Allure changing to all vaxxed for 12 and up?

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe cruise gets canceled.........so now you only have 16 of 17.   🤣

Have had 10 cancelled - we just keep moving the booking numbers forward - so we still have the same 17 bookings we've had since before the pandemic hit - so we will sail on ALL of those bookings. 😎

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, smplybcause said:

They might - but they are also running out of options. PR will only let vax people off, St Kitts won't let more than 700 people off a ship, St Thomas requires everyone on the ship to be vaccinated, Tortola requires all cruise passengers vaccinated. And I'm not sure if that's all. It's making an Eastern cruise for Royal hard to do without requiring vax. 

I hope St. Kitts ends up changing that to vaxxed only or all RCI ships will be banned especially once capacity starts increasing.

7 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Flag is updated green now on cdc site which means passed. 

The color status has little to do with the test cruise - it's an overall COVID status indication. The column before it shows sailing status and that has not changed from the incorrect "Approved for simulated" - it should list Allure as Simulated or Restricted.

• Like 2

October 31 sailing on Allure.  St Thomas/St Maarten/CocoCay.   Have not received this email but am very hopeful this will be enforced on our sailing.  

Wondering - how does this affect the FL/Desantis/$5000 fine law?

• Like 1

We received the same email regarding our October Symphony sailing. I tend to believe this will be more of the theme moving forward. It’s the best route we currently have to get out the pandemics up and down cycle, so not surprised. 

• Haha 1

Well, since they published all those cancellations today, I'm not sailing anywhere until December. I suspect it will all change by then. In any event, I come down on the side of whatever is the safest way to have a vacation. And if that means mask wearing indoors and all those over 12 vaccinated, that improves the odds of an uninterrupted vacation cruising through the Caribbean when the folks at home are shoveling snow. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Two very different places. 

honestly, I had no idea there were two St Johns. Never been to either of them.

Until you questioned it, I thought this was the St John island which is right next to St Thomas, the one you can just take a ferry to. 🙂

Glad to be enlightened!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

honestly, I had no idea there were two St Johns. Never been to either of them.

Until you questioned it, I thought this was the St John island which is right next to St Thomas, the one you can just take a ferry to. 🙂

Glad to be enlightened!

No worries. There is St. John, USVI which is an island and short ferry ride from St. Thomas. It has no piers to accommodate the big cruise ships. Then there is St. John the town which is the capitol of the island Antigua. It does have a cruise ship pier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just the high speed rail for now.

But it has no stops in Brevard🤣🤣

Is that what they were working on along the highway in January when we took the Littles to Cape Canaveral?

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Is that what they were working on along the highway in January when we took the Littles to Cape Canaveral?

Yep, been going on for about 2 years now

Will connect to Miami, but need to drive to MCO to pick it up

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Two very different places. If I said my cruise was going to Willemstad would you immediately think it was going to Curacao?

It is just such a common mistake among cruisers. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, been going on for about 2 years now

Will connect to Miami, but need to drive to MCO to pick it up

Read an article a while back on it that mentioned they had bought enough land at the turn point that could theoretically support a terminal. Not right at the port, but under 20 minutes. Though that's a far way off. Their stops at Port of Miami and a few more would be before that. 

Though as someone who lives close to MCO I'm crossing my fingers it'll make cruises out of Miami more palatable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Read an article a while back on it that mentioned they had bought enough land at the turn point that could theoretically support a terminal. Not right at the port, but under 20 minutes. Though that's a far way off. Their stops at Port of Miami and a few more would be before that. 

Though as someone who lives close to MCO I'm crossing my fingers it'll make cruises out of Miami more palatable. 

That would be an easy cab ride for us from Cocoa Beach