Allure changing to all vaxxed for 12 and up?

I just carefully reread my email from Royal and it says,

The Government of the United States Virgin Islands has informed us of their plans to require all passengers ages 12 and older traveling onboard a cruise ship to be fully vaccinated in order for the ship to be allowed entry into St. Thomas.

Emphasis mine.  Sounds like it's not an official USVI position but something that they are planning to do.  If you trust Royal, it sounds like they are proactively planning for this coming change.  If you don't trust Royal, you could read several different things into this.

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That only says that a negative test is required for 5+.  The email for my Royal cruise says that all 12+ must be vaxxed.  While I like that idea a lot, I can't find it in writing anywhere from the USVI.

If you drill down far enough through their website you will eventually find the pages that deal with ships. The key to all of this is that the USVI, as a US territory waives the testing requirement and will accept your vaccination status instead if you are “fully vaccinated” by a  USVI/CDC approved vaccine and they are negotiating to include U.S. travelers who meet those USVI requirements. 

Edited by orville99

4 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

OK...that link says that it's not a plan but rather a done deal, according to the VI Tourism Department.  No conspiracy.

• Like 1

Still doesn't explain why USVI has yet to update anything.  Especially something of this magnitude.  So they only care about cruise passengers being vaccinated?  They don't care about the other people flying in? It just doesn't add up.  

Based upon the CDC's website, it seems more like CDC is the one that instituted a policy for USVI.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-usvirgin-islands

It also doesn't help that Royal was basically caught in a lie about St. Kitts in the same email.  It's not like it was a mistake and they were wrong by just a little.  They flat out lied.  They claim now it is "due to additional health protocols  that will limit our ability to visit the island."   What is funny is that St. Kitts wasn't listed on the CDC's updated list of High Risk areas.. but Saint Martin is listed.  Now granted it is the other side of the island of St. Maarten, but still it is an island.  So Royal traded St. Kitts for St. Maarten because of health protocols, only to switch to an island that is listed as being more dangerous for transmission of COVID.  

Sounds legit.