Allure changing to all vaxxed for 12 and up?

Wow! When I heard the news about the USVI requiring vaccines, I thought for sure the cruise lines would just change itineraries, maybe stop at Tortola instead.  NGL I am kinda shocked that they're making that requirement.  I wonder if a fully vaxxed cruise means that you won't have to wear masks indoors?  Please let us know! Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Wow! When I heard the news about the USVI requiring vaccines, I thought for sure the cruise lines would just change itineraries, maybe stop at Tortola instead.  NGL I am kinda shocked that they're making that requirement.  I wonder if a fully vaxxed cruise means that you won't have to wear masks indoors?  Please let us know! Thanks!

They did change itineraries for at least the next upcoming cruise or two in Aug.

9 minutes ago, BND said:

They did change itineraries for at least the next upcoming cruise or two in Aug.

That makes sense.  They need to at least give the unvaxxed a sporting chance of getting the jab in time.  Still really surprised that they didn't just permanently change the itinerary.  RCCI seemed like they were one of the lines dedicated to a mixed-immunity cruise experience.  

15 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I wonder if a fully vaxxed cruise means that you won't have to wear masks indoors?

Vax for 12+ doesn't mean that the ship will hit the 95% required by the CDC, and Royal is getting their ships approved to sail under the test cruise option which means masks indoors, and considering other ships Royal is sailing that do require vax are still masks indoors because they went the test cruise option ... this won't change the mask rules. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

Vax for 12+ doesn't mean that the ship will hit the 95% required by the CDC, and Royal is getting their ships approved to sail under the test cruise option which means masks indoors, and considering other ships Royal is sailing that do require vax are still masks indoors because they went the test cruise option ... this won't change the mask rules. 

Bummer.  Do you think the masking requirement will be lifted next year (after Dec 31)?

1 minute ago, kayjaypea42 said:

That makes sense.  They need to at least give the unvaxxed a sporting chance of getting the jab in time.  Still really surprised that they didn't just permanently change the itinerary.  RCCI seemed like they were one of the lines dedicated to a mixed-immunity cruise experience.  

They might - but they are also running out of options. PR will only let vax people off, St Kitts won't let more than 700 people off a ship, St Thomas requires everyone on the ship to be vaccinated, Tortola requires all cruise passengers vaccinated. And I'm not sure if that's all. It's making an Eastern cruise for Royal hard to do without requiring vax. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Bummer.  Do you think the masking requirement will be lifted next year (after Dec 31)?

I have no idea. Depends whether CDC extends the CSO. Depends on if the rates are still high. Depends on if NCL wins their suit against FL. Considering how fast things are changing and then going back I can confidently say I have no idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smplybcause said:

They might - but they are also running out of options. PR will only let vax people off, St Kitts won't let more than 700 people off a ship, St Thomas requires everyone on the ship to be vaccinated, Tortola requires all cruise passengers vaccinated. And I'm not sure if that's all. It's making an Eastern cruise for Royal hard to do without requiring vax. 

That makes sense.  I wonder if these rules will help NCL's case against Florida then.  They can point to these new rules from US territories and say "Look...we cannot cruise here without being able to ask for vaccine status ahead of time.and it's impacting business "

8 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

That makes sense.  I wonder if these rules will help NCL's case against Florida then.  They can point to these new rules from US territories and say "Look...we cannot cruise here without being able to ask for vaccine status ahead of time.and it's impacting business "

I don't think it will, if their Eastern route includes USVI then they could require 100% but if the route doesn't include a island that requires it then the state law will remain.

28 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re cruising in a couple of weeks and I didn’t get this email.  Could that be because I’m  Vaccinated?

I'm also vaxxed and reported that to Royal a week or 2 ago.  I'm assuming this email goes to all passengers. 

45 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re cruising in a couple of weeks and I didn’t get this email.  Could that be because I’m  Vaccinated?

We received the email for both our August 22 and October 17 Allure cruises. Our October 10 Allure is a western, so no email for that one.

Edited by orville99

42 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Does your cruise have a scheduled stop in St. Thomas?

IMO, we are going to see more and more islands setting this requirement.   They need to protect their residents as they still have a lot of people to vaccinate.

Children start school soon so should be easy enough to have everyone 12 and older vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

My understanding was St Thomas was not allowing port entry if there are any non-vaccinated on board.  Perhaps I miss-understood what I read on another thread. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Does Tortola have docking facilities large enough for Oasis class of ships? I have never been to that island in over 30 years of cruising so not familiar with its port. That is also a consideration for which islands they can cruise to.

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My understanding was St Thomas was not allowing port entry if there are any non-vaccinated on board.  Perhaps I miss-understood what I read on another thread. 

That’s the way the email reads. No docking in st Thomas with any unvaccinated people on board 12 years old and up.