary is actually on 9/4 - the dreaded packing evening.  So we've booked Murano for 9/3 instead.  

11 hours ago, hcat said:

I just looked at our online account and it does have a notation about our 50th anniversary on the 28th.  We are booked in Murano that night.

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just looked at our online account and it does have a notation about our 50th anniversary on the 28th.  We are booked in Murano that night.

Both my b'day 9/1 and our 45th on 9/4 are noted on our account.  Might drop a bug in the Murano maitre d's ear.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:49 PM, cltnccruisers said:

My wife was celebrating her 60th and we got flowers , a bottle of wine and a large cake also happy birthday sung by the entire concierge staff , but I believe this was mostly due to the fact we were in a penthouse suite.

Maybe the large ships just can't keep up with all the special occassions, but we were on the Galapagos' Expedition, and I had noted anniversary during sailing.  I didn't say anything about it on board. We got our cabin all decorated with hearts, a sign and even a towel animal.  Then on our outdoor dining night, they had a special cake for the anniversary couples.  Was really good.  I should have asked for more!  

16 hours ago, George C said:

My wife was celebrating her 60th and we got flowers , a bottle of wine and a large cake also happy birthday sung by the entire concierge staff , but I believe this was mostly due to the fact we were in a penthouse suite.

Ya think? LOL. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not necessarily.

I've  received the same items in the past on multiple birthday sailings.

Minus the chorus, thank goodness! 😁

A few years back we were in a "mere" Sky Suite on Connie out of Venice.  Somehow our butler knew about my dw's birthday.  We did not mention it at all.  We returned from an excursion and found our cabin decorated with balloons and banners.  And he wheeled in a cart with sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries.  My dw thought it was me of course.  But it wasn't and I admitted that to her.  Nice memory!