Allure changing to all vaxxed for 12 and up?

18 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Does Tortola have docking facilities large enough for Oasis class of ships? I have never been to that island in over 30 years of cruising so not familiar with its port. That is also a consideration for which islands they can cruise to.

We have a Mariner in 2022 that is scheduled to port there, so my guess is that voyager class is as large as they can handle.

19 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Does Tortola have docking facilities large enough for Oasis class of ships? I have never been to that island in over 30 years of cruising so not familiar with its port. That is also a consideration for which islands they can cruise to.

Doesn't really matter about dock size when Tortola is requiring ships to have everyone over 12 vaccinated too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We received the email for both our August 22 and October 17 Allure cruises. Our October 10 Allure is a western, so no email for that one.

I have not received an email for our November 21 cruise, which includes St Thomas and St John.

P.S. the adults are vaccinated, and the kid <12 is not. I am happy because this may mean that we may have a safer cruise with everyone over 12 yo vaccinated. A girl can hope! I also hope RCI doesn't change the itinerary to accommodate the unvaxxed crowd over 12.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

I have not received an email for our November 21 cruise, which includes St Thomas and St John.

P.S. the adults are vaccinated, and the kid <12 is not. I am happy because this may mean that we may have a safer cruise with everyone over 12 yo vaccinated. A girl can hope! I also hope RCI doesn't change the itinerary to accommodate the unvaxxed crowd over 12.

We are on the 11/21 Harmony cruise and have not received any emails either.

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re cruising in a couple of weeks and I didn’t get this email.  Could that be because I’m  Vaccinated?

No, that has nothing to do  with it.  We are sailing on Symphony and are vaccinated and we got that email.

I believe this email is being sent to all ships going to St Thomas, through Oct, not just Allure.  Our cruise isn't until Oct 2, so it is going to be the case for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised to get an email for our Nov cruise on Harmony as that one is also going to St Thomas.

Edited by katiel53
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

that's the same one we are on. Darn, I hope they are not scrambling to change the itinerary....

USVI and St Kitts are probably just the beginning of the changes. It may be interesting over the next few months with more ships starting to sail with fewer places to go.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

that's the same one we are on. Darn, I hope they are not scrambling to change the itinerary....

I'd guess that @katiel53 is right and these are only being sent to cruises through Oct.  They probably don't want to upset and refund more unvaxxed guests than absolutely needed at this time.  Who knows what will happen next week or next month.  November is a long time from now, relatively speaking.  I know that doesn't help those who are cruising in November though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It would be nice if they were to decide that with these cruises now vaccinated only that pre-cruise testing is no longer required for cruises that have stops in USVI.

Considering they're requiring testing for cruises that were always vax only - I wouldn't hold your breath. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It would be nice if they were to decide that with these cruises now vaccinated only that pre-cruise testing is no longer required for cruises that have stops in USVI.

I don’t mind the pre-cruise testing at all. As someone who is vaccinated I know that I can still carry and spread the virus, and that there will be unvaccinated children on board our ship. Even if they don’t get super sick if they get it, they can then still spread it, and many of them will be going to school right after our trip is over. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That would be nice, but unfortunately the delta variant is going around and the vaccinated can still get it. Especially in Florida where a ton of ships are going out of. 

They probably want to be relatively assured that no one was delta going on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

As someone who is vaccinated I know that I can still carry and spread the virus,

The challenging question that no one in authority seems to be willing to answer is "Can a fully vaccinated person who is carrying the virus infect another fully vaccinated person?" If the answer is yes, then test away, but if the answer is no then testing on a fully vaccinated cruise is not justifiable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The challenging question that no one in authority seems to be willing to answer is "Can a fully vaccinated person who is carrying the virus infect another fully vaccinated person?" If the answer is yes, then test away, but if the answer is no then testing on a fully vaccinated cruise is not justifiable.

But it is not fully vaccinated, everyone under 12 will be unvaccinated, and will then be going to schools with more unvaccinated kids, and some of those kids will have family members who don’t have the vaccine (for one reason or another). This is a terrible cycle, and doing a painless and quick test a few days before cruising helps lessening the chance of it spreading like that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The answer is "the odds are statistically insignificant"

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

doing a painless and quick test a few days before cruising helps lessening the chance of it spreading like that. 

Not really. Testing only confirms that the person being tested does not have a viral load sufficient to be measured at the instant that the test is conducted. A minute % of fully vaccinated passengers who were properly tested 3-5 days pre-cruise subsequently tested positive while on their fully vaccinated cruise.

Edited by orville99

Symphony (8/21) Just got the same email and text...

Along with a change of itinerary for St. Kitts
We started as Southern Caribbean: Labadee, Aruba and Curaçao
Then it changed to: Nassau, St. Thomas, St Maarten and St Kitts

Now St Kitts has been changed to San Juan

What change will we see next week?!?!?

• Like 3