Allure changing to all vaxxed for 12 and up?

I'd love to see the train extended up to Jacksonville at some point.  Would make it easy for us to get to Orlando and Miami without driving.  I don't know if there would be enough JAX to MCO traffic to justify the extension.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

So will they be fined in Florida for asking for vaccine proof? 

So far there has been no word of consequences. The cruise lines have been asking for voluntary proof with those not complying being subjected to more stringent protocols. 

I suppose that works because no one has been denied service  (boarding) because of vaccine status.

Can’t imagine that Florida will want to make a point of it now considering what else they are dealing with at the moment. Besides, they don’t really want to interfere with the cruise industry.

Edited by Babr

7 minutes ago, Babr said:

I suppose that works because no one has been denied service  (boarding) because of vaccine status.

...right up until someone unvaxxed gets ready to board a ship that is going to St. Thomas...

• Like 3

Just now, RFerrington said:

...right up until someone unvaxxed gets ready to board a ship that is going to St. Thomas...

Forces the issue, doesn’t it? I’m trying to be careful how I say it, but it just isn’t a good position for Florida to be in.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

So will they be fined in Florida for asking for vaccine proof? 

That's the big question. The Governor of the USVI was very vocal about Florida's anti-doc law and the impact it would have on their islands. It seems like they found a way to achieve their goal after all. 

The initial hearing for injunction over NCLH vs. FL is also set for Friday which could impact that situation. 

I mean it’s a bit of a open secret at this point that Florida isn’t penalizing the cruise industry. Both Carnival & Celebrity have been doing full vaccinated cruises out of Florida to no fines. Seems like they’re just doing fully vacced cruises and Desantis is looking the other way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrK1ttens said:

I mean it’s a bit of a open secret at this point that Florida isn’t penalizing the cruise industry. Both Carnival & Celebrity have been doing full vaccinated cruises out of Florida to no fines. Seems like they’re just doing fully vacced cruises and Desantis is looking the other way. 

they are not 100% vaccinated cruises…….

52 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

they are not 100% vaccinated cruises…….

Well Celebrity is 95% so I suppose that’s not exact, but it’s per the CSO. 

But Carnival is definitely 100%.  On July 4, the company sailed from PortMiami on the Carnival Horizon, at 100% vaccinated according to a couple of articles I found. They’ve got another one in Port Canaveral that went out on the 31st that had a vaccine requirement as well. 

9 hours ago, MrK1ttens said:

Well Celebrity is 95% so I suppose that’s not exact, but it’s per the CSO. 

But Carnival is definitely 100%.  On July 4, the company sailed from PortMiami on the Carnival Horizon, at 100% vaccinated according to a couple of articles I found. They’ve got another one in Port Canaveral that went out on the 31st that had a vaccine requirement as well. 

Children under 12 are not vaccinated and parents have to request an exemption for them to sail.  Even though children make up only 5% they are still onboard.  

Just read a post from someone who got off the Horizon and they made the comment that they were not enforcing making these children wear their masks…..

You all do realize that Royal made up the story about St. Kitts and the capacity?  I'm not sure why more news outlets are reporting this, but Travel Weekly reached out to St. Kitts about the new policy and St. Kitts said they had no idea what they were talking about.  They hadn't issued any policy about capacity.  Travel Weekly then reaches out to Royal and Royal now says it is for Health Protocols that they are skipping St. Kitts.  

Also, the USVI tourism website mentions that you only need a negative test to enter USVI.  No mention of vaccinations required.  

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/USVI-bans-cruise-ships-unvaccinated-passengers

I think Royal really messed up on this and basically put out a blatant lie.  Not sure why they did it, but lying to your customers is definitely not a good business practice.  Things aren't adding up. 

Edited by bigdaddyyo

16 minutes ago, bigdaddyyo said:

You all do realize that Royal made up the story about St. Kitts and the capacity?  I'm not sure why more news outlets are reporting this, but Travel Weekly reached out to St. Kitts about the new policy and St. Kitts said they had no idea what they were talking about.  They hadn't issued any policy about capacity.  Travel Weekly then reaches out to Royal and Royal now says it is for Health Protocols that they are skipping St. Kitts.  

Also, the USVI tourism website mentions that you only need a negative test to enter USVI.  No mention of vaccinations required.  

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/USVI-bans-cruise-ships-unvaccinated-passengers

I think Royal really messed up on this and basically put out a blatant lie.  Not sure why they did it, but lying to your customers is definitely not a good business practice.  Things aren't adding up. 

For the USVI at least, it is not a lie...you just aren't looking at the right websites. A travel site may not be updated as quickly as an official website

https://usviupdate.com/

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

For the USVI at least, it is not a lie...you just aren't looking at the right websites. A travel site may not be updated as quickly as an official website

https://usviupdate.com/

I looked through that site expecting to find a web page with the cruise ship details spelled out so that I could provide a link to @bigdaddyyo.  I couldn't find anything related to all 12+ being vaxxed on a cruise ship. I still believe that it's real rather than a Royal lie, but I couldn't find anything on the USVI web site.  Maybe I missed it?

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, been going on for about 2 years now

Will connect to Miami, but need to drive to MCO to pick it up

Once the MCO-Tampa extension is done, we will have a stop about two miles from our home.🚅🚉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrK1ttens said:

Fines can't legally be imposed until the Florida DOH finishes crafting the rules and trigger thresholds for the fines called for in the law to be executed (and the rules and trigger thresholds are approved by the Florida legislature and courts). What is interesting is that the FDOH can set the fine anywhere from $1 to the law's max of $5,000, and set the fining trigger threshold at any violation level from triggering for every violation to triggering when the violations reach a specific numeric threshold and/or frequency.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bigdaddyyo said:

It goes well beyond lame if that is true.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I looked through that site expecting to find a web page with the cruise ship details spelled out so that I could provide a link to @bigdaddyyo.  I couldn't find anything related to all 12+ being vaxxed on a cruise ship. I still believe that it's real rather than a Royal lie, but I couldn't find anything on the USVI web site.  Maybe I missed it?

It is directly on that website but it's an image file not text so it's hard to copy. The very first bullet says it affects all passengers whether arriving by air or sea, and applies to everyone five and older.

USVI-Travel-Advisory-28-July-2021-768x2856~2.jpg

Edited by jrapps

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Children under 12 are not vaccinated and parents have to request an exemption for them to sail.  Even though children make up only 5% they are still onboard.  

Just read a post from someone who got off the Horizon and they made the comment that they were not enforcing making these children wear their masks…..

Sure, I suppose I misspoke at 100%, since children do exist. But the crux of the matter is that they are still requesting vaccine verification for most passengers, and denying adults based on vaccination status. Which from my understanding, is not allowed via Florida law. So that leads me to believe Florida is looking the other way in these scenarios. 

• Like 1

I looked at that website.. Nothing specifically says you have to be vaccinated.  All of it says you need to have a test done, but nothing says you MUST be vaccinated to enter USVI.  The website says even if you have been vaccinated, you still need to do a test.  Still nothing says you must have the vaccine to enter the country.  

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

It is directly on that website but it's an image file not text so it's hard to copy. The very first bullet says it affects all passengers whether arriving by air or sea, and applies to everyone five and older.

USVI-Travel-Advisory-28-July-2021-768x2856~2.jpg

That only says that a negative test is required for 5+.  The email for my Royal cruise says that all 12+ must be vaxxed.  While I like that idea a lot, I can't find it in writing anywhere from the USVI.